Changes for Round 4

Wiseblood

So true!

He and Garlett have really killed momentum two weeks in a row, with their yips in front of goal...

what and Ro Bail would kick goals would he? The bloke shanks every shot on goal he has ever had at AFL level. He has had years to prove his worth and continually fails. Great VFL player

• Like 1

Frost definatly out. Kent & Vince in doubt with potential suspension.

Michie, Pedersen & Toumpas would have to be the three in line as replacements.

Pedersen in for Frost if we're going like for like, but if we're after more run then Michie's form deserves a call up. Availability of Kent & Vince to determine you'd suspect.

Every team gets injuries.

Frost is probably the most replaceable of anyone in the 22. He's athletic, hard at it and versatile. But he is hopeless as a forward (can't kick) and is not needed in defence at the moment. Pedersen has less upside but will be a more than useful replacement.

Yep I agree with this. Pedersen has just about hit his ceiling I'd hazard a guess to say, and Frost has oodles of upside. But right now I'd suggest that Pedersen could offer more on the field.

You lose out on defensive pressure, but you gain in marking, goal kicking and dare I say it.. rucking.

Edited by watchtheeyes

I'd like to see Toumpas kept in the VFL until his form and confidence are at a level that is impossible to ignore.

I like that. You'd argue that Michie is very close to that point.

Why aren't we talking about Michie replacing Kent or JKH? I like the latter two, but they don't get a lot of it or provide a viable inside option just yet. I remember Michie was fairly creative in several games last year too, with a decent kick.

I'd really like to see him play this week.

Yes.

Sent the player off bleeding as a result of a crude tackle.

So he'll be suspended for what? A crude tackle? Wasn't striking. Wasn't a high bump. The guy ducked and weaved. Kent collected him high.

Even our own fans think whenever a Melbourne player does something it should be a suspension.

It must shock the MRP seeing a Melbourne player having a bit of physical aggression and tempt them in to a report. Come on.

• Like 2

I like that. You'd argue that Michie is very close to that point.

Why aren't we talking about Michie replacing Kent or JKH? I like the latter two, but they don't get a lot of it or provide a viable inside option just yet. I remember Michie was fairly creative in several games last year too, with a decent kick.

I'd really like to see him play this week.

Because we need speed, run and creativity forward of the ball and that's what they provide. JKH also has clean hands out of traffic and Kent bursts his way through. Neither finish their work every time yet but they're hardly alone in red and blue in that role.

Michie was solid in the last few rounds last year tagging or from half back. He deserves consideration for that. But I didn't see anything in preseason to suggest his game is more suited to half forward than 2 young half forwards who might not be perfect but are playing their role as it should be played.

Brayshaw and vandenBerg can take a spot of Kent/JKH as a predominant half forward. But to leave out either of Kent/JKH for Michie would be weakening the side.

• Like 1

Because we need speed, run and creativity forward of the ball and that's what they provide. JKH also has clean hands out of traffic and Kent bursts his way through. Neither finish their work every time yet but they're hardly alone in red and blue in that role.

Michie was solid in the last few rounds last year tagging or from half back. He deserves consideration for that. But I didn't see anything in preseason to suggest his game is more suited to half forward than 2 young half forwards who might not be perfect but are playing their role as it should be played.

Brayshaw and vandenBerg can take a spot of Kent/JKH as a predominant half forward. But to leave out either of Kent/JKH for Michie would be weakening the side.

I understand what you're saying, I'm a big fan of JKH and think his creativity is underrated but I think we can sacrifice one of those boys (JKH/Kent) for a better presence around the ball - which is a our greatest weakness.

So he'll be suspended for what? A crude tackle? Wasn't striking. Wasn't a high bump. The guy ducked and weaved. Kent collected him high.

Even our own fans think whenever a Melbourne player does something it should be a suspension.

It must shock the MRP seeing a Melbourne player having a bit of physical aggression and tempt them in to a report. Come on.

It was a swinging arm with a closed fist that collects him.

It was not a tackle attempt, it was stupid.

The stubbornness of Roos is continuing to hinder the side, only making minimum changes to the side when the predictable match conditions required several changes, all the tall's had minimum impact including Hoges even thou he showed he will be a excellent player.With Viney out we needed another 2 players of the likes of Mckenzie & Riley. We had 2 to many tall's luckily for us it was 1 of our tall's subbed of early. We had plenty of effort but the Adelaide tackling was supreme.

Well it was pissing down with rain most of the time. Did you expect one of them to kick ten?

Having said that, I agree we are too tall atm, the only week we haven't been of the last 26 rounds was versus GC, and that turned out all right. Hopefully frost for michie is all that changes this week. Dawes for Pedo I'm fine with too. Dawes is a great guy, good team player, but he's pretty crap at football and I'd prefer someone who is half decent.

what and Ro Bail would kick goals would he? The bloke shanks every shot on goal he has ever had at AFL level. He has had years to prove his worth and continually fails. Great VFL player

He played 21 games last year, predominantly forward or on the wiing and kicked 10 goals, so maybe he shanks 50%

It was a swinging arm with a closed fist that collects him.

It was not a tackle attempt, it was stupid.

Come of it. That's not a swinging arm. Stop watching slow mo replays. You have to swing your arm to reach round and tackle a player in that position and you want to hit them hard so you tackle properly.

If it were a Melbourne player on the receiving end I'd say thanks for the free kick from the crude tackle, but lets move on.

• Like 1

Dawes has to ruck as second ruck, he hasn't offered anything as a forward over the past two weeks. Friday night it will be a little slippery bring in Mitchie, Cross to Cotchin.

Griffiths is a pretty decent ruck, if it was Vickery then he's on par with Dawes...both have no idea.

Given the likely conditions though we might be better off going with Dawes to try and at least nullify (or drop Dawes for Pedders) and bring in another small/medium.

• Like 1

Come of it. That's not a swinging arm. Stop watching slow mo replays. You have to swing your arm to reach round and tackle a player in that position and you want to hit them hard so you tackle properly.

If it were a Melbourne player on the receiving end I'd say thanks for the free kick from the crude tackle, but lets move on.

Looked like a swinging arm to me live too.

And what person tackles with a clenched fist.

I would say he attempted to throw a round arm across the crowd body, the guy was too low and collects him.

If that's he idea of tackling the coaches have a lot of work to do with him other than kicking.

In respect to Kent and JKH, I think Roos wants to just get games into them. He sees them as the future, and as long as they reach minimum standards (which we are unaware of!), he'll keep playing them. This applies to all of those he sees as the core of this team going forward. He's big on team unity (not chop n change) and accumulation of experience. What I think he doesn't want to do is give guys a game or two here and there, then send them back to Casey. And I agree. Frost out obviously, but I reckon that'll be the only change.