Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

45 minutes ago, Django said:

It would be ignorant to assume that it would just be Fremantle trying to court Hogan anyway. His manager would be receiving plenty of approaches.

Totally agree. It would be naïve to think that his agent hasn't had plenty of approaches, probably including one from the filth.

But if there was even a sniff that Jesse was willing to talk, there would be a feeding frenzy that would put anything in the animal kingdom to shame. Everyone would know about it, 17 clubs would be crawling over each other & using all sorts of dirty tricks against each other. Wailing and gnashing of teeth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akum said:

Totally agree. It would be naïve to think that his agent hasn't had plenty of approaches, probably including one from the filth.

But if there was even a sniff that Jesse was willing to talk, there would be a feeding frenzy that would put anything in the animal kingdom to shame. Everyone would know about it, 17 clubs would be crawling over each other & using all sorts of dirty tricks against each other. Wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The speculation goes on and on though. 

6 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

GNF there's so many on here that really enjoy your updates. Im one of them.  Especially when they're positive like this one! Dont let the haters drive you away. This site would def  lose something if you went. Things can change and If you're wrong, you're wrong. 

Sincere thanks for your input...sincerely appreciated from myself.

I was further wondering re your thoughts on TMac's stand off....originally it was stated, he would hold off till Hogan decided...well technically that is a year away and TMac contract runs out in 3 weeks time.

personally, I feel TMac is very important - nearly as impirtant to the team as is Hogan..

Your thoughts please and any news on TMac as well? 

Thank you

JCB 31

22 minutes ago, mo64 said:

You just confirmed my point. The best player in the AFL last year in Fyfe, plus Mundy, Neale, Walters, S. Hill and probably B. Hill is not a shabby midfield. If Hogan wanted to go to Freo, he'd have a better understanding of their list than you.

I don't rate it, especially not against ours. Other than Neale, I'd say most of those players are either on the downslope or coming back from serious injury. But that's ok - we can disagree.

4 hours ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Shortly after that, I think it was Daniel Harford who said a text had been received which said it was noted that when the team sang the song JH was in the background looking anything but happy.  Reading too much into things I suspect.  He probably wasn't happy because he wasn't out there on the day.  But I have looked at the footage on the MFC website and I can't pick it up.  Anybody else notice?

I actually did notice Hogan lurking in the background while the song was been sung & I did think he seemed not all that fazed but really what do we want him to do ?carry on doing cartwheels in the background. I'm sure when the players mingled after the song he was front & centre congratulating the boys...

Edited by JV7

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

You just confirmed my point. The best player in the AFL last year in Fyfe, plus Mundy, Neale, Walters, S. Hill and probably B. Hill is not a shabby midfield. If Hogan wanted to go to Freo, he'd have a better understanding of their list than you.

True, it's not a shabby midfield, but it won't hold a candle to ours in a few years time.  Fyfe is injured regularly, Mundy is old, the Hill brothers are inconsistent, as is Walters.  Neale is the only regular contributor each week in that midfield.  When stacked up against ours it isn't even close.  Plus Sandilands is near retirement and they don't have much quality waiting in the wings.

On 08/08/2016 at 11:59 AM, Grand New Flag said:

So you keyboard haters, be my guest, waste your time cross examining every word, knock yourselves out with another 6 pages of dribble, its entertaining to me.

Haters?  I would have thought "Doubters/Sceptics" would have been more appropriate terms.  It would be interesting to see how many of your "fans" would have been lauding your post if it had been saying that Jesse was 100% gone... I get the feeling you may have had an entirely different (and probably much larger) group of doubters than you currently have :)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Haters?  I would have thought "Doubters/Sceptics" would have been more appropriate terms.  It would be interesting to see how many of your "fans" would have been lauding your post if it had been saying that Jesse was 100% gone... I get the feeling you may have had an entirely different (and probably much larger) group of doubters than you currently have :)

I for one would "shoot the messenger"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JV7 said:

I actually did notice Hogan lurking in the background while the song was been sung & I did think he seemed not all that fazed but really what do we want him to do ?carry on doing cartwheels in the background. I'm sure when the players mingled after the song he was front & centre congratulating the boys...

He was taking a picture/film of it on his phone at the start of the song. Can't see him snapchatting his mates saying '[censored] I hate this club can't wait to get out'.

Josh Mahoney was on SEN this morning to talk about the McDonald bros re-signing, but was naturally asked about Hogan. He pretty much reiterated what he's said in the past, along the lines of demonstrating to Jesse that the club is on the right path, etc. Nothing that Mahoney said suggested that Hogan had already recommitted to the club as GNF suggested.

If you compare the T Mac situation to Hogan, Roos and others have always said that they expected T Mac to re-sign. I'm yet to hear anyone at the club be as definitive when discussing Hogan. I appreciate that the situations are different (Hogan still has a year to run), but everyone knows that if he doesn't re-sign before the start of next season, it will become a distraction all year.

Regardless of whether or not GNF’s post is legitimate or not, I think the case for his signature at the Dees is only getting stronger. Jesse watched the Hawthorn game from the stands on Saturday and would have been kicking himself that he wasn’t out there on the field. However, the game was a sweet, sweet glimpse into the Dees’ bright future and the club is really creating something special. No doubt Melbourne is building a premiership-bound team and when they do snag a flag, it will mean a lot more than any other premiership that has been won in AFL history. Melbourne have risen from what was an incredibly dark and woeful period for the club and I really doubt Jesse will want to miss out on the success and glory the club is now destined for.

• Like 4

There has to be an element to all of this we arent privy to ( duh ). It cant be that hard to sign if you are of a mind to continue . . His manager must be fielding offers and interest etc but its as though there's a particular catalyst that has yet to play out.

I'm with those that think there's something odd about all of this. We'll know soon enough I suppose.

3 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

There has to be an element to all of this we arent privy to ( duh ). It cant be that hard to sign if you are of a mind to continue . . His manager must be fielding offers and interest etc but its as though there's a particular catalyst that has yet to play out.

I'm with those that think there's something odd about all of this. We'll know soon enough I suppose.

I have a fairly simple philosophy on this bb.

If Hogan either wants to go back to WA or is just waiting till 2017 to see what the offers are like then there is bugger all we can do about it.

After three years of this regime at the MFC I am confident they will do there utmost to keep Hogan by giving him a good but reasonable offer.

If next year he decides not to stay then so be it.

In today's professional era that is the way the cookie crumbles.

If he does go we hold significant bargaining power, if he does go the club he goes to is going to need to ante up with a very good offer.

All sweet the MFC world will go on.

• Like 3

I would not read too much into this.  Josh is simply keeping the club honest in the early stages of negotiation. Hogan has said he wishes to re-sign, but no deal has yet been struck as such maintaining a market is what any good manager would do.  This is standard.

• Like 6

I have a very strong feeling Jesse will re-sign on a 2-3 year contract similar to McDonald. To be honest his form has been a little underwhelming this year and his kicking style will scare a few clubs off him. None of the WA teams look like dominating over the next few years as West Coast also have an ageing list. He would be best to commit to the Dees for a few years, play some good finals footy and re-assess in 2019 or 2020.

• Like 2

A 2 year contract would also take him up to FA if the AFLPA get their wish and reduce it to 6 years. (Pretty sure I read last year that the year he was at the club as a 17yo would count - it was in the context of referring to when Gold Coast players would become FA's).

1 hour ago, qwerty7 said:

Regardless of whether or not GNF’s post is legitimate or not, I think the case for his signature at the Dees is only getting stronger. Jesse watched the Hawthorn game from the stands on Saturday and would have been kicking himself that he wasn’t out there on the field. However, the game was a sweet, sweet glimpse into the Dees’ bright future and the club is really creating something special. No doubt Melbourne is building a premiership-bound team and when they do snag a flag, it will mean a lot more than any other premiership that has been won in AFL history. Melbourne have risen from what was an incredibly dark and woeful period for the club and I really doubt Jesse will want to miss out on the success and glory the club is now destined for.

Are you a Melbourne supporter by any chance? ;)

But seriously, the team we're building is going to be a contender. Takes a lot of luck to win a flag though. Injuries, being able to hold onto players etc.

Either way, how exciting is it watching this young team? They could do anything this weekend, from spanking Port by 100 to losing by 7 or 8 goals.

Edited by AdamFphlebeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

I actually think Hogan waiting for the CBA suggests he's willing to look at a longer term deal than Tommy Mac was. I'm hoping for a 4-5 year extension and I'm sure the club is too, which is why they're being patient.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

But seriously, the team we're building is going to be a contender. Takes a lot of luck to win a flag though. Injuries, being able to hold onto players etc.

Either way, how exciting is it watching this young team. They could do anything this weekend, from spanking Port by 100 to losing by 7 or 8 goals.

i was wondering the same about you adam.........that is until i got to the end of your last sentence :lol: you pass

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Grand New Flag said:

I would not read too much into this.  Josh is simply keeping the club honest in the early stages of negotiation. Hogan has said he wishes to re-sign, but no deal has yet been struck as such maintaining a market is what any good manager would do.  This is standard.

Only problem is Josh is our manager (MFC) not Hogans so why would he want to keep the market up in negotiations.

Makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

Josh Mahoney was on SEN this morning to talk about the McDonald bros re-signing, but was naturally asked about Hogan. He pretty much reiterated what he's said in the past, along the lines of demonstrating to Jesse that the club is on the right path, etc. Nothing that Mahoney said suggested that Hogan had already recommitted to the club as GNF suggested.

If you compare the T Mac situation to Hogan, Roos and others have always said that they expected T Mac to re-sign. I'm yet to hear anyone at the club be as definitive when discussing Hogan. I appreciate that the situations are different (Hogan still has a year to run), but everyone knows that if he doesn't re-sign before the start of next season, it will become a distraction all year.

Take nothing from this. It's the standard script that Mahoney has been (rightfully) reading for a while now.

But as qwerty says, I think we are moving closer to seeing him sign. The McDonalds recommitting is only good for locking down Jesse.

21 minutes ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

Either way, how exciting is it watching this young team? They could do anything this weekend, from spanking Port by 100 to losing by 7 or 8 goals.

Sure am.:cool:

You’re right about luck re winning a premiership. I mean look at the Bulldogs, they would no doubt have been contenders for the flag this year, but their injuries are holding them back unfortunately. 2017 might be their chance.

This young team is incredibly exciting and we could do anything this weekend, including lose. We are young and so vulnerable to inconsistency, but when players like Petracca, Oliver, Stretch, Weideman, Hogan etc. add some experience and build on their talent, we are going to be close to unstoppable. The MFC is an exciting prospect for the entire AFL community because as teams like Hawthorn, North, West Coast and so forth are starting to age for the worse, we are starting to age for the better. The AFL is starting to see a new top 8 generating over the next few years and everybody can’t wait to see it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rjay said:

Only problem is Josh is our manager (MFC) not Hogans so why would he want to keep the market up in negotiations.

Makes no sense at all.

I heard the interview and Josh straight batted the question exactly i expected him to do.

As of two days ago the media drums were still beating with a "massive" offer from the Swans for Tmac - even the Dons were mentioned and the club had said nothing. (Roos  - one throw away comment - i expect he will stay - but he said that with Frawley as well)

Then bang - the Macs have re-signed. 

• Like 1

Surely Hogan would sign for longer than 2 years unless the media attention really does not bother him. it started 2 years out this time, might start 3 years out next time which would be at the end of next year!   sign on for 4 yrs plus Jesse!