The Good The bad and the very F Ugly

picket fence

Picket any backman is essentially Judged by his direct opponents output. Now if you played on a key Forward and restricted him to NO GOALS, 5 kicks, 4 handballs and a FF score of 29 you would be pretty happy wouldn't you! IF you haven't figured it out i'm talking about Fitzpatrick's game.

Ps He also scored a goal as wells giving one away.

Picket any backman is essentially Judged by his direct opponents output. Now if you played on a key Forward and restricted him to NO GOALS, 5 kicks, 4 handballs and a FF score of 29 you would be pretty happy wouldn't you! IF you haven't figured it out i'm talking about Fitzpatrick's game.

Lol do you seriously expect him to figure that out?

Interesting Comment Outside! I think in the old days this would be an axiom, but in todays footy you need to do more! Fitzy has been in the system what 6 years?? For not many games! I doubt he can play the modern style game in the position he played today!

Lol do you seriously expect him to figure that out?

What would you know Dazzle less!?? perhaps an overview of your playing and coaching career might give you some badly needed "Gravitas"

I'm happy to put my credentials up!!

Your turn all knowing, all seeing Sage!

Good:

Watts. Ran hard all day, did plenty of good things, kicked a goal, there at every stoppage.

Toumpas. Continued to present, goes when its his turn. 21 touches and 4 tackles is a good return from a young player.

Matt Jones. Willed himself everywhere and always made a contest despite Collingwood's chip chip chip game style.

Bad:

Hogan. Frost did to him what TMac usually does to players. I love his no-[censored] attitude, but he didn't lead hard enough and any kicks his way were picked off.

McDonald. Beaten comprehensively all day.

Dunn. What's the point when his kicking is poor? Play him at FB, or not at all.

The rest goes without saying, just wanted to get in on what other people were blind to. Especially Watts - I cannot believe that any rational football watcher thought he was 'indifferent!'.

EDIT: Appears that this is a bumped thread. Still miffed by the lack of praise coming Jack's way.

To be fair on Hogan, I don't think the ball was very well delivered to hm or into the forward 50. Pretty evident with the way Oxley was able to mark so many uncontested. It was just being bombed in and quite short.

• Like 1

What would you know Dazzle less!?? perhaps an overview of your playing and coaching career might give you some badly needed "Gravitas"

I'm happy to put my credentials up!!

Your turn all knowing, all seeing Sage!

Well smart a, for a bloke so quick on the keyboard, you are so slow on your response! How many games, B&F, Goals and Premierships have you played in and at what level???

Eh ?? Tell us all! And I''ll also be brutally honest!

Edited by picket fence

Interesting Comment Outside! I think in the old days this would be an axiom, but in todays footy you need to do more! Fitzy has been in the system what 6 years?? For not many games! I doubt he can play the modern style game in the position he played today!

At the end of the day you can only judge him on the result he delivers and todays effort was a plus from me. In the three games he has played in that position he has comprehensively beaten two of his opponents. Given that I myself would never have considered him to be a backman I have had to re-evaluate my opinion of what he is capable of. I think people have allowed preconceptions to cloud their view of the player.

At the end of the day you can only judge him on the result he delivers and todays effort was a plus from me. In the three games he has played in that position he has comprehensively beaten two of his opponents. Given that I myself would never have considered him to be a backman I have had to re-evaluate my opinion of what he is capable of. I think people have allowed preconceptions to cloud their view of the player.

Me too Of and how many back men could slot that goal.

Fitzpatrick was not the reason we lost today.

There were 10 in front of him for that honour.

That's it then, Dazzle Less has now ZERO credibility and as such I will no longer respond to anything this Cretin says!

Now, Back to business!

GOOD

At last an AFL standard midfield. Needs improvement but we matched some good players today

Gawn - super effort though exhausted in last quarter

Brayshaw - a midfielder who can kick, tackle, mark and gut run.

Watts, Toumpas, played good contributing games

We matched vital stats like contested possessions, tackles, uncontested possessions, forward 50's (at least for 3.5 quarters)

Goal kicking

BAD

SO many "lack of poise efforts" - Fitzy, Gawn, Dunn, Toumpas .... and many others

Watts' dropped mark (chest mark it for &%$#@s sake)

The no. of Collingwood contested marks inside our forward 50.

The no. of Collingwood contested marks inside their forward 50

Jesse was beaten well by Frost today.

Tommy Mac had a shocker

The last quarter

UGLY

Lamumba's crazy game: take-anyone-on, run in circles, handball to no-one when tackled, and kick the ball 10.1 metres to an outnumbered contest. ALL day.

Leaving Oxley to run amok

• Like 2

Interesting analysis Maldon boy! Agree with a lot! As I have said I also do not like the way Lumumba runs around in ever diminishing concentric circles!!

Well smart a, for a bloke so quick on the keyboard, you are so slow on your response! How many games, B&F, Goals and Premierships have you played in and at what level???

Eh ?? Tell us all! And I''ll also be brutally honest!

I am Demonlands all time greatest player.

Enough said, now move along fool

• Like 1

Good

Buckley - sheesh he can coach. The way he targeted tom McDonald and killed his confidence in the first quarter.

Our mids - include Tyson in there and it just looks dynamic.

Brayshaw - it's a three horse race for the rising star and I'd love to go 1-2.

Watts and Toump - yep they are getting better and better. Hoping to see more growth in the next 12 games.

Bad

Oxley's influence - whoever was meant to man him up needs a rocket

Our injuries - we needed Salem off the half back. We need Frost up forward. We need the run of Kent and JKH.

Silly mistakes - but at least we can compete. Imagine if we made less mistakes how much we would win by

Ugly

mND - what a terrible disease. What an absolute [censored] of a disease. A sick joke

• Like 4

Good

Watts angry, laying into Varcoe and had to be pulled off by 3 teammates, then kicking a goal.

Watts angry, laying into Varcoe and had to be pulled off by 3 teammates, then kicking a goal.

:rolleyes:

Bad

We lost

Injury to Vandenberg

Possible injury to Viney

Ugly

Too many goals gifted by key backs

Oxley

Letting them get a 6 goal head start

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

THE GOOD

JONES sensational today

VINCE sensational today

BRAYSHAW sensational today

GAWN sensational today

CROSS sensational today

THE BAD

Mc DONALDS worse game ever

HOGAN double teamed but needed more

LUMUMBA Tries to do too much

DUNN'S Deplorable kick out easy goal

THE F UGGLY

Several boys should have played their last games today

TOUMPAS ( ok I'll edit) finds going inside ...... confronting!

FITZ not up to it shocking tunnel ball error out bodied numerous times!

ROOS Again outcoached, never ever Paul leave a lose man unguarded in your for ward 50!

1 shocking tunnel ball error but gave White nothing...thought he won his position

• Like 1

Seriously tho, Fitzy beat white...

The guy is a spud. He had one good year at Sydney and the pies bought into it, the only team he has done well against this year is the Suns.

The guy behind me at the footy kept saying this and was adamant that the mark in the last quarter that White took from a quick clearance from the stoppage was the "death of fitzy"...

What else could he have done yesterday? He beat the opponent he was put on, irrelevant who it was, he was still able to man up and beat Jesse White. This is after I am sure he had all week being told he would be playing on Witts and Grundy when they rested forward. Whilst I think he may struggle to find a match up this week (EDIT: possibly Tom Hickey if he plays), it is not because he has not been playing his role of late and his move to the backline looks to have guaranteed him an extra year of contract, I think at least.

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

I'm not saying dump him off the list, but I don't know if he should play v saints.

I was not suggesting you were, I was more highlighting that the move into the backline could well have been something that saved his career...

That said, whilst I agree that White is no superstar, Fitzy did not have a choice who he came up on and he can only beat what is put in front of him. I have been impressed with Fitzy in terms of body positioning for the most part and his spoiling of the football. Had Gawn not attempted to mark the football and just spoiled it through on the goal line then Fitzy would not have had to worry about the tunnel ball issue.