The Incredible Hulk - Jesse Hogan

McQueen

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So he's kind of like a Schroedinger's Hogan?

\sigma_x \sigma_p \ge \frac{\hbar}{2}

\hat{H} | \psi_n(t) \rangle = i \hbar \frac{\partial}{\partial t} | \psi_n(t) \rangle

So if he stays or goes he is a cat?

• Like 7

As a supporter, I was lead to believe Jesse’s decision was around the club’s prosperity and win’s/losses.

However, in one little interview grab this seems to have changed “it’s not my thought process at all. It’s not really a money thing, it’s just (about) where I want to be”

Let’s hope that’s Melbourne but we need to be well prepared if it’s not.

I propose the club goes to Jesse at the end of this year and asks if he’s in or out. We don’t want another 12 months of it dragging on and the distraction.

Should he play the homesick card we get on the front foot and deal with Fremantle.

Request their first pick this year (top 3 you’d suspect) first pick 2018 and Lachie Neale.

Then pass on Freo’s 2017 pick to GWS for Jon Patton.

We get a ready-made replacement, a young gun midfielder and a round 1 pick the following year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PartyBoy said:

As a supporter, I was lead to believe Jesse’s decision was around the club’s prosperity and win’s/losses.

However, in one little interview grab this seems to have changed “it’s not my thought process at all. It’s not really a money thing, it’s just (about) where I want to be”

I propose the club goes to Jesse at the end of this year and asks if he’s in or out. We don’t want another 12 months of it dragging on and the distraction.

Should he play the homesick card we get on the front foot and deal with Fremantle.

Request their first pick this year (top 3 you’d suspect) first pick 2018 and Lachie Neale.

We get a ready-made replacement, a young gun midfielder and a round 1 pick the following year.

Not sure, by the grab you refer to how this seems to have changed. I would suggest that being where you want to be has a lot to do with the environment of the place you want to be in, which includes an environment of success, with a direct correlation to wins/losses

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Curry & Beer said:

language, please

Apologies. People started calling peoples "muppets" and I lost my cool.

I love the Muppets! they rock. muppets.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

Jesse is one of the more loyal guys you're likely to meet, i would be absolutely shocked if he is talking to Fremantle at all, i have no doubt they'd be chatting to his manager but meeting them in seasons with a year and a half to go on his contract is just crazy.

Of course he didnt go to talk to Freo. thats people trying to connect dots that dont exist. im sure he went home to visit family and friends in this day and age you dont have to fly to freo to discuss ontracts. still think hes gone but his visit got whipped up by the media

On 5/12/2016 at 11:42 AM, Third Man Up said:

Of course he didnt go to talk to Freo. thats people trying to connect dots that dont exist. im sure he went home to visit family and friends in this day and age you dont have to fly to freo to discuss ontracts. still think hes gone but his visit got whipped up by the media

Agreed! and i wouldn't be at all surprised if he signed before this season is out, simply because he's clearly hating the speculation. 

• Like 1

You know what's great?

We've got something everyone wants, it's very, very scarce - which means you're going to have to give up something equally remarkable to get it, and we are very, very happy to keep it. 

This is the 'downside' of great drafting.

Well played MFC. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, PartyBoy said:

I think Hogan would be a massive loss and I'm 100% behind keeping him at the club.

But ...

If he is determined to return to Perth then the way the Dockers year has unfolded has significantly improved our market position.  They will finish bottom 3, not top  4.

if it has to happen we need to make it happen THIS year while that pick is there and they are not trying to improve their position.  I think the market would be 2016 and 2017 1st rounder and possibly a player - Judd was 3, 20 and Kennedy (pick 4).  

OOC player value plummets - Freo will secure McCarthy for relative peanuts this year when they were offering 2 x 1st rounder last year when he was in contract.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

= rooted

strangely enough....some would  offer that as a possible 3rd answer :unsure:

3 hours ago, watchtheeyes said:

And I'm going to agree with someone who posted here earlier. Hogan is a competitive animal who wants nothing more than to kick a bag on Grand Final day on a winning team. He'll look around him and see Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Weideman, Harmes, Viney, Jones, Kent, Garlett and a whole host of others and see the opportunity.

I don't think he'll sign a 10 year deal, but a 4 - 5 year deal where he gives himself the opportunity to go home for the back end of his career is extremely likely. The most likely scenario in my opinion.

And for those who say his old man is crook and that trumps all... I've seen no verifiable report of that. I've also heard that his family want him to stay in Melbourne. So, really, people will believe what they want to believe.

You forgot Wattsy.....

47 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

You know what's great?

We've got something everyone wants, it's very, very scarce - which means you're going to have to give up something equally remarkable to get it, and we are very, very happy to keep it. 

Well played MFC. 

this is true, provided we do actually receive that 'remarkable' thing in return

I actually don't think 2 x picks in the top 5 would do it for me

although if it's Oliver + Petracca you can live with it, maybe

again I'll say though Hogan is a much rarer commodity than even the greatest midfielders

1 hour ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Not sure, by the grab you refer to how this seems to have changed. I would suggest that being where you want to be has a lot to do with the environment of the place you want to be in, which includes an environment of success, with a direct correlation to wins/losses

The issue is that it is ambiguous. Does he mean where he wants to be geographically, or in terms of an environment of success as you mentioned above? I'm leaning toward the latter because it would be a bold statement to make in terms of the former, which would indicate he's really thinking about heading back west. 

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

You know what's great?

Well played MFC. 

Yes, but... I'd rather keep this thing that everyone wants, which is our first superstar in a very long time.

Plz don't leave, Jesse.

11 hours ago, AdamFarr said:

I think he's simply visiting his sick father. It really can be that simple. And I reckon it is.

Where has it been reported that his father is sick?  It seems to be talked about but I can't find where it's originated.

the media circus around Jesse is amazing, his next contract is going to be huge dollars and he'll deserve every cent for having put up with this rubbish.

He just went home to visit family, all players get time to do this if they have family elsewhere. He wouldn't have been talking to anyone football related at all.

I hadn't read anything about his father being sick until the last few days. Where did this news come from?

if that's true, then he's gone and is Scott Thompson Mach 2. Here's hoping it's not true and he's still enjoying life in Melbourne.

1 minute ago, stevethemanjordan said:

If all of the pointless threads, from all of the football forums, formed their own forum - OF POINTLESS THREADS - In that forum, this would be the most pointless thread.

It would work better on Yahoo Answers.

"Q. OMG my fave player is LEAVING do you think he will leave or not???"

"A. If he tries to leave tap him on the nose and say NO. If he tries again tap him again. Eventually he'll get the message. Don't forget to reward him with a long term contract when he gets it right."