The Devil Inside

Who was missing Petracca Trengove

Garlett turned up about 1 hr into the session

Only one in rehab Hunt

ANB joined in full session again

Mainly stoppages and ball movement again

Those who played for Casey didn't train with main group and left early

Vince pulled up really well

Good solid session again with big numbers on the track, Howe trained strongly again, tested out the hamstring when doing marking with bag work at the end, cocked one up and took a heavy landing, bounced up to much laughter

Any questions feel free

Pics on Demonpk

• Like 18

Who was missing Petracca Trengove

Garlett turned up about 1 hr into the session

Only one in rehab Hunt

ANB joined in full session again

Mainly stoppages and ball movement again

Those who played for Casey didn't train with main group and left early

Vince pulled up really well

Good solid session again with big numbers on the track, Howe trained strongly again, tested out the hamstring when doing marking with bag work at the end, cocked one up and took a heavy landing, bounced up to much laughter

Cheers Sat, and cheers for the ongoing pre-season training reports. Love you, or hate you, everyone still appreciates the effort.

• Like 14

Was Jeffy supposed to be an hour later ? Just asking :)

one question TDI

After watching them today, do you think Vince and Howe will play vs Gold Coast?

Roos and Vince had a chat for about ten minutes before the session started, seemed animated

Spoke to Bernie afterwards, didn't bring this up, but he said he pulled up fine, apart from a couple of the Willy players trying to take his head off when they had the chance, he looks fine, so does Howe, who trained really strongly again, obviously saying to Roos pick me

Bit of colour, obviously Jayden Hunt is still having issues with his back. Brendan McCartney went over to participate in a couple of drills with him and have a chat - all the talk is about Roos and Goodwin, whoever decided to get McCartney as well, needs thanking.

Pretty sure Goodwin was the one who instigated that move.

Also had a chat to Jade Rawlings, agreed it was going to be difficult at match committee to get the balance right between role and quality, asked who I would pick, and then told me my first pick would be Nev Jetta, not sure how he knew that haha. Same as the rest of us, looking forward to seeing what the younger brigade can bring

Bit of colour, obviously Jayden Hunt is still having issues with his back. Brendan McCartney went over to participate in a couple of drills with him and have a chat - all the talk is about Roos and Goodwin, whoever decided to get McCartney as well, needs thanking.

Sorry, what's the bit about colour? I don't follow.

Thought of another conversation I had, as to the individualised training programs, Mitch White has no idea why he didn't play on Saturday, just told his program required him not to

He and Nev Jetta did a bit of one on one work at the end of the session, Mitch must be a pretty strong already, he more than held his own against Nev

How about intensity?

One thing TDI do the boys leave the track exhausted or are they training to a fitness level.

I am concerned about inability to maintain intensity for the 4 quarters and especially to maintain skills when tired at the end of the 4 quarters.

I like to see th players exhausted at the end of a game testifying that they had played to their limit.

How about intensity?

One thing TDI do the boys leave the track exhausted or are they training to a fitness level.

I am concerned about inability to maintain intensity for the 4 quarters and especially to maintain skills when tired at the end of the 4 quarters.

I like to see th players exhausted at the end of a game testifying that they had played to their limit.

No that is the one thing we need not worry about, every single player has told me they are the fittest they have ever been, just to see Spencer trundle his now massive frame up and down the ground for 2 and a half hours tells me they are fitter

The issue we have with maintaining intensity for four quarters is above the shoulders on most players, when you speak to them this is the one thing that frustrates all of them, they know it is the issue, but it is fixing it that remains the challenge for both them and the coaches, we tend to switch off and get goals kicked against us, everybody from Nathan Jones to James Harmes acknowledges this

Hopefully with a bit more experience on the field this year especially in the shape of HL we can stop these lapses, even Roos made mention of it in his presser this morning

• Like 4

TDI I spotted you having a chat with Matt Jones. Any insight?

I asked him whether he thought he would be playing on Saturday, Roos has given no inkling as yet, said all he can do is play and train and wait and see like everybody else, like the rest of the team, thinks the competition for spots will make the team better, the culture of team first is slowly being ingrained, personally I don't think he has done much wrong this pre season, I wouldn't be disappointed if he was picked

• Like 3

Did he push you in the back?

Gold CB. Actually made me laugh out loud!

What I think is terrific is that, apart from a couple of long term injuries, we have a very fit and healthy list (and I am touching wood as I type this). The players have clearly been managed well and we will have a strong group of players to pick from later in the week.

I asked him whether he thought he would be playing on Saturday, Roos has given no inkling as yet, said all he can do is play and train and wait and see like everybody else, like the rest of the team, thinks the competition for spots will make the team better, the culture of team first is slowly being ingrained, personally I don't think he has done much wrong this pre season, I wouldn't be disappointed if he was picked

I tend to agree on Jones. Think he is somewhat limited but I reckon he's acquitted himself pretty well out there, collected some ball and generally running well. If he can iron out his skill errors he's got a long career ahead of him.

• Like 1