Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 11

Demonland

Looks like Ro Bail and Mckenzie r gone if they can't get in ahead of Terlich

were not playing finals this year...I know...a shock to some ..:(

footy dept still want to look at some and give others a look see as well

Logic suggest Tyson a cert..Intrigue suggests ANB...raffle the last

Just a reminder of our injuries:

Salem, Kent, JKH, Frost, Dawes, vandenBerg, Garland. All of them besides Dawes and JKH have to be in our best 22.

That's after significant time without Tyson, Viney and Jetta. Throw in long term injuries to Trengove and 'Trac. Brutal season so far.

It's even worse when you consider how long the durations of each injury have been. Have we had anything under a month?

Salem will be 8 weeks.

Frost has been 6-8 weeks from returning for over a month.

Kent will be out for 10+ total?

Terlich Neal-Bullen Newton Stretch Grimes Spencer Michie

All named in the Dees squad for i/c options but also in starting 22 for Casey who play on Saturday so we will know early who will get a run on Sunday.

BB are you inferring a return of MFC "not tanking" behaviour? Not selecting the best team available I mean.

Terlich Neal-Bullen Newton Stretch Grimes Spencer Michie

All named in the Dees squad for i/c options but also in starting 22 for Casey who play on Saturday so we will know early who will get a run on Sunday.

Final teams announced at 5pm tomorrow.

Edited by Scythe

Wow a lot of negativity before a game. I will wait till we lose. I must admit I'm not confident but this is a very important game for both clubs. It would be good to get bragging rights over the Saints. I'd love to see us win this game and finish above the Saints. I really want to see us beat up Essendon and then see Hird get the sack! If we finish above the Saints, Essendon and obviously Carlton that isn't a bad result. We've been the worst team out of Victoria for far too long.

I think Stretch is ready to have a go again, I watched the second qtr of last weeks Casaey game and he was excellent, very classy.

Go Dees

• Like 1

Roos suggested the Business wouldn't be getting a look-in if not for all the injuries and should spend more time at Casey to build his fitness and form after coming back from injury.

Riley, Grimes and Michie or Stretch to raffle the sub for mine.

Grimes 5th again on extended bench, despite all our injuries. Not part of midfield rotations. Possibly all over.

They are listed in number order.

• Like 1

I don't think Newton and M.Jones were that bad to be banished from the 25, honestly. Seems Roos is just into experimenting and rotating guys this year

Most of the ins/outs would be just that (experimenting) apart from injury issues I would think JRS. Its not like they are stellar performers busting their way back in or huge losses if ommitted (eg, Newton/Jones).

Its only fair that fringe players be given a decent shot at a career in AFL before the potential axe is swung at season's end. We arent playing finals either so Roos can mix it up for the remainder of the season while no doubt also trying to avoid a major blow out resulting in even less confidence amongst the keepers.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 2

Apologies BB..literally just saw that post in a reply. Didnt mean to steal your post lol

Edited by Rusty Nails

Hickey is out so i wouldn't think we'd play two ruckmen.

Perhaps we are being proactive for a change instead of reactive - playing one more tall than them, and stretching them, rather than waiting to see what they do and follow.

Just saying.

• Like 2

i expect us to win easily, if we lose thats it for me till 2017, no more lame excuses Roos, don't care about Edihad Injuries or mentally scarred players.

Win or i'm buying a boat.

Should have bought one four years ago in that case. Haven't won at Etihad the last 20 games.

Edited by grazman
  • Like 1