DRAFT DAY - 2014

Whispering_Jack

This thread is designated to all things draft on this day of days for recruiting.

I'll kick off with this recent article about the opinion of Kevin Sheehan on the top draft candidates. "Shifter" is the godfather of drafting ~ Shifter's top 40 draft players

I'm liking Brayshaw and Petracca for 2 & 3 and given those selections I wouldn't mind Dean Gore and Reece McKenzie if available when the time comes.

My certainties are Billy Stretch at 42 and Neville Jetta as the rookie upgrade :lol:

• Like 6

Pick 2: Christian Petracca Eastern Rangers

Pick 3: Angus Brayshaw Sandringham Dragons

Pick 40: Daniel Howe Murray Bushrangers

Pick 42: Billy Stretch (F/S) Glenelg

Pick 53: Jackson Nelson Geelong Falcons

Pick 83: Neville Jetta (Rookie elevation) Melbourne Demons

Rookie Draft:

Pick 2: Tanner Smith Fremantle Dockers

Pick 20: Brett Eddy South Adelaide

Exciting times. Will be great if we can add both Petracca and Brayshaw. If the saints turn out to be trolling everyone, then I'll happily have us scoop up McCartin to go alongside Jesse. Can't lose.

Expect Langdon, Gore, Goodyear, Howe and Panos to go around our later picks. I'd love Reece McKenzie if we get Petracca, but I fear he'll be gone before we can get our hands on him.

My wishlist

Pick 2: Angus Brayshaw

Pick 3: Christian Petracca

Pick 40: Reece McKenzie

Pick 42: Billy Stretch (father/son)

Pick 53: Dean Gore

Pick 83: Neville Jetta (rookie upgrade)

Rookie 2: Caleb Daniel

Rookie 20: Billy Evans

• Like 1

Draft day is like an early xmas.

What will be this year santa sack?

Def 1 (if not 2) inside hard midfielder(s)

A silky son of a gun with a fair bit of run

Up grade of the hard nut Nev Jetta

What else doe need? For me I would like some run and carry and/or a out of the box special.....I never follow the pre draft forms of these kids as close as some here (I do live overseas). So I am in no position to name names. But I would love someone out of left field that Taylor has been keeping under wraps. Esp if he is a hard nut.

Cant wait till tonight when people are making predictions on how big a star our #53 pick will be.

Go dees

I keep seeing the name Reece McKenzie pop up here so thought id check out his highlights.

Would love it if we were able to grab him at pick 40.

Would be a great result if we take Petracca and Brayshaw and Mckenzie slips to us at pick 40.

I think we will go tall at that pick in any case.

coverage starts at 6:30? does anyone know when the first pick will be announced? I want to avoid the rubbish coverage as much as possible

I especially love when they have panel chat or interviews with parents while first round picks are being announcing!

I think they are going from pick 1 to pick 10 this year and not the opposite which is better

coverage starts at 6:30? does anyone know when the first pick will be announced? I want to avoid the rubbish coverage as much as possible

I especially love when they have panel chat or interviews with parents while first round picks are being announcing!

I think they are going from pick 1 to pick 10 this year and not the opposite which is better

Good luck with that

lyCUq.gif

• Like 2

Anyone seen the NFL movie draft day?

SPOILER ALERT

Cleveland trade up for the top pick, end up passing on the star QB, spreading rumours he's not up to it all based on him not having team mates at his party, only for him to tumble back down the draft order until Cleveland can trade him back for all the picks they originally gave up.

Now my plan is to pass on Petracca, spread a rumour that he's an off the chain ice addict who also has dodgy hips. Then we draft him with pick 40. Do you think it will work?

• Like 1

Melbourne should introduce a draft day breakfast.

Thats not a bad idea actually

I would think a dinner would be better!

lets make a whole day of it ....:)

Anyone seen the NFL movie draft day?

SPOILER ALERT

Cleveland trade up for the top pick, end up passing on the star QB, spreading rumours he's not up to it all based on him not having team mates at his party, only for him to tumble back down the draft order until Cleveland can trade him back for all the picks they originally gave up.

Now my plan is to pass on Petracca, spread a rumour that he's an off the chain ice addict who also has dodgy hips. Then we draft him with pick 40. Do you think it will work?

No, West Coast will jump on him with their first pick!

In my view this would be our perfect draft.

2. Angus Brayshaw

3. Christian Petracca

40. Oscar McDonald

53. Jack Lonie

Rookie

2. Teia Miles

20. Brydan Hodgson

Parents can be such cruel bar-stewards.

(seriously, just call them Jack - it's so simple)

Edited by I Give a Gawnski
  • Like 2

Ive mentioned this lad elsewhere quite some time ago. He seems under the radar....or he may not even be on it..lol

I doubt he'll figure in the ND but as we have a couple of spots on our Rookie list and as we get to go fairly early, though Sainters I think now have 4 rookie spots going, but a name appears every now and then that intrigues me as good bad or indifferent his size and position are very much the new Roos prototype utility player. I speak of Matthew Panos.

Hes in that mould , taller , bigger bodied type mid. Reinvented himself and was good enough for Best on Ground recently for Norwood in winning the Premiership.

you dont need to be a star, just a good week in week out role player

just putting it out there

and we move on :)

Now sure the momentum would continue all day bb when this time next year our first pick will be 14.

we could have a Nanna nap after some nana fritters in the arvo.....theres method here in my madness OD