Training - Wednesday, 4th February, 2015

The Devil Inside

Really?

Bit of honesty too much for you?

Think you will find it was said in a friendly conversation and Tappy agreed that if his body couldn't hold together he was going to be in strife.

Friendly or not, in my opinion it crosses the line as far as supporters are concerned.

These guys are professional athletes and will be given the hard mail by not only the coaches but by their team mates also.

If you think Saty hanging over the fence and giving Tappy some info he already probably already knew is impressive, then good luck to you. whatever peels the skin off your banana.

I want player critiquing. I don't know these blokes and quite frankly nor do I want to.

The players may think he's a complete flogger for all we know.

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 3

I think we will only be slightly better this year with 6 or 7 wins,

Your prediction worries me Saty, knowing that you're a glass half full kinda guy.

Can you elaborate on why you don't think improvements to the list and on the training track will translate to more than 2 or 3 extra wins during the season?

• Like 1

Friendly or not, in my opinion it crosses the line as far as supporters are concerned.

These guys are professional athletes and will be given the hard mail by not only the coaches but by their team mates also.

If you think Saty hanging over the fence and giving Tappy some info he already probably already knew is impressive, then good luck to you. whatever peels the skin off your banana.

I want player critiquing. I don't know these last blokes and quite frankly nor do i want to.

The players may think he's a complete flogger for all we know.

Of course they would. They would be taking the [censored] out of him behind closed doors just like every other club does when those in your face supporters that are constantly in their faces trying to coach them from the sidelines just like Saty does.

Players like tappy would have been copping enough slack from supporters from social media and external pressure about their futures. No need for Saty to be going down to training and saying face to face your in trouble if you don't step up with your body.

No wonder there is now full time psychologists at clubs now and depression with a lot of players now then ever before.

• Like 3

I think a sympathetic supporter who turns up week after week to training probably has a lot of credit with the players of a team that has gone through such a long sequence of bad seasons.

Not only turns up to training but does a hell of a lot of volunteer work for the club (often side by side with the players - one such time the Tappy conversation was held - as opposed to hanging over the fence).

Anyone who thinks the players do not appreciate the work done by volunteers is kidding himself/herself.

• Like 3

you must have a funny ignore button, jabber

try clearing your browser cache and reboot

Or go to the c:/ then type *.*delete then press enter. That should clear it.

Does anyone else remember dos? Man I am old.

WOW.....I can't believe that a "Training thread" can develop into a Saty popularity contest

I like his reports, I like that he sticks up for players, I don't care if he talks to the players,(I don't....but that's just me)

Every one on here is entitled to his or her opinion whether or not you agree or not, but the snide remarks for a poster who has an opinion is ...well...a bit pathetic really

I have noticed that during the season the player bashing on D'land is a product of frustration that supporters feel, and I understand what they feel....If you watch the other clubs play, you will notice that they make the same mistakes and miss goals from 10 yards out ect....The same as us...I get frustrated but I don't want to trade, delist, or get rid of players because they don't come up to my expectations

Anyway this is just MY opinion......Carry on if you want to

• Like 3

Of course they would. They would be taking the [censored] out of him behind closed doors just like every other club does when those in your face supporters that are constantly in their faces trying to coach them from the sidelines just like Saty does.bout

Players like tappy would have been copping enough slack from supporters from social media and external pressure about their futures. No need for Saty to be going down to training and saying face to face your in trouble if you don't step up with your body.

No wonder there is now full time psychologists at clubs now and depression with a lot of players now then ever before

The only problem I have DD, is you are not stood next to me when I chat to the players, I don't hang over the fence, I don't have to, I can approach the players and ask questions, the answers I get are usually found later to be correct

I don't coach, that's Roos' job, I just ask how they are travelling or a question another poster wants me to ask

Tappy was happy to discuss, I had been talking since he was first drafted, I spoke to him this year when he was delisted, we again chatted about the hope his body would stay together so he could have a crack at it, unfortunately it didn't

The only thing that would depress players would be reading some topics on here, but they don't as one of the players told me "it is full of negativity", I have convinced them otherwise and can get some info to share

Personally I don't care if they laugh at me "behind closed doors" as you say, I get the [censored] taken out of me to my face by them, its all good fun, and I have a go at them,

Seems to be you that has the problem with this not me or the players

If I didn't have a good rapport with them, I doubt the 'guns' pics would happen, but then I don't need to explain myself to you, but thought I would

Edited by The Devil Inside
  • Like 3

dos

I remember FORTRAN.

Well I don't really remember it but I did use it.

HP Assembly language. Flicking switches to enter the code. Monash Uni circa 1974.

In defence of Demonland - we have won 37 out of 176 games these past 8 years... When there isn't positivity, what will fill the space?

And the reason why the club doesn't advise them to come on here is that they don't need to engage with randoms 'concerned' with their form, social life, contract status, etc.

The rise of Twitter is showing what a nuisance, distraction, or possibly, danger that can be.

Demonland is a beacon compared to 'social media.'

As for saty/TDI and those on here worried about his topics of conversation - what do you think the players and coaches get at fan events when those attending are 4 beers deep?

Oddly enough, questions not unlike TDIs and negativity not unlike that on here.

Cut from the same cloth.

• Like 1

When there isn't positivity, what will fill the space?

Intelligent discussions about the reality?

dos

I remember FORTRAN.

Well I don't really remember it but I did use it.

I remember using it, still have some old textbooks, and can recall a time when the only thing you could be sure about was that any computer would have a Fortran compiler. This puts me in Old Dee's territory, I guess :lol::lol:

HP Assembly language. Flicking switches to enter the code. Monash Uni circa 1974.

I can remember marking punch cards in pencil for the girls to punch out and put through the mainframe computer at Swinburne Tech in the 70's. You would then get printout of the code I think. That mainframe that took up half a room would have had about a megabyte of grunt and memory is my guess.

Oh and I did COBOL and some fix up programming for Y2K if you can remember that impending disaster back in 1999!

^^ The sad thing is that that would make sense to me.

PS:- This is a training report that has not been censored, yet.

Edited by ManDee