The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

1 minute ago, Watts the matter said:

So Freo are going to chuck in a pick for someone that struggles to kick goals from 40 meters? You can't have it both ways, if his deficiencies are that much of an issue you can't be expecting to get the best player in the comp and some for him.

whilst you have a point, and valid, it often goes that one mans trash is anothers treasure, ,,,distant fiieds etc.  ALll in all the thing is what might not suit one is not the deal breaker for another.

Hoges aint perfect. Fyffe has attendance issues...  spades, shovels....etc etc

1 hour ago, Daily Dose of Demons said:

If he did end up leaving because we couldn't pay him what he wanted and we got Fyfe and pick in return is anyone here gonna be that upset.

Yes he is very good, has a really strong contested mark and decent skills around the ground and often helps set up goals. My main issue is that he can't kick goals from or on 50, even outside of 40 he struggles to make the distance. He also has a poor attitude and doesn't show much passion.  

If we got the best midfielder in the comp plus a pick we could use to trade for someonelse or take it to the draft, I would be very pleased. I think the main downside is neither weideman or hulett look ready for a full afl season so it may slow the development of the forward line. 

Either way I'm not bothered and can't wait for next season. Go demons! 

He kicks them from outside and just inside the 50 at training, not sure where this myth came from, maybe a couple of misses in games...and Bernie Vince has done that as well

Edited by Satyriconhome

4 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

He kicks them from outside and just inside the 50 at training, not sure where this myth came from, maybe a couple of misses in games

Probably because he has never looked like kicking one from 50 in an actual match

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

He kicks them from outside and just inside the 50 at training, not sure where this myth came from, maybe a couple of misses in games...and Bernie Vince has done that as well

Yes you're on the right track - the hard evidence he's produced on game days.

10 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Oh please, Bernie Vince has done the same thing and he can kick from 65 and 70, hard evidence

Vince, although less reliable lately, miskicks about 1 in 20.

Hogan has many, many strengths but his long-range kicking isn't one of them.

Not sure how even you could possibly argue with that.

• Like 8

Just now, Members' Wing said:

Vince, although less reliable lately, miskicks about 1 in 20.

Hogan has many, many strengths but his long-range kicking isn't one of them.

Not sure how even you could possibly argue with that.

Who is arguing, said I have SEEN Hogan kick that distance

11 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

i will be objective .

He is not confident over 50 metres and looks to pass.

He has kicked one in 2 years from outside 50 in a set shot .(not many can ).

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 2

Hogan is what? I've seen nothing to suggest he will become a great player let alone a good one. Can't understand the fascination with his future. Sure he won the rising star...so did Jarred Rivers...a handy player no doubt, but a star? There are players already on our list that have had fewer opportunities but done more...Seems to be a passionate mindset that he will bring good fortune which seems difficult to equate with his achievements notwithstanding his perceived "upside"? What is seen that I can't see in him? Would happily be wrong in the most fundamental way...yet is he worth the zillions some are prepared to pay and what might we get for him in return? A forward that cannot mark in a contest and is innacurate in front more often than is comfortable, a self centric player with more than his share of conceit.

28 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I've seen him kick that distance as well.  However, he knows it's slightly outside that range and that's why he rarely kicks them from there.  Half the time he looks as though he wants to pass it to someone else.

• Like 1

D

6 minutes ago, Tessaract said:

Hogan is what? I've seen nothing to suggest he will become a great player let alone a good one. Can't understand the fascination with his future. Sure he won the rising star...so did Jarred Rivers...a handy player no doubt, but a star? There are players already on our list that have had fewer opportunities but done more...Seems to be a passionate mindset that he will bring good fortune which seems difficult to equate with his achievements notwithstanding his perceived "upside"? What is seen that I can't see in him? Would happily be wrong in the most fundamental way...yet is he worth the zillions some are prepared to pay and what might we get for him in return? A forward that cannot mark in a contest and is innacurate in front more often than is comfortable, a self centric player with more than his share of conceit.

Be gentle everyone.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I've seen him kick that distance as well.  However, he knows it's slightly outside that range and that's why he rarely kicks them from there.  Half the time he looks as though he wants to pass it to someone else.

Yes maybe he should back himself, sure he will going forward

9 minutes ago, Tessaract said:

Watched a lot of footy have you, but thanks for the laugh

10 minutes ago, Tessaract said:

Tessaract are a pretty good band.

Your posting, on the other hand... not so much.  Nice troll though.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tessaract said:

"Cannot mark in a contest"

21-year-old who is 10th in contested marks in the AFL despite missing a game. Sound analysis.

56 minutes ago, Tessaract said:

Hogan takes the best defender and often the next onw. It allows Watts and his Pedersen/Weiderman to 3rd and 2nd best. This is why Watts is looking so much better, he has always been good, now they focus on Hogan. Hogan would do the same if he wasn't double teamed when the ball came in.

And to counter that i hope he knows we win the big games without him. We are better with him, but he has to fight for it, not every ball from the middle is lace out, on the chest!

I saw him at training yesterday with MND beanie on and number covered with a t'shirt early on. He is what we want, and we all know it. We just have to get him going both ways and goals scored by him are not the primary measure of success. He can play CHF and kick to Weids and Watts and Garlett all day to be a fantastic, lest I say Carey like mulitple premiership player.

1 hour ago, Tessaract said:

He was top 3 for contested marks last year and his right up there again this year.  

You are a peanut!!!!

• Like 4

People ... Don't feed the Troll !!

• Like 2