• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dion Prestia

Still need a 2nd fwd and 2nd back

I'd put either in front on paying too much for Dion

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 4

On 2 April 2016 at 11:00 PM, DemonAndrew said:

No one who is talented and serious about success would entertain coming to Melbourne.

We remain as much of a joke as we were pre-Roos.

Prestia is more likely to go to Essendon than he is to come to Melbourne.

Hmmmmmm."".,.........

• Like 4

that's been the only game i've been really disappointed in so far this year.

even the loss to the aints last week you could see where the team was trying to do the 'right thing' - we just couldn't execute. whereas against the bombers we looked so tentative and scared of losing.

anyway, back to the topic at hand...prestia has looked a shadow of his former self this year. second round pick?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

that's been the only game i've been really disappointed in so far this year.

even the loss to the aints last week you could see where the team was trying to do the 'right thing' - we just couldn't execute. whereas against the bombers we looked so tentative and scared of losing.

anyway, back to the topic at hand...prestia has looked a shadow of his former self this year. second round pick?

He's suffered quite a few niggling injuries.

42 minutes ago, praha said:

He's suffered quite a few niggling injuries.

Still THE very valid concern

• Like 1

Not landing Prestia in last year's trade period has done us a world of good. Last year he would have been a first round pick and potentially more. Given us run of recurring injuries and not the most amazing form his stocks are slowly weakening.

I think we could nab him for something like future first round for Prestia and 2nd rounder potentially? 

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Still need a 2nd fwd and 2nd back

I'd put either in front on paying too much for Dion

First opinion related post here, although I have read Demonland with interest for many years. I now question the need to target Prestia at all. An experienced KPD is critical for us in the next trade period. Our defence currently seems our weakness. There's my two cents worth anyway.

• Like 9

Dion is a class player and as i've mentioned on here a couple of times, the club has chased him pretty hard the last couple of years. 

I don't think you ever turn down class players but as good as he is i am wondering if we'd be better off chasing a high class outside mid, 

to take the next step i think pace and skills are definitely required.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

Dion is a class player and as i've mentioned on here a couple of times, the club has chased him pretty hard the last couple of years. 

I don't think you ever turn down class players but as good as he is i am wondering if we'd be better off chasing a high class outside mid, 

to take the next step i think pace and skills are definitely required.

Josh Kelly would be my preference. Not only is he classy on the outside but he is an endurance athlete. A very versatile player, doesn't have to just play mid. The trouble with Prestia is that he can only really play the role of an inside mid. I still think we need an additional inside mid, but I would lean to Kelly due to versatility.

Wouldn't complain with either though.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2016 at 0:14 PM, KingDingAling said:

Josh Kelly would be my preference. Not only is he classy on the outside but he is an endurance athlete. A very versatile player, doesn't have to just play mid. The trouble with Prestia is that he can only really play the role of an inside mid. I still think we need an additional inside mid, but I would lean to Kelly due to versatility.

Wouldn't complain with either though.

Our current inside mids: Jones, Tyson, Viney, Oliver, Brayshaw,

We are okay on the inside

Outside mids: Vince, Salem? Stretch?

Getting the likes of Prestia was a pipe dream at the start of the year, but we've shot ahead of so many other clubs in terms of being attractive to recruits: collingwood, Richmond, port, freo, Gold Coast. Obviously a lot of footy left to play this year, but it's a great spot to be in.

• Like 2

Who give a sh.t. Collingwood should get Dion and along with Treloar they could probably finish higher up the ladder next year. Tha Dees needs a CHF, a CHB, A back up ruckman , 2 quality defenders. and luck.

We're one bad performance from wanting Prestia again. 

While we need a key defender and an outside mid we can also do with a class ball magnet like Prestia.  We're not restricted to targeting just one player in the off season. 

Prestia is coming back from injury.  He'll be better next year. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, ProDee said:

We're one bad performance from wanting Prestia again. 

While we need a key defender and an outside mid we can also do with a class ball magnet like Prestia.  We're not restricted to targeting just one player in the off season. 

Prestia is coming back from injury.  He'll be better next year. 

He might be better next year, but I am starting to think our priorities lie elsewhere.

He will cost plenty and is a small, chunky, inside only player. I don't think he is a damaging small forward, either.

He is certainly not the Roos  prototype mid and might not be high on Goodwin and Taylor's radar.

Maybe we are better to go for a real need, key forward 2nd ruck, key back, outside mid etc and then try and draft some more outside speed, like Stretch and Hunt. 

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

He might be better next year, but I am starting to think our priorities lie elsewhere.

He will cost plenty and is a small, chunky, inside only player. I don't think he is a damaging small forward, either.

He is certainly not the Roos  prototype mid and might not be high on Goodwin and Taylor's radar.

Maybe we are better to go for a real need, key forward 2nd ruck, key back, outside mid etc and then try and draft some more outside speed, like Stretch and Hunt. 

"Small forward" ?  Of course he's not a small forward.  He's a gun mid.

A quality mid doesn't fit Roos/Goodwin's "prototype" ?  Sure.

And he's not just "inside".  He's fast with a booming kick.  What you're seeing now isn't indicative of Prestia as a player.  Don't Melbourne supporters watch players from other clubs ?

I agree we have other needs, but I'd suggest the club wouldn't knock back someone of Prestia's quality and we're still not exactly a destination club, so I'm not sure who some of you are referring to.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

"Small forward" ?  Of course he's not a small forward.  He's a gun mid.

A quality mid doesn't fit Roos/Goodwin's "prototype" ?  Sure.

And he's not just "inside".  He's fast with a booming kick.  What you're seeing now isn't indicative of Prestia as a player.  Don't Melbourne supporters watch players from other clubs ?

I agree we have other needs, but I'd suggest the club wouldn't knock back someone of Prestia's quality and we're still not exactly a destination club, so I'm not sure who some of you are referring to.    

Are you being argumentative just for the sake of it?

I said he doesn't have the "small forward" extra to his game, as some other mids do have. You seem to agree, with that .

I said he physically doesn't fit the Roos prototype mid, not that a quality mid doesn't fit the Roos prototype.

Yes I watch players from other clubs, usually about 6 games a round. I can't however speak for others. 

I said that we may have bigger needs than Prestia, not that we would knock him back. I also queried his cost as a trade and if it could be put to better use, getting other players we may need more. 

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Yes

Seriously, though I don't think we can get him, we are making a big play for Hurley. He will cost plenty but no picks, as he will be a FA.

Prestia will also want a heavy pay packet and will cost picks, players or both. Jesse will want plenty and we have others who also want a pay rise.

Would you prefer Prestia or Hurley based on ability, needs and cost?

On Saturday, April 02, 2016 at 11:00 PM, DemonAndrew said:

No one who is talented and serious about success would entertain coming to Melbourne.

We remain as much of a joke as we were pre-Roos.

Prestia is more likely to go to Essendon than he is to come to Melbourne.

Ur head is in ur azzzzz!!

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Seriously, though I don't think we can get him, we are making a big play for Hurley. He will cost plenty but no picks, as he will be a FA.

Prestia will also want a heavy pay packet and will cost picks, players or both. Jesse will want plenty and we have others who also want a pay rise.

Would you prefer Prestia or Hurley based on ability, needs and cost?

Hurls on all fronts.

But I'd like both.

• Like 3

We no longer need to worry about being a destination club for good/elite players from other club. I don't careless if they want to play for us. ROOS and Co. has given us hope for a bright future and there will be set backs.

We won't pay overs for Prestia in $$. If he leaves GCS it'll be to win premierships and the chance to win win at his club will mean more than a little extra in the open market. 

Hurley however will cost $$.