Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

I'd certainly take Greene if the price was right (read lowish). He seems like a [censored] of a bloke and he certainly isn't an A grader, but if Roos and co can curve his seeming poor off-field behaviour and he improves his tank (via Misson), he could be a little win for us.

• Like 1

The fight.

no, we want players who'll take a risk & also have a go...

just the kid needs to mature & to learn. no more choirboys. one of our problems is maybe we have toooo many in the legal profession, who keep on scaring us off the edgy players because of inside legal info we receive. this hasn't served us at all well.

we have to stop being afraid of players with big mojo's & feisty attitudes. we need this type & let the coaches shape them.

no, we want players who'll take a risk & also have a go...

just the kid needs to mature & to learn. no more choirboys. one of our problems is maybe we have toooo many in the legal profession, who keep on scaring us off the edgy players because of inside legal info we receive. this hasn't served us at all well.

we have to stop being afraid of players with big mojo's & feisty attitudes. we need this type & let the coaches shape them.

This one's a bit more serious 'dee-luded', he may not be available.

I may cope some flack by asking this however Schoenmakers may be on the outers by Hawthorn. Played 79 games and averaged 14 disposals this year. I can see him as a Roos type player, aka Teddy Richards. Just a thought and may only require a 3rd rounder

No flack from me. I like him but I think he's a forward.

Agree he had a Barry in the VFL GF but the ball was coming in frequently & under little pressure when Liam Jones lit up

id be right into Shoenmakers. Definetely could fill a hole and play a role

Yep me too. as long as he cut off his hipster pony tail thing lol

I think he looks good as a forward, a little persistence and work with roos could do him wonders.

apparently hawthorn is interested in clark. straight swap for schoenmakers? I would probably do that.
Although if essendons prepared to pay him 500k for 3 years then maybe he's worth more than schoenmakers?

• Like 1

nope, Rnd 1 pick from Hawkers. around P-19?

So much depends on how serious Clark is about ensuring Melbourne are compensated. If he (or his manager) list three clubs (say Collingwood, Hawks, Dons) and state that he is happy to go to any of the three and secure the best deal for Melbourne, then we can possibly drive the price to a late first rounder.

If Clark nominates Collingwood as his sole preferred destination, we'll likely be rodgered in the deal.

So much depends on how serious Clark is about ensuring Melbourne are compensated. If he (or his manager) list three clubs (say Collingwood, Hawks, Dons) and state that he is happy to go to any of the three and secure the best deal for Melbourne, then we can possibly drive the price to a late first rounder.

If Clark nominates Collingwood as his sole preferred destination, we'll likely be rodgered in the deal.

And he is still under contract so we dont have to sell him short. Even if we get nothing for him in 2015, I would prefer not to be 'rodgered' by anyone, especially collingwood

• Like 1

I don't think we will get Dangerfield. Therefore...

Pick 3 to Sydney for Mitchell and their first round pick (approx. 18), and second round pick (approx. 36).

On-trade pick 18 and pick 36 to GWS for Greene and Frost.

We keep our 3rd round pick for Stretch. I just can't see anyone bidding on him prior to our 2nd rounder.

Edit - re Swans trade, maybe an agreement between a couple of old mates allowing Malceski to be delisted, thus coming to us as a delisted free agent.

Your trades are heavily biased towards the MFC.

Greene is just as good as Tyson and has form on the board. He is worth more than Tyson was last year. Unless he names us as his preferred club, can't see Greene being traded for pick 18.

He'll avoid jail, it's a first offence and there are plenty of AFL players on lists who have done worse.

• Like 1

all this hullabaloo about retire of illness etc, is just smokescreen. he is one of two who are worth anything to us as trade value, so we can rebuild. no doubt planned around last February-ish.

Clarks foot is right, rested & ready. gym work to restrengthen muscles no doubt over the course of this year as he rests away from games rebuilding muscle condition.

Only Clark & Frawley are of any worth to get multiple players in return, who will be able to add to our longterm re-building of this ailing club.

A First Rnd Pick is a must, or a couple of players.

So I just got the following emailed to me from a mate.... who's mate attended a breakfast at the MCC with C Wilson, D Barrett, J Ralph & S Edmund.

Anyways, dont take it as gospel, could be rubbish, most likely is complete rubbish but I thought i'd toss it out here in case some people find it interesting. Dont know if he expects me to post it anywhere but that much crap gets spruiked anyways I doubt people care.

• Melbourne been assured of getting pick 3 for Frawley – Apparently he still hasn’t told the club whether he’ll stay and Peter Jackson’s only concern is that he might.
    • The request for a priority pick was all part of the plan to get the best compo for Frawley – PJ a genius.
    • All AFL clubs attended a meeting at the Westpac Centre to discuss trade week a few days ago and Melbourne hang pick 3 was widely accepted by all
  • Dees, Saints and GWS up to their eyeballs in discussions on possible draft pick re-shuffling/trades
  • Saints love McCartin and know the Dees and Giants want mids (Giants have no interest in McCartin, b0ners for Petracca)
  • Saints happy to offload pick 1 to GWS so they can secure Petracca, for pick 4 and a player – If the Dees agree to lay off McCartin with picks 2 & 3, he’ll still be there at 4.
    • Trouble for the Saints is the Dees are looking to take Brayshaw with 2 or 3 and off load the other pick to a club desperate for a tall – Saints might need to make it worth the Dees while…
    • Potential 3 way trade:
      • Saints – Get Pick 4 (MCCartin) and a player (potentially Jaksch) for pick 1
      • Giants – Get Pick 1 (Petracca) - Shiel and a latter pick to the Dees for pick 3
      • Dees – Pick 2 (Brayshaw), Shiel and a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick or Frost
  • Hird no chance to coach ever again
  • McKenna gone – Abblett knifing him behind closed doors, supporting him publicly
  • Ryder to Port if the Brisbane deal hasn’t already been done
  • Swans cashed up again with Malceski, Mitchell, O’Keefe and Goodes all expected to leave and will pull out as surprise big signing
  • Hawks will get Frawley – As soon as the GF is over the make him a massive offer
  • Trouble at the Dogs, players unhappy with the coach, senior players think the young blokes are getting ahead of themselves – A few ripe to be picked off
  • Haven’t invested nearly enough in development and players are already raising concerns
  • Any backwards slide would see a massive player exodus and the club become an almost irreparable mess – Cameron gone!
  • Giants in MASSIVE trouble, AFL sh1tting themselves – Are expected to go backwards next year, potential spoon.
  • Like 10

So I just got the following emailed to me from a mate.... who's mate attended a breakfast at the MCC with C Wilson, D Barrett, J Ralph & S Edmund.

Anyways, dont take it as gospel, could be rubbish, most likely is complete rubbish but I thought i'd toss it out here in case some people find it interesting. Dont know if he expects me to post it anywhere but that much crap gets spruiked anyways I doubt people care.

• Melbourne been assured of getting pick 3 for Frawley – Apparently he still hasn’t told the club whether he’ll stay and Peter Jackson’s only concern is that he might.
    • The request for a priority pick was all part of the plan to get the best compo for Frawley – PJ a genius.
    • All AFL clubs attended a meeting at the Westpac Centre to discuss trade week a few days ago and Melbourne hang pick 3 was widely accepted by all
  • Dees, Saints and GWS up to their eyeballs in discussions on possible draft pick re-shuffling/trades
  • Saints love McCartin and know the Dees and Giants want mids (Giants have no interest in McCartin, b0ners for Petracca)
  • Saints happy to offload pick 1 to GWS so they can secure Petracca, for pick 4 and a player – If the Dees agree to lay off McCartin with picks 2 & 3, he’ll still be there at 4.
    • Trouble for the Saints is the Dees are looking to take Brayshaw with 2 or 3 and off load the other pick to a club desperate for a tall – Saints might need to make it worth the Dees while…
    • Potential 3 way trade:
      • Giants – Get Pick 1 (Petracca) - Shiel and a latter pick to the Dees for pick 3
      • Dees – Pick 2 (Brayshaw), Shiel and a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick or Frost
  • McKenna gone – Abblett knifing him behind closed doors, supporting him publicly
  • Swans cashed up again with Malceski, Mitchell, O’Keefe and Goodes all expected to leave and will pull out as surprise big signing
  • Hawks will get Frawley – As soon as the GF is over the make him a massive offer
  • Trouble at the Dogs, players unhappy with the coach, senior players think the young blokes are getting ahead of themselves – A few ripe to be picked off
  • Haven’t invested nearly enough in development and players are already raising concerns
  • Any backwards slide would see a massive player exodus and the club become an almost irreparable mess – Cameron gone!
  • Giants in MASSIVE trouble, AFL sh1tting themselves – Are expected to go backwards next year, potential spoon.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Brayshaw and Shiel would set our midfield up for the next 10 years.

• Like 4

• Potential 3 way trade:

All this makes sense. Would explain Frawleys delay in announcing his intentions.

Who are you referring to with the points about lack of player development and any backwards slide would leave an irreparable mess?

Is it us, GWS or the Bulldogs?

• Potential 3 way trade:

Saints give up: pick 1,

get back: Jaksch & pick 4,

Demons give up: pick 3

get back: Shiel, pick 20ish (or frost)

Giants give up: Shiel, pick 4, Jaksch, pick 20ish

get back: pick 1, pick 3

The giants are essentially giving up pick 4 and 20ish for free, because 1 & 3 would be used to find direct replacements for Shiel and Jaksch. Hard to see the giants doing that... Great deal for the Dees though.

All this makes sense. Would explain Frawleys delay in announcing his intentions.

Who are you referring to with the points about lack of player development and any backwards slide would leave an irreparable mess?

Is it us, GWS or the Bulldogs?

"Cameron gone" as in Leon Cameron, I read it.

Also, there might be a delay in Chip announcing because I believe the rule say he cannot announce until all clubs, or the club of his choice, have finished for the season. Not sure though.