Essendrug Game Protest

whers_jacka_now

Just now, stuie said:

Oh FFS, let's be realistic here... There will be about 40,000 Essendon fans and 10,000 Melbourne fans. This kind of tough talk of "let's do this, let's do that" is just kinda silly.

How about we just focus on the game and leave all the distractions to the opposition.

Bull [censored]. 10,000 Melb people.. Make it 30K.

Melbourne Demons, the drug free are you, the supporters sing and are proud of you!

similar to 

• Like 1

I just cannot stomach this thought of all supporters and ex players marching to the G as one. Also I bet Turd shows up just because he still thinks he didn't do anything wrong and he wants to show support. Also the roar when they run out and they will think they have a  chance this weekend. 

Its a shame we dont get them later in the year when they will be more deflated and there new recruits will fade out. 

But its a test this week. We should win and win easily this week. Geez I hope we do. It will be so embarrassing to lose to them.

also just a question why is Fletcher allowed to travel to watch essendon play but cannot watch his own son play local footy? I mean I would have thought any player suspended shouldnt be able to go and watch the team he was suspended form. 

2 minutes ago, whers_jacka_now said:

Bull [censored]. 10,000 Melb people.. Make it 30K.

28k for a home game against GWS, don't think there's going to be 30k of just Melbourne fans for an away game against a thrown together side.

• Like 1

Hird: gone
Little: gone
Thompson: gone
Robinson: gone
Dank: gone
34 drug-taking players: not playing

What is left to boo? A whole lot of players who had nothing to do with the drug issue and a new coach.

Just beat them, that's enough for me. Anything else is childish, vindictive rubbish.

P.S. Are you going to boo Jamar too if he plays?

• Like 17

2 hours ago, whers_jacka_now said:

We are in the most privileged position to be the first club to play the cheats in Melbourne @ their home game. Particularly they are doing some sort of "support walk" for the past and can you believe it banned players. Even a some sort of standing ovation clap.

We need to stand up for the rest of the non cheating players and clubs of this league / world who are somehow tried to make feel almost sorry for the dogs.

We need a protest for:

• Every other club and player who does noes not cheat
  • The contrived sham which saw the AFL almost complete their negotiated outcome and play everyone like fools.
  • The contrived sham which saw the AFL treat us with more disdain for dare mentioning the "T" work while at least 5 other clubs did that and shaming us (Not to mention Jimmy and Bailey)
  • The arrogance of which their supporters have belittled every possible finding,(mexican hats, stand by hird et al)
  • The AFL players association who inexplicably stick by the 34 like fallen angels, without caring about the non drug taking other 500 or so who should demand a level playing field
  • Rd 4, 2013 when they beat us by 120 odd points, when juiced up with goof balls
  • The ridiculous Hird dragging the game through the courts and the mud for 3 years.

We need to do it not just for us but for every other fair club, players, supporter and sports.

Ideas?

• I like the simple chant of CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS, CHEATS during the standing ovation. 30,000 odd chanting dees would out voice 30 odd thousand gay golf claps. 

tumblr_inline_mvv90fWBnr1razod5.pngda0bda41846294258c749442d8758d5b.jpg

simple i would have thought.

yeah, like climbing the Nth face

15 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

Hird: gone
Little: gone
Thompson: gone
Robinson: gone
Dank: gone
34 drug-taking players: not playing

What is left to boo? A whole lot of players who had nothing to do with the drug issue and a new coach.

Just beat them, that's enough for me. Anything else is childish, vindictive rubbish.

P.S. Are you going to boo Jamar too if he plays?

the reminder to that club's supporters,  who re-fuse to accept they tried cheating the whole competition.  bringing this game into disrepute.

& the AFL commission for another fine job they did.

• Like 1

Just now, dee-luded said:

the reminder to that club's supporters,  who re-fuse to accept they tried cheating the whole competition.  bringing this game into disrepute.

& the AFL commission for another fine job they did.

Ummmmmmm..... Do you need a reminder about our recent history mate?

Four quarter demolition, capped by sporadic singing of the song during the last should be good enough for me... 

The Dons are now cursed for a long time, they've already have suffered for years and still don't realise that they have a decade of humiliation to come. 

• Like 2

As others have said, let's just go out there breathing fire and absolutely pummel them.

In saying that, if Hird shows up, I think we owe it to ourselves and the supporters of the other 16 clubs to let him know about it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

i live in absolute fear of losing this game.

I thought I was the only one DA. Maybe it's the paranoia brought on by seasons of disappointment but I quickly read on past posts that declare we'll smash, crush, slaughter the opposition. Invariably it becomes egg on face time. I just want the four points from a team that doesn't get ahead of itself.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Oh FFS, let's be realistic here... There will be about 40,000 Essendon fans and 10,000 Melbourne fans. This kind of tough talk of "let's do this, let's do that" is just kinda silly.

How about we just focus on the game and leave all the distractions to the opposition.

Free entry to mfc members for this game so wouldn't be surprised if we have 30,000+ of our own fans there.  (28,000 last Saturday)

Doubt they will get any where near 40,000 but if they do we will give them a run for their money on and off the field!! 

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Free entry to mfc members for this game so wouldn't be surprised if we have 30,000+ of our own fans there.  (28,000 last Saturday)

Doubt they will get any where near 40,000 but if they do we will give them a run for their money on and off the field!! 

28k combined for a home game in round 1. Not sure how logic tells you there will be 30k+ of just MFC supporters for an away game against a team of scabs.

15 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

capped by sporadic singing of the song during the last should be good enough for me... 

Nothing I hate more than this, makes me sick when our cheer squad starts singing the song before the end of the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

28k combined for a home game in round 1. Not sure how logic tells you there will be 30k+ of just MFC supporters for an away game against a team of scabs.

Not wishing to make an issue of it but my logic is:

-Nearly all the 28,505 on Saturday were Dee supporters.

-Our 35,000 members get free entry as compo for NT game.

-Some non-members could also be expected to be there.

So my 30,000+ is just as (if not more) realistic as the 40,000 for efc you have 'predicted'.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Although I don't see a crowd of 70,000 for the game (would love to be wrong), a figure of 60, 000 wouldn't bw off the mark. We are coming off a win, the game is at the G and most are predicting a win for us, and it is the middle of school holidays. By the start of the game we will be well on our way to 40, 000 members ourselves. Do you really have that little faith in Demons supporters/members to think only 10 000 will show up?

• Like 1

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not wishing to make an issue of it but my logic is:

-Nearly all the 28,505 on Saturday were Dee supporters.

-Our 35,000 members get free entry as compo for NT game.

-Some non-members could also be expected to be there.

So my 30,000+ is just as (if not more) realistic as the 40,000 for efc you have 'predicted'.

Were you at the game LH? Think there were more GWS fans there than you're giving credit for.

Yes I know about the home game replacement, but not everyone is a member.

You're saying there's going to be a couple of thousand more just of MFC supporters than the TOTAL crowd for a round 1 home game against better opposition.

Honestly, do you actually know any Bombers supporters? Do you know what they're like? They will show up big time for this game, so yeah there will be 40k of them.

27 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Dee-luded has had acid on his cornflakes...again.

I had them late last night, or very early this morning,  so they were sitting in there for a time.

I thought you were going to say acid in my tongue FD. 

butt the polite-ical correct Northerners can do something without drawing attention to one another,  'fart'  quietly in a general direction of the 'Bummers' when coming out !!!    That should sneak past any polite-ical police over there.

the stench will be tolerated, quietly of course.

:ph34r:

Edited by dee-luded

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Were you at the game LH? Think there were more GWS fans there than you're giving credit for.

Yes I know about the home game replacement, but not everyone is a member.

You're saying there's going to be a couple of thousand more just of MFC supporters than the TOTAL crowd for a round 1 home game against better opposition.

Honestly, do you actually know any Bombers supporters? Do you know what they're like? They will show up big time for this game, so yeah there will be 40k of them.

I don't think anyone expects as to have more there than Essendon on Saturday but I don't see why we couldn't get good numbers to the game.

Three reasons:

It's at the G.

We're on a roll and we'll be going into the game as obvious favourites after a solid round 1 win.

It's not Easter weekend.

• Like 2