The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

As with most of demonland threads over 5 pages - lots of circular arguments going on.

Based on Trengoves first couple of seasons there is little doubt that he is best 22.

The doubt comes in as to whether his foot will allow him to be the very good player he was becoming in his first two seasons.

• Like 3

Nut the reality is simple. He WAS best 22

He's not now. He may well ( should all planets align etc ) once again attain that  but he isnt now nor would he be at any time until  he is able to start resuming full training. Even then he'd need form

He's lucky to be on the list at all  let alone anyone thinking hes top 22

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, nutbean said:

As with most of demonland threads over 5 pages - lots of circular arguments going on.

Based on Trengoves first couple of seasons there is little doubt that he is best 22.

The doubt comes in as to whether his foot will allow him to be the very good player he was becoming in his first two seasons.

I think that's the point 'nut', and yes we are talking around and around.

I fit & healthy  Trenners is best 22, lets hope he can get there.

22 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Nut the reality is simple. He WAS best 22

He's not now. He may well ( should all planets align etc ) once again attain that  but the isnt now nor would he be at any time he is able to start resuming full training.

He's lucky to be on the list at all  let alone anyone thinking hes top 22

His original form was 5-6 years ago..That is a long time ago in terms of elite sport. 

He kept running, twisting and turning on a load bearing foot injury for 2 years..(Astounding..but it happened) and people on here believe he can still be the same player when or if he returns...

it's a nice thought, but.....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

His original form was 5-6 years ago..That is a long time ago in terms of elite sport. 

He kept running, twisting and turning on a load bearing foot injury for 2 years..(Astounding..but it happened) and people on here believe he can still be the same player when or if he returns...

If the injury is fixed and he gets his foot back to 100%, what reason is there that he can't be? Sure, he'll need to build up his form and it won't be an immediate resurrection, but he can absolutely get back to his best if his foot heals up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjay said:

'bb' crosses out 22 and replaces with 30

Ok, I'm pushing it with top 10 for now but I think you are underselling Trengove with the top 30 call.

If he can stand up he is well and truly top 22, the club haven't improved that much...

As for moot points, this site is full of what was, what should be, what could be.

I think beez has been burnt too many times to be opto',,,  so he'd rather play 'cautious cat'  for now?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

I have said this also, many times. Fingers crossed 

Just imagine if we get Petracca Trengove Brayshaw Jones Vince Tyson Vanders Viney all to click at once!! Throw in Oliver & Stretch! Pow!

Edited by Coup Cooper
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Coup Cooper said:

Just imagine if we get Petracca Trengove Brayshaw Jones Vince Tyson Vanders Viney all to click at once!! Throw in Oliver & Stretch! Pow!

Imagine there's no injuries
It isn't hard to do
No players out of form
And no suspensions too
Imagine all the midfield
In the twenty-two

Imagine no bad losses
I wonder if you can
No need for gnashing or wailing
Or meltdowns on SEN
Imagine if the Demons
Scraped into the eight

Yoo-hoo, woo-woo-woo
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And D'land will be as one

• Like 13

2 hours ago, rjay said:

I think that's the point 'nut', and yes we are talking around and around.

I fit & healthy  Trenners is best 22, lets hope he can get there.

Probably best 10 if he is that way. I think many here forget just how sleek he was as a youngster- good overhead, finds space, tackles hard, wins the hard ball, picks the right option.. etc

We remember him as not being to run out of sight on a dark night, but forget the 1% stuff he did while not having spring or speed. He is a very talented lad that just needs his body to let him show it.

I wish him all the best for many reasons, but most of all:

(1) He was the captain of our club. No matter what you think of him or what has happened he deserves respect for that

(2) He is a nice bloke. He didn't ask for this or any of the other [censored] that came with it. For nothing else cut him a break for that

(3) If he can make it back we have a freebie gun. A ready made mature that can beat 9 out of 10 opponents players to go on top of the kids we have

Fingers crossed here.

Edited by Uncle Fester
BBQ shape crumbs in the keyboard

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hasn't stopped Robbie Gray Matthew Richardson and James Hird from continuing on to have great careers or even better form after career threatening foot injuries. Our very own Viv Michie missed nearly 2 years of footy because of a stress fracture in the same foot and the reports were that he may not make it back. He is now fit and healthy and has proved to be a really good depth player.

So yes people do have the right to believe it because its happened plenty of times in the past. Your negative ego is seriously getting the better of you. Its quite sad your putting all your energy into hoping Trengove doesn't make it back at all which i personally think is disgraceful.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Good Times Grimes said:

If the injury is fixed and he gets his foot back to 100%, what reason is there that he can't be? Sure, he'll need to build up his form and it won't be an immediate resurrection, but he can absolutely get back to his best if his foot heals up.

And i am doubting the foot will heal up sufficiently enough to play Senior AFL again, a lot of that is because he kept pounding it & pounding it when it was injured. 

Maybe Jack should be the first human to 3D Print a new foot...

I don't think anyone is wishing JT any ill at all.

Some see a ball and call it a ball. Others see a cube and suggest if it was round all over it would be a ball. 

Nearly every one suggesting JT is top 22 prefaces it with "IF" 

Takeaway any number of these ifs and maybes and you have reality. 

He's done exceptionally well to get back this fat but its still far removed from where he needs to be.

His footy ability and nouse suggest if he can get through a real Training session he's on about 30. He will have no form and no match fitness. How anyone places him higher can only be speculative dreaming. 

That's fine....but call it that. 

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Hasn't stopped Robbie Gray Matthew Richardson and James Hird from continuing on to have great careers or even better form after career threatening foot injuries. Our very own Viv Michie missed nearly 2 years of footy because of a stress fracture in the same foot and the reports were that he may not make it back. He is now fit and healthy and has proved to be a really good depth player.

So yes people do have the right to believe it because its happened plenty of times in the past. Your negative ego is seriously getting the better of you. Its quite sad your putting all your energy into hoping Trengove doesn't make it back at all which i personally think is disgraceful.

Oh no i have disgraced myself in the eyes of Dazzle

Whatever shall i do???

and how many of the above mentioned players that you have written played with a busted foot for 2 years?

You must think the MFC is disgraceful to Dazzle. 

It was them who shipped a clapped out Trengove to Richmond but it failed. So he was returned to sender....Fact. 

This thread is quickly losing its purpose.

Edited by McQueen

Well lets close it for now til he's made some more progress. I'm fine with that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Oh no i have disgraced myself in the eyes of Dazzle

Whatever shall i do???

and how many of the above mentioned players that you have written played with a busted foot for 2 years?

You must think the MFC is disgraceful to Dazzle. 

It was them who shipped a clapped out Trengove to Richmond but it failed. So he was returned to sender....Fact. 

So give us the actual fact and evidence that Trengove played on a bad foot for 2 years? Because that exactly what you are saying on some fact and medical reports you have right...?

19 hours ago, Uncle Fester said:

Probably best 10 if he is that way. I think many here forget just how sleek he was as a youngster- good overhead, finds space, tackles hard, wins the hard ball, picks the right option.. etc

We remember him as not being to run out of sight on a dark night, but forget the 1% stuff he did while not having spring or speed. He is a very talented lad that just needs his body to let him show it.

I wish him all the best for many reasons, but most of all:

(1) He was the captain of our club. No matter what you think of him or what has happened he deserves respect for that

(2) He is a nice bloke. He didn't ask for this or any of the other [censored] that came with it. For nothing else cut him a break for that

(3) If he can make it back we have a freebie gun. A ready made mature that can beat 9 out of 10 opponents players to go on top of the kids we have

Fingers crossed here.

"We remember him as not being to run out of sight on a dark night but forget the 1% stuff he did while not having spring or speed"

But that is his recent form, he did look slow, and he did look sluggish. His defensive game might've been sound, but Trengove didn't look up to pace. What is more, I don't think he looked up to scratch either (physically), I thought he looked unfit at times under Neeld.

His 2010-2011 form is roughly what he is capable of, but even that is a very long time ago now. Any talk of potential is just that (talk). IMO, Trengove will need to find his very best form (even better form than 2010-11) to break into the midfield in 2017. Perhaps he could play a back flank, or elsewhere, but even then, he will still need to be in career best form. This year is just about getting back on the park. That would be a massive step.

I think Trengove is an interesting case, because we know he does have a lot of potential, and has been injured, but also, his recent form is lackluster and uninspiring IMO. It makes it hard to preempt his realistic capabilities.

Edited by KingDingAling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nutbean said:
1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

sort of like circle work for forum junkies

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

this may be the fairest for JT,,,   so he can relax back away from any spotlight,   to remove any possible extra stress from his massive job ahead of him.

Im not so sure that WYL veil is of negativity or he simply refuses to pander to the groupthink of someone will wave a magic wand and JT will be a star again. As far as it goes Im  in the same camp. Good luck to the bloke but I have my reservations. Theyre based on reality.

Anyone who nay-says apparently a negative nancy. Hilarious really

12 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Im not so sure that WYL veil is of negativity or he simply refuses to pander to the groupthink of someone will wave a magic wand and JT will be a star again. As far as it goes Im  in the same camp. Good luck to the bloke but I have my reservations. Theyre based on reality.

Anyone who nay-says apparently a negative nancy. Hilarious really

I think you perceiving everyone thinking JT will be a star again,  is so far from reality, its imaginary.  JT will be hard pressed to get going again...  but if anyone can, he can.

2 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

I think you perceiving everyone thinking JT will be a star again,  is so far from reality, its imaginary.  JT will be hard pressed to get going again...  but if anyone can, he can.

DL ...more than a few her happy to give him the golden best 22 ticket straight out of the box. Its ridiculous.

I actually hope he makes it..I hope we get 5 years top service out of him. He'd love it, we'd love it.

Im just realistic