Deledio: 71.8% DE

Conca: 69.9%

Melbourne:

Jones: 73.4% DE

Vince: 64.5 % DE

Tyson: 72.6 % DE

Cross: 78,2 % DE

Viney: 66.4% DE

Despite what you may believe, we actually use it better.

Despite what you believe, most of our disposals are little chip kicks or backwards handballs trying to hold possession.

Jones is the biggest culprit of the backwards handball.

Richmond:

Martin: 67% DE

Cotchin: 63.8% DE

Ellis: 73.4% DE

Melbourne:

I hate that stat. It's the biggest load of rubbish ever. We can run around in circles or handball/kick from side to side and gain no ground, yet our disposal efficiency might be considered terrific as a result of this. I think Richmond have better users coming off half back too, so it's not just their midfielders that use it better than ours.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

Despite what you believe, most of our disposals are little chip kicks or backwards handballs trying to hold possession.

Jones is the biggest culprit of the backwards handball.

Still use it better.

I think we have to accept that loyalty in the game means something entirely different in this day and age to what it meant a decade ago and what it meant 30 and 40 years ago. We can't accept sentiment in a game where the players now have a strong union, are well paid and have a say in the structure of trading and drafting rules. We are seeing contracts torn up, boards, coaches and players removed suddenly and all in the interests of the good of the club.

We therefore have to sit back and accept that player movement of the sort we are seeing this year is now a fact of life.

In Jack Trengove's case I agree that, apart from the club's interests, a move by the player will also benefit him. Coming off his foot injury, Jack would be under far less pressure elsewhere given that these things take time.

I do believe that something much bigger is afoot than an attempt to secure a youngster with pick 12. That proposition goes against what we've heard from Roos in the past and against logic. So we will sit back and wait for things to happen this week and nothing should surprise us.

• Like 4

Richmond:

Martin: 67% DE

Cotchin: 63.8% DE

Ellis: 73.4% DE

Melbourne:

I'm with you that the difference isn't as great as some would believe, but DE stats are almost not worth the paper they are written on. Fair reflecton on Cotchin though because he is a real butcher. Martin uses the ball in attacking positions and often under pressure. When you're chipping ther ball around in the back half then your stats are going to look alot healthier.

I don't think it's a matter of Trenners needing to break into their midfield. They're not downgrading 12 to 23 to have him run around in the twos. Fitness permitting, he'll play every game. I just don't think his development will be accelerated as a result of moving to Richmond. His chances are basically as good there as they are here.

There's an argument that there would be less pressure on him in a better side, but I still don't believe Richmond are that much better. They scraped through to the finals where they got humiliated, and they were one of four teams that we beat. At no stage did they really look like a team that is going anywhere other than possibly making up the numbers in September where they inevitably had their pants pulled down.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

I hate that stat. It's the biggest load of rubbish ever. We can run around in circles or handball/kick from side to side and gain no ground, yet our disposal efficiency might be considered terrific as a result of this. I think Richmond have better users coming off half back too, so it's not just their midfielders that use it better than ours.

Yep this is exactly right

• Like 1

I like Lever's 1 min @ 17 years old more than a number of other highly regarded kids this year, looks a natural to me!!

The word is Melbourne ranked him No.1 at the end of 2013

Still don't want to get rid of Trengove for him, could he fall to pick 23?

No chance in hell deeman, Top 15 for sure, could be top 10

• Like 1

No chance in hell deeman, Top 15 for sure, could be top 10

Damn, but you never know, didn't see JKH falling so far back.

The word is Melbourne ranked him No.1 at the end of 2013

And with an underwelming crop this year I can see why they'd still rate him highly despite not playing in 2014. Would we rate him higher than Brayshaw internally possibly? Cause I'm still hoping we land a few established sorts moreso than kids, despite thinking Brayshaw is the surest bet in the draft & whilst really liking the look (and sound) of Lever. I saw a report somewhere that said he was the most impressive interview at the combine and that we were the best interviewers at the combine...... Sounds like a good match ;-)

It just shows there's a wealth of talent up there at GWS, just waiting to be pillaged. Shiel, Treloar, Coniglio, Greene, Cameron etc.

Not only pillaged but they will have to let some go soon as they still have to accommodate Smith, #1 pick Whitfield and #2 pick Kelly and of course they still have HWSNBN running around. Unless some of those are converted to HF or HB players which I doubt...too talented...better GWS cash in now. Afterall that is the reason they stockpiled so many mids with early draft picks. I have my money on a trade with GWS for pick 3 and 12 +/-.

As an aside, I have to chuckle about a pick 3 trade. As of late Thur afternoon the club announces it will go to draft with picks 2 and 3 and on Fri Trengove tours Tiger territory and all of sudden pick 3 +/- is potentially off to the tigers. Have to admire the poker face way the club is playing its cards!

• Like 1

Not only pillaged but they will have to let some go soon as they still have to accommodate Smith, #1 pick Whitfield and #2 pick Kelly and of course they still have HWSNBN running around. Unless some of those are converted to HF or HB players which I doubt...too talented...better GWS cash in now. Afterall that is the reason they stockpiled so many mids with early draft picks. I have my money on a trade with GWS for pick 3 and 12 +/-.

As an aside, I have to chuckle about a pick 3 trade. As of late Thur afternoon the club announces it will go to draft with picks 2 and 3 and on Fri Trengove tours Tiger territory and all of sudden pick 3 +/- is potentially off to the tigers. Have to admire the poker face way the club is playing its cards!

Yeah, it was clear to me Mahoney simply came out and said that to force the hand of a few opposition clubs.

The following article is from December 2012 ...

Demons co-captain Jack Trengove to miss six weeks with foot injury

Some quotes from Josh Mahoney ...

Yeah, they might have identified the stress fracture "early" but ... how long was it troubling him for?

Stress fractures can hang about for quite some time and just get progressively worse. It's not like doing a ACL or pulling a hamstring off the bone.

We know he had the same foot operated on about 16 months later so it could be assumed that he played with a fair degree of duress and discomfort in 2013. ... Just like Hogan, we can't make an assessment of Jack's year, this season, because ... he was basically unavailable.

Yeah the whole reason he was involved with the ASADA stuff was due his foot. Amazing they let him play through 2013 when he could hardly raise a gallop and couldn't kick over 40m, another ridiculously managed situation by us.

• Like 3

In Jack Trengove's case I agree that, apart from the club's interests, a move by the player will also benefit him. Coming off his foot injury, Jack would be under far less pressure elsewhere given that these things take time.

Not sure I agree...reckon he will be under plenty of pressure at the tiges.

I do believe that something much bigger is afoot than an attempt to secure a youngster with pick 12. That proposition goes against what we've heard from Roos in the past and against logic. So we will sit back and wait for things to happen this week and nothing should surprise us.

Agree with this. Trengove would have to be a better bet than a kid at pick 12 (or 10 if Adelaide bid). So they must be going after bigger fish. Plenty of times Roos has said we have enough kids.

Trade may well go ahead ONLY if the other target is certain. ie all part of same deal.

That all depends on whether you think it was all down to poor development. IMO, it was a combination of both, but mostly weak draft pools.

opinions are like a*holes, everyone has one.The draft pools were not weak, look at the players that came out at the same time. i am not going to list them.