Dustin Martin - total [censored]

McQueen

Just now, daisycutter said:

faulty, it is my hope that afl/richmond will not wait for the police/court decision and they will act within days. remember martin has admitted guilt

if they wait what might be 6-12 months then i'm afraid you might be right

"Its in the hands of the Police, and as such we cannot comment further. Our Leadership group has met with Dustin, and explained to him in no uncertain terms, that any future repeat of this behavior will not be tolerated. Dustin has agreed to make a financial contribution to (insert womens foundation), and we see no need to preempt the Police investigation. We hope all RFC supporters will turn out in force for rd1, and support our team"

Im tipping something like that.

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

I haven't made any excuses for Dustin, Stuie. That is just wrong....

You are. Any time you start saying things like:

"The idiot didn't kill this woman or injure her physically."

"he was full of disco biscuits and sake it is lucky."

"dustin will have no memory of it at all, so he is a very lucky fcukwit"

You are making excuses and diluting the actual issue.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

You are. Any time you start saying things like:

"The idiot didn't kill this woman or injure her physically."

"he was full of disco biscuits and sake it is lucky."

"dustin will have no memory of it at all, so he is a very lucky fcukwit"

You are making excuses and diluting the actual issue.

It is not an excuse. It is actually what happened. Nothing has been diluted. He is in a lot of shite. 

I am guessing you have never taken a disco biscuit or two in your travels Stuie

he will have no memory of the event. I said that because it actually makes his actions worse..

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

It is not an excuse. It is actually what happened. Nothing has been diluted. He is in a lot of shite. 

I am guessing you have never taken a disco biscuit or two in your travels Stuie

he will have no memory of the event. I said that because it actually makes his actions worse..

To focus on what didn't happen is to make excuses, how do you not get that?

Oh well, at least he didn't actually kill her, no harm no foul hey? Rubbish.

12 hours ago, daisycutter said:

faulty, it is my hope that afl/richmond will not wait for the police/court decision and they will act within days. remember martin has admitted guilt

if they wait what might be 6-12 months then i'm afraid you might be right

• Like 1

Stu, I think you'll find there's not one person that's posted in this thread that is not sharing the same or similar sentiments.

Time to ease up a little if I may recommend.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

More excuses and "but"s.

And I see you "liked" that guys post about the only thing that matters is Dustin missing a game against us.

You are part of the problem whether you realize it or not.

You keep forgetting that you are unnacountable just like Dusty.

Oh dear. I tried. 

Read my first post on the matter....

oh and btw answer the question i posed...

i know actual female feminists that would laugh at your stance on this. The irony is if the actual victim were a male, you wouldn't give the slightest toss about his rights - which means you are not into equality at all.

8 minutes ago, faultydet said:

"Its in the hands of the Police, and as such we cannot comment further. Our Leadership group has met with Dustin, and explained to him in no uncertain terms, that any future repeat of this behavior will not be tolerated. Dustin has agreed to make a financial contribution to (insert womens foundation), and we see no need to preempt the Police investigation. We hope all RFC supporters will turn out in force for rd1, and support our team"

Im tipping something like that.

well i know that was a cynical response and in other situations i might say the same about hq and club self-interest

i really hope that scenario is wrong. the afl and richmond would take a battering from the public and the media if they pulled that kind of stunt

lets exchange posts, say mid next week when we can see which way the wind is blowing

Just now, Nasher said:

I wonder if I sent a death threat to the Prime Minister, whether the police would go "hah! It's okay, he didn't *actually* kill the Prime Minister..."

Oh come on Nash. Pointless going to extremes, and thats an extreme, and you know it.

Of Course a death threat to the PM would be treated differently. Do you seriously expect anything less?

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I wonder if I sent a death threat to the Prime Minister, whether the police would go "hah! It's okay, he didn't *actually* kill the Prime Minister..."?

Surprisingly I think you'd be safe, we arrest people on "planning to commit an act of terrorism" than realease them on bail.

1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

well i know that was a cynical response and in other situations i might say the same about hq and club self-interest

i really hope that scenario is wrong. the afl and richmond would take a battering from the public and the media if they pulled that kind of stunt

lets exchange posts, say mid next week when we can see which way the wind is blowing

I hope that scenario is wrong also. Who wouldn't?

Im just expecting something closer to that, than execution by hanging.

1 minute ago, Curry & Beer said:

i know actual female feminists that would laugh at your stance on this. The irony is if the actual victim were a male, you wouldn't give the slightest toss about his rights - which means you are not into equality at all.

4 times as many woman are victims of family violence than men.

78 have been murdered in those circumstances in our country so far this year.

Does that sound equal to you?

And yeah, I'm sure you and your skimpy girl avatar are really in tune with what "female feminists" think.

4 times as many woman are victims of family violence than men.

78 have been murdered in those circumstances in our country so far this year.

Does that sound equal to you?

And yeah, I'm sure you and your skimpy girl avatar are really in tune with what "female feminists" think.

I don't claim to be on your level, Oprah

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I wonder if I sent a death threat to the Prime Minister, whether the police would go "hah! It's okay, he didn't *actually* kill the Prime Minister..."?

of course not

i expect they would charge you with what you actually did. just like martin

was there a point somewhere in your post, because it went over my head

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Oh dear. I tried. 

Read my first post on the matter....

oh and btw answer the question i posed...

Stuie sees/reads only what he wants to. 

When pulled up over his contradictions/mistakes he goes missing and starts attacking/labelling someone else.

What he fails to under starts is people(not men) like him have stuffed this country.

27 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Oh come on Nash. Pointless going to extremes, and thats an extreme, and you know it.

Of Course a death threat to the PM would be treated differently. Do you seriously expect anything less?

It's an extreme point, but the point is, when you're in the position of the victim and someone with power over you threatens you, you've got no way of knowing if they're serious or not and the feeling of intimidation doesn't change.

I grew up in a pretty rough area.  I lived really close to school, so sometimes I used to walk home on my own.  One day when I was about 9 or 10, an older kid started walking behind me.  I started speeding up a bit, he started speeding up a bit.  He followed me for two or three minutes, swinging a can on a chain, before he caught up to me.  He asked me if I'd ever been bashed before, I said no.  He said this was going to be my first time.  I just stood there, shaking my head, teeth chattering.  I begged him not to and started backing away slowly, but I was too terrified to run.  He started edging toward me and I thought I was gone.  I pissed myself on the spot.  

He then laughed, and went "I'm just joking, kid" and walked off.

I ran home as fast as I could.  I didn't think his joke was funny.  I had never been so afraid in my life.  Did I go "hey, it's fine, he didn't actually bash me?" Did my parents take that view?  Fuck no.  I was terrified of walking on my own anywhere for months afterwards.  Months.  Would I have been that much worse off if he'd *actually* bashed me?  Maybe, but in my mind not much.  The psychological damage was hard enough to recover from.  Furthermore, I felt like a real dickhead for pissing myself, and for being scared of some guy who actually didn't really have any intention of hurting me, but how the hell was I supposed to know that at the time? He sure looked like he meant it.

Threats of violence aren't akin to actually inflicting violence, but psychologically they can have a similar effect.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

What he fails to under starts is people(not men) like him have stuffed this country.

Yeah sorry for trying to ruin your racist, sexist, violent country. Must be hard for you now that women are allowed to vote hey?

54 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

Let's just charge him with murder then if it's all the same. Why not mass-murder, because threatening to kill somebody is the same as actually murdering a lot of people, all in the same parcel.

Whilst it's a given he did not commit murder, you are definitely diminishing the seriousness of what Martin did by posting hyperbolic rubbish curry

• Like 4

Yeah sorry for trying to ruin your racist, sexist, violent country. Must be hard for you now that women are allowed to vote hey?

LoL you're just going to arbitrarily work race into it now are you.. wouldn't that be the cherry on top for you if the story developed that the victim was a non-white person, you could start your own forum with the material!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

It's an extreme point, but the point is, when you're in the position of the victim and someone with power over you threatens you, you've got no way of knowing if they're serious or not and the feeling of intimidation doesn't change.

I grew up in a pretty rough area.  I lived really close to school, so sometimes I used to walk home on my own.  One day when I was about 9 or 10, an older kid started walking behind me.  I started speeding up a bit, he started speeding up a bit.  He followed me for two or three minutes, swinging a can on a chain, before he caught up to me.  He asked me if I'd ever been bashed before, I said no.  He said this was going to be my first time.  I just stood there, shaking my head, teeth chattering.  I begged him not to and started backing away slowly, but I was too terrified to run.  He started edging toward me and I thought I was gone.  I [censored] myself on the spot.  

He then laughed, and went "I'm just joking, kid" and walked off.

I ran home as fast as I could.  I didn't think his joke was funny.  I had never been so afraid in my life.  Did I go "hey, it's fine, he didn't actually bash me?" Did my parents take that view?  [censored] no.  I was terrified of walking on my own anywhere for months afterwards.  Months.  Would I have been that much worse off if he's *actually* bashed me?  Maybe, but in my mind not much.  The psychological damage was hard enough to recover from.  Furthermore, I felt like a real [censored] for pissing myself, and for being scared of some guy who actually didn't really have any intention of hurting me, but how the hell was I supposed to know that at the time? He sure looked like he meant it.

Threats of violence aren't akin to actually inflicting violence, but psychologically they have a similar effect.  

Agree alleged violence can be just as bad without the physical damage. 

As i said before, a chopstick aimed near the eye would be rather terrifying. Particularly when his system is full of stimulants. 

He deserves hard judgement and it is only luck that what happened wasn't worse...

• Like 1