Adam Goodes

picket fence

sometimes simplistic drivel is preferable to sophisticated drivel :blink:

Give me a break. I at no stage have entered into name calling and personal attack. If you want to sit on the fence, then that's your choice.

This is an interesting thread/ discussion, and far more important than most on this site...

There are plenty of arrogant players who do thuggish things and stage for free kicks. Why is it that they don't get booed as much?

Many of them do

• Like 3

Give me a break. I at no stage have entered into name calling and personal attack. If you want to sit on the fence, then that's your choice.

Pretty sure calling my post simplistic drivel is a personal attack. But whatever, i will get over it and answer questions instead of using it to avoid them.

Edited by AzzKikA

Pretty sure calling my post simplistic drivel is a personal attack. But whatever, i will get over it and answer questions instead of using it to avoid them.

That's about what you said, not impugning what your character is.

wow, webber, what a polemic attack

you do realise that you have added zero content to the discussion but just launched a hyperbolic attack aimed purely at the person and not the subject

you are just adding to what ivor was doing, straying wide of the subject and applying a broad brush of bitterness to denigrate others

a great way to work towards consensus

for what it's worth, goodes's little war dance bothered me not at all. a non event as far as i'm concerned

but all the pious, self-righteous extrapolating and pontificating (by both "sides") in this thread is giving me a headache

it seems more like a pizzing contest than a discussion

wow, webber, what a polemic attack

you do realise that you have added zero content to the discussion but just launched a hyperbolic attack aimed purely at the person and not the subject

you are just adding to what ivor was doing, straying wide of the subject and applying a broad brush of bitterness to denigrate others

a great way to work towards consensus

for what it's worth, goodes's little war dance bothered me not at all. a non event as far as i'm concerned

but all the pious, self-righteous extrapolating and pontificating (by both "sides") in this thread is giving me a headache

it seems more like a pizzing contest than a discussion

So the condescension and sarcasm that you just practised is more valuable? If you look back, my post was specifically directed towards i'va. It was an opinion based on the discussion labelling no names. You can claim a heated polarity in the argument, and you may be right. To my logic, one side is misguided. Yours may tell you different. Live and let live, but bullying as an attack on the kind of logic i'va was presenting deserves to be called for what it is. In my opinion. And yes, I get that you don't care for it.

So the condescension and sarcasm that you just practised is more valuable? If you look back, my post was specifically directed towards i'va. It was an opinion based on the discussion labelling no names. You can claim a heated polarity in the argument, and you may be right. To my logic, one side is misguided. Yours may tell you different. Live and let live, but bullying as an attack on the kind of logic i'va was presenting deserves to be called for what it is. In my opinion. And yes, I get that you don't care for it.

Not going to win in here Webber. Perhaps best to move on. By the way are you a Q or the old charcoal fired kettle? I know, you must have heard it before.

• Like 1

Not going to win in here Webber. Perhaps best to move on. By the way are you a Q or the old charcoal fired kettle? I know, you must have heard it before.

Not for a while! Moving on is healthy I think, though I did give a thought to talking climate change or islamophobia. Can be fun to bait the bear.

steady ivor.....it wasn't aimed at anyone specifically :lol:

I think it was aimed at me and I haven't even entered the debate yet. ( nothing like a preemptive strike daisy ?)

• Like 4

win what ivor?

if it is the past crimes committed against the indigenous population and sad current state of progress. then i didn't detect much opposition

if it is a debate about inherent racism then this is more a debate about degrees rather than absolutism

if is a debate about solving indigenous inequality again i didn't detect much opposition about the desirability of it

what i did detect was a lot of blame, personal attacks, self loathing and inflammatory hyperbole

what i didn't see was much effort at consensus dialog or working together without laying guilt

and before you ask, these comments are not aimed at you personally

• Like 2

A final comment from me. And it comes from the late Sir James Darling, OBE & CMG, former headmaster of Geelong Grammar; that bastion of radicalism:

“We need in this generation, as we have had them in the past, men of conscience, driven, even against their wills, certainly against their own interest, to take a stand for principles. Men not afraid of facing unpleasant facts, not afraid of being different in their views from other people, men who cannot rest so long as opportunities remain to work for the really great human objectives–peace, justice, honesty and decency between men.”

Long thread, with post 2 in effect the OP; and then pages of posters many of whom exposed themselves, in proof of the effective OP.

We didn't be very nice to each other, either. Maybe we collectively are no worse to Aborigines than we are to anyone else? Justifying (sort of) those who argued they are not racist. Bit of a mess, when you read the whole thing.

The Richmond onballer has been issued with a $2000 suspended fine for his controversial handcuffs gesture during Sunday's elimination final loss to Carlton at the MCG

AFL football manager Mark Evans announced on Wednesday night the League had fined the midfielder, suspended for two years, meaning the player won't have to part with any money unless he re-offends.

Evans says the league is keen to stamp out controversial on-field gestures

"We haven't fined or sanctioned in the past for this, but it's got to the point where we're really saying to all players that we don't want these sorts of gestures."

"There will be a portion of our audience or crowd who are upset by it, and we just think it's best left somewhere else."

A final comment from me. And it comes from the late Sir James Darling, OBE & CMG, former headmaster of Geelong Grammar; that bastion of radicalism:

“We need in this generation, as we have had them in the past, men of conscience, driven, even against their wills, certainly against their own interest, to take a stand for principles. Men not afraid of facing unpleasant facts, not afraid of being different in their views from other people, men who cannot rest so long as opportunities remain to work for the really great human objectives–peace, justice, honesty and decency between men.”

you know what..that goes for a lot of things to a lot of causes. Id go further ...but you know...thats not pc.

What's pc Bub?

youre having me on

A very inclusive quote. About what you'd expect from that particular institution - only ignored about half the population.

• Like 3

Forget the name Andrew Bolt, the real article is from Anthony Dillon, a part Aboriginal.

Comes closer to identifying what may be at the heart of the matter, what's really bothering people - deliberately playing the victim game, rather than seeking empowerment.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/the_goodes_case_hurt_feelings_are_not_proof_of_a_crime/

• Like 1

A very inclusive quote. About what you'd expect from that particular institution - only ignored about half the population.

Can't believe I've 'liked' posts from you twice tonight Uncle Bitter. Need to drink more.....

• Like 1