Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

Lets have a nearest the pin

I predict he signs the week of the Freo game and extends an extra 3 years on top of his current contract, taking him to the end of 2020.

7 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Annoying when the fingers are faster than the brain, we all do it, well I do.

I changed the F word with extra U's for another swear word that is censored.

You're too fast MD.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

2 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

I predict he signs the week of the Freo game and extends an extra 3 years on top of his current contract, taking him to the end of 2020.

Ok.

I predict he signs before the QB weekend blockbuster v Collingwood. 5 years on top of his current contract. Taking him to end of 2022.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I changed the F word with extra U's for another swear word that is censored.

You're too fast MD.

My wife tell me that too? Go figure.

• Like 1

Signs week before QB . Extra 4 years 

22 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

That is correct MD. However, there is nothing that prevents an "in principal" agreement having been reached with his manager. I would put nothing past Freo after the Lyon snatching. The Demons should be ruthless with this and offer a super long term (6+ year!?) contract to seal the deal at our end IMO. We also need to win every possible game from here and hopefully make finals. All starting this week against the Power away from home.

I'm also hoping that Freo keeps losing, creating turmoil within the Club (and without). One of the rare times i will barrack for the Saints this Saturday. 10 - Zip is going to look like an extremely ugly "send in the administrators!" balance sheet if they lose.

Would anyone of Jessie's calibre really want to join a struggling wooden spooner at the prime of their career with the ugly "Lyon" method of play no longer valid in today's game? They would have to offer a ridiculous sum/overs to obtain him, possibly squeezing out the chance of putting a decent team around him (if he did accept) going forward, limiting their (and Jessie's) potential chance of any medium term success.

And there's the rub.  No-one is saying Jesse is in any direct dealings, but managers being what they are will often bend the rules.

Just now, iv'a worn smith said:

And there's the rub.  No-one is saying Jesse is in any direct dealings, but managers being what they are will often bend the rules.

When Lyon left the Saints he did the deal without his manager IMMSC. So would not be surprised if managers do deals allowing players plausible deniability.

37 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

End of season. 5 year extension $7mil. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, ManDee said:

When Lyon left the Saints he did the deal without his manager IMMSC. So would not be surprised if managers do deals allowing players plausible deniability.

Let's just say Lyon needed the money.

I really thought his body language spoke volumes over the weekend.

I consulted the tea leaves and my interpretation is thus:

Up until a 3-4 weeks ago I think he may still have been of two minds. He struck me as though he was just playing footy. 

For about a fortnight since  he looked more 'on' ... more 'Melbourne' , less robotic and more ' right, he WE go guys' 

Only my gut talking , I think it's now...." to manager; get it done. "

We'll  see I guess ;)

• Like 4

Just now, beelzebub said:

I really thought his body language spoke volumes over the weekend.

I consulted the tea leaves and my interpretation is thus:

Up until a 3-4 weeks ago I think he may still have been of two minds. He struck me as though he was just playing footy. 

For about a fortnight since  he looked more 'on' ... more 'Melbourne' , less robotic and more ' right, he WE go guys' 

Only my gut talking , I think it's now...." to manager; get it done. "

We'll  see I guess ;)

Love your work Bub.  I got the same sense to be honest.

4 hours ago, iv'a worn smith said:

A certain person who works for Freo, is an expat Melburnian.  This person was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago.  A friend of mine, who is a friend of this person, caught up for a drink.  This person, working for Freo, told my friend that Freo had "sealed" the deal.

My response to my friend?  You didn't need that second bottle of red and I will believe it, only when I see it.  My fingers remain firmly crossed.

Thanks for passing on Iva. As with everything that gets posted about Jesse's intentions you take it with varying degrees of salt, but it does amuse me how quickly people are to take anything that hints at him staying as gospel, but dismiss anything suggesting the opposite out of hand.

• Like 1

When he signs, it will be a 2 year extension. He will be signing with us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Django said:

When he signs, it will be a 2 year extension. He will be signing with us.

Conjecture?

One thing that crossed my mind, and my understanding of player manager workings may be wrong, but would a player manager be more likely to lobby for a long-term deal or a short-term one rather than something in the middle? Big payday now, and if not, ensure as best you can you'll be around for the next one?

42 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Conjecture?

One thing that crossed my mind, and my understanding of player manager workings may be wrong, but would a player manager be more likely to lobby for a long-term deal or a short-term one rather than something in the middle? Big payday now, and if not, ensure as best you can you'll be around for the next one?

depends how much the winning club slips the manager under the table i suppose

Have been following the ongoing saga of Jesse's contract status with interest.  I think the key aspect is that the MFC have done everything they committed to in terms of putting a quality list in place, creating a superb culture and environment, an elite coaching and development group (with ongoing continuity).  If Jesse thumbs his nose at that for Freo / Perth then we can all take solace from knowing nothing more could've been done and it becomes a matter of extracting the maximum amount of value that we can (for which we're in a very good position).  He certainly has conveyed the impression in the last few weeks of someone who's invested.  Re the scuttlebutt....I'd like to think Simon Goodwin in a public forum is a more reliable source than some third rate internet journo.

• Like 9

He is contracted until the end of 2017 and he has said he will hold off contract talks until the end of the year. He clearly loves the playing group and loves his role in the forward line. In terms of job satisfaction he is in a terrific place,  and the amount of money we can afford to offer versus a one else is the same or not worth the switch. 

Have some faith,  all signs point to contract extension. He's going nowhere! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jesse Christ said:

He is contracted until the end of 2017 and he has said he will hold off contract talks until the end of the year. He clearly loves the playing group and loves his role in the forward line. In terms of job satisfaction he is in a terrific place,  and the amount of money we can afford to offer versus a one else is the same or not worth the switch. 

Have some faith,  all signs point to contract extension. He's going nowhere! 

The pull of "home" might win out.

1 minute ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Might, but what about the pull of the world's most liveable city.  It's not like he's left home to work in Adelaide or Tasmania or Canberra fgs 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

IMO Melbourne is a far better place to live than Perth, lived half my life in both. If you weirdo's in Melbourne didn't push the house prices through the roof I'd move. 

I might initiate a crowd funded campaign, "Get Ethan to Melbourne."

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jesse Christ said:

Might, but what about the pull of the world's most liveable city.  It's not like he's left home to work in Adelaide or Tasmania or Canberra fgs 

God forbid we enter into constant cliche, but home is where the heart is, regardless of what us Melbournians may think of the place.

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

God forbid we enter into constant cliche, but home is where the heart is, regardless of what us Melbournians may think of the place.

Where ever I lay my hat,  that's my home is also a saying iv'a. This is a pretty [censored] cool place to lay your hat now you hear? 

• Like 1

If he signs, he signs...

Full confidence in the club that they have given him every reason to sign.. If he goes then I believe we make sure we do very well out of it.

Good clubs are not defined by one player, nor do they dwell when someone leaves (Buddy as example)

• Like 5