Goodwin's Law?

Striker475

Good deal by the dees.

As is becoming usual under this regime, things happen, there is no leaking and the Roos/Jackson combo has serious street cred. Compare that to .... nah don't go there.

Go Dees

• Like 3

My take? Great news. For a number of reasons, not least of which being the vote of confidence in our direction this flags from a sought after assistant coach, one who may well have been able to snare a senior gig at a club who should have made finals and obviously are (or perhaps were) well ahead of us in terms chances to win a flag.

Importantly it also creates an air of certainty about the club that ongoing discussions about possible successors would work against, even though logically it probably shouldn't - perception is reality. This can only be a positive coming up to a crucial recruiting period.

It also means that by knocking back the crows (who surely would have been hoping to get him) they will be in a self imposed flux, that conversely cannot be great for them coming up to a crucial recruiting period. Which can only be good for our chances of snaring someone like Danger (who as noted by a poster said publicly in May whilst Sando was there so was he - i wonder how he gets on with Good Win?).

• Like 2

My take? Great news. For a number of reasons, not least of which being the vote of confidence in our direction this flags from a sought after assistant coach, one who may well have been able to snare a senior gig at a club who should have made finals and obviously are (or perhaps were) well ahead of us in terms chances to win a flag.

But importantly it creates an air of certainty about the club that ongoing discussions about possible successors would work against, even though logically it probably shouldn't - perception is reality. This can only be a positive coming up to a crucial recruiting period.

It also means that by knocking back the crows (who surely would have been hoping to get him) they will be in a self imposed flux, that conversely cannot be great for them coming up to a crucial recruiting period. Which can only be good for our chances of snaring someone like Danger.

Him turning down the Crows in favour of us, is massive.

Money wouldn't have been a concern for them, obviously, so we didn't buy him from their clutches.

He must really believe what he says. We were the best choice for him.

Which is great for us.

• Like 2

I know people - it's done.

Happy to never post again if I am wrong.

Well it looks like PartyBoy will live to write another day.

Irrelevant now, but it wouldn't have been announced today had it not been for the Adelaide AND impending Gold Coast Fiasco.

• Like 9

PartyBoy, on 10 Sept 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:snapback.png

I know people - it's done.

Happy to never post again if I am wrong.

Well done PBoy, what else is going on?

It's good news, last night it looked like we would be embarrassed by adelaide. Like others here, I trust PJ and Roos, and Goodwin is going to be awesome for us. (just delete the memory of his 'good stuff' texts) Easy, already done- that's footy

Well it looks like PartyBoy will live to write another day.

Irrelevant now, but it wouldn't have been announced today had it not been for the Adelaide AND impending Gold Coast Fiasco.

Not to mention the resumption of the Bombers circus tommorow

I didnt think he looked nervous - I thought he looked measured and calm. Two things you probably wouldnt have said about some of our previous coaches. This appointment also gives time to Viney and co to rebuild our list properly.

A mate tells me that Goodwin is as close to Jnr MacDonald a player could be without actually being Jnr MacDonald.

Im happy. Now we need a list.

• Like 1

I was a fan of Stu Dew but I have no idea why.

As for changing Clark and Frawley's plans - who cares. A five year appointment means to me a restructure of the list. Not really sure that would include a player who seemed to purposefully underperform and another who played 15 games in three years no matter how talented.

• Like 3