Melbourne v Western Bulldogs @ Eureka Stadium Ballarat - 14th March, 2015

Clucka

If that's the best we can do ... lets look forward to another wooden spoon ...

I Hate following this team ... they build you up just to rip your heart out.

no you build it up yourself, lower your expectations, we have a number of recycled players and relying on a young key position forward, 4 wins last year

Pretty confident a few boys were rested at half time......

Im not expecting a top 8 finish this year but there were some good signs, especially in the first half.

Had a few good opportunites in the 2nd half, didn't convert for multiple reasons............. No injuries no worries I reckon

• Like 3

Played with a cracking pace in the warm weather early. Ran out of gas in second half. Didn't have to do much anyhow with such a big lead. Good hit up.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Wow.

Couldn't get to watch second half. Wtf happened ?

Love to be fly on wall for the blast they would/should get.

Only circus footy but the finish was surely poor.

Better be better by Friday !!

Salem and Toumpas had 48 possessions between them, using the ball well and attacking man/ball hard. Those two, in combination with no major injuries, were the biggest positive from the day.

Sick and tired of seeing the team go to sleep for an entire quarter, or more. But if we can work out how to play for four quarters, we will win a few this year.

Pickering and Hutchison were the worst commentary duo I've ever had to listen to, in any sport, ever.

• Like 6

we one

they two :rolleyes:
  • Like 2

For the rose coloured crew out there saying this didn't mean anything, I strongly beg to differ. If that 2nd half doesn't put fear into you as a supporter, I don't know what game you were watching. The fact our near 1st string side could barely fall over the line against a team of draftees, that's just abysmal. My prediciton of us going 0-9 to start the year might have to be changed to 0-15.

Long season ahead I fear

• Like 1

We lost ascendancy in the midfield second half? I didn't notice Tyson after half time, was he subbed? And Nathan Jones went quiet also. Perhaps giving others a run through the middle, they failed miserably.

Argghh work that out yourself!

Thats was an absolutely putrid 2nd half. Pencil us for bottom 3 this year.

Jesus wept. I know the second half sucked, but can we knock it off with the extremist conclusions?

Anyway, you choose to selectively only recall the second half: I selectively only recall the first half, and have therefore concluded that we are flag favourites. After Richmond, of course.

• Like 6

The NAB challenge means NOTHING! Why are people reading so much into this... Yes the 2nd half was not acceptable but lets take the positives out of the first half and the games of Toumpas, Salem, Frost, JKH, Grimes improved performance, the run Garlett and Lumumba provide us. We beat Collingwood in Neelds first NAB game, how'd that work out for us ? We shut up shop at half time, which isn't acceptable but it's the nature of how the pre season works. Look at the positives of the first half, let the players learn that you need to play 4 quarters of football no matter who the opposition is...

• Like 1

No need to panic

When the game was there to be won we slaughtered them

After halftime we clearly weren't very interested in the scoreline which is completely understandable in a practice match

I think a number of more important players did not get on the field much in the 2nd half

The wind buggered us up a bit and the usual pathetic umpiring saw us get about 45 HTB decisions with no prior opp go against us

I just don't put much stock at all in that game

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 266

PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 3rd June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons embarrasing loss to Fremantle in Alice Springs. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 58

VOTES: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the embarrassing loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons were blown out of the water and were absolutely embarrassing against the Fremantle Dockers in Alice Springs ultimately going down by 92 points and getting bundled out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 589

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 772

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!