MATCH PREVIEW & TEAM SELECTION - ROUND 1, 2016

Demonland

Picking the fitest side for round one is a no brainer. Why risk aggravating injuries and NQR players at this early stage? Its going to be a long and punishing season. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, McQueen said:

How can Gus play VFL and do very well but still be left out?

Maybe pulled up a little sore?

On exposed form though, which inside mid would you pick him in front of? Jones? Vince? Viney? vandenBerg? Oliver? Tyson?

He had 17 possessions for Casey last week - nothing amazing. He also played a total of 15 seconds in the NAB challenge. I assume they're either managing him, or waiting for him to earn his spot. Not a bad thing.

Edited by Scythe

1 minute ago, barneymfc said:

was going to renew full redlegs membership tonight but the the team selection shocked me ,if they dont pick dunn they have lost me ,the club treats us paying supporters like crap if players are injured or what ever we should know .JAM it where the sun dont shine

Gee whiz pal you're really tempting me to derail this thread which I never thought I'd do.. You're talking absolute garbage

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, barneymfc said:

was going to renew full redlegs membership tonight but the the team selection shocked me ,if they dont pick dunn they have lost me ,the club treats us paying supporters like crap if players are injured or what ever we should know .JAM it where the sun dont shine

settle down Lynden...

• Like 6

Just now, Moneider96 said:

Omg, no Brayshaw as well. So we got Matt Jones starting 18, Sam Frost CHF, Omac CHB, no Brayshaw. Not feeling good about this.

Take a deep breath.

2 minutes ago, Scythe said:

On exposed form though, which inside mid would you pick him in front of? Jones? Vince? Viney? vandenBerg? Oliver? Tyson?

He had 17 possessions for Casey last week, assume they're either managing him, or waiting for him to earn his spot. Not a bad thing.

a little sore ,you must be joking play our best players now, or put their teddy bear jarmies on and we can all go home for the rest of the year.I AM so [censored] off with that team selected

Once again we start a season with a swag of injured players. Brayshaw, lumumba, Petracca, Trengove, Newton, Dawes, Dunn, Spencer etc. that is the way it has been for years. Disappointing we can never start the season with our best team available.

Anyway, I hope we can get over GWS. Everyone seems to be picking them as the real improves.

• Like 1

Just now, Redleg said:

Once again we start a season with a swag of injured players. Brayshaw, lumumba, Petracca, Trengove, Newton, Dawes, Dunn, Spencer etc. that is the way it has been for years. Disappointing we can never start the season with our best team available.

Anyway, I hope we can get over GWS. Everyone seems to be picking them as the real improves.

I know what you're saying, but the above guys are all at least playing for Casey, and Petracca is another week away.  Not all doom and gloom.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, watchtheeyes said:

Gee whiz pal you're really tempting me to derail this thread which I never thought I'd do.. You're talking absolute garbage

[censored] you how old you 10yrs

From all reports this preseason we have had improvement across the board and I put that down to a good, competent coaching squad. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to selection of the team. Looks as if they want to ensure that we give every one the message that you have to be fit to run out the game without any doubts.

i will support that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, barneymfc said:

Your not even a member yet, but your banging on about loyalty!?!??! 

• Like 17

Just now, Dees2014 said:

DL has gone more mental than usual, and that is saying something - and it is not even round one yet. Chill pills all round me thinks, or is that left for bomber blitz!

This is what happens when Dunn isn't selected.

its like Freo having a fit Fyfe and leaving him out of the season opener. Bloody joke to leave a champ like Dunn out

• Like 3

I like bold calls. But they do make me nervous.

Oscar v Dunn: I can approve. I like the focus on zone defending and the role Oscar can have it that. And the need for regeneration in our backline. I do wonder how close Garland was to missing out as well though.

No Lumumba: Matt Jones and Harmes instead to provide wing cover. Bugg plays back. I can understand it.

Pedersen: Need the big body against Mumford. I get it. And the marking forward is a positive.

Brayshaw out I understand. Oliver, Harmes and Vanders have the match fitness advantage.

Frost in I get as well, although he needs to step up. If there was one change I'd make it would probably be putting Vanders forward and chucking Stretch in on a wing to give us the extra run. 

• Like 1