Chris Dawes....

dazzledavey36

Inside 50s, hitouts, disposal efficiency, blah blah blah....

Stats are just so meaningless to me at this stage. What I want to see from from a player like Dawes, is a bit of fight and I mean that in the most literal sense possible.

We know the players don't enjoy losing. We see them looking sad in the rooms after the game and telling the media how disappointed they are. But I want to see them show a bit of emotion on the field and take out their frustration on the other 22 blokes who are completely embarrassing them. Wear whatever fine or suspension that comes as a result. There's enough players currently in the VFL who can do as good a job at not winning games footy.

Did Hawthorn gain any respect after they 'drew a line in the sand' that day against Essendon? I say 'yes' but I get that it's debatable. But what's not debatable is the respect they gained once they started winning games and dragged themselves off the bottom of the ladder and into a genuine powerhouse. It was physical intimidation or 'unsociable football' that contributed to that rise. Along with good players, a good game plan, etc etc.

Yes, I get that physical violence sends the wrong message to the children. Somebody's always gotta be thinking of the children. But Melbourne home games aren't exactly a good time. What would've been a good time is seeing some of our senior players physically show us just how frustrated and fed up they are with getting spanked each week, and channel that frustration towards hurting the opposition. Fairly or unfairly, I'd take whatever I can get at this stage.

Stats are just so meaningless to me at this stage. What I want to see from from a player like Dawes, is a bit of fight and I mean that in the most literal sense possible.

hmmm.. With such scrutiny on players would be a ridiculous thing to do.

Dawes is playing poorly but the only thing he does have going for him is he tries to make his tackles and run downs hurt.

His "fight" is not his problem.

hmmm.. With such scrutiny on players would be a ridiculous thing to do.

Dawes is playing poorly but the only thing he does have going for him is he tries to make his tackles and run downs hurt.

His "fight" is not his problem.

As ridiculous and barbaric as it may seem, I'd still get a real kick out of seeing it happen. Doubt I'm alone in feeling that way. I suppose with Dawes having the greatest physical presence he'd have to be the one to get the ball rolling.

We know the players don't enjoy losing. We see them looking sad in the rooms after the game and telling the media how disappointed they are. But I want to see them show a bit of emotion on the field and take out their frustration on the other 22 blokes who are completely embarrassing them. Wear whatever fine or suspension that comes as a result. There's enough players currently in the VFL who can do as good a job at not winning games footy.

Kent and Gawn did that yesterday, Kent had one of their players in a headlock and Gawn was getting stuck in to Devon Smith(?) during the 3rd quarter, the smallish melee resulted in a 50 (Jack Watts was on the mark, the kick went from 5m out on an angle to on the goal line). They didn't show it on TV but it was nice to see someone have a crack at Devon Smith (who is fast becoming my most hated player in the AFL - lippy little SH*T).

Kent and Gawn did that yesterday, Kent had one of their players in a headlock and Gawn was getting stuck in to Devon Smith(?) during the 3rd quarter, the smallish melee resulted in a 50 (Jack Watts was on the mark, the kick went from 5m out on an angle to on the goal line). They didn't show it on TV but it was nice to see someone have a crack at Devon Smith (who is fast becoming my most hated player in the AFL - lippy little SH*T).

When was the last time we had a lippy little [censored] and backed it up like a ballantyne or Smith.

Jeff Farmer?

Our team is built on beautiful personalities

When was the last time we had a lippy little [censored] and backed it up like a ballantyne or Smith.

Jeff Farmer?

Kent could be that guy, he has a bit of spirit about him.

Has to learn to play before he can be that guy, has a long way to go before he catches Ballantyne or Smith and even further to Farmer.

Would prefer he concentrated his energy on improving kicking and decision making. 3 consecutive out of bounds on the full followed by a horrible turnover is going to dent your credibility.

There was one stage yesterday where we were running down the wing and dawes was back peddling away from the ball pointing to space... How about you LEAD at the goddamn kicker!! I've said this for weeks. The blokes confidence is shot, he actually doesn't want the ball. He has been no good since he got suspended. I know the delivery is atrocious but he doesn't do himself any favours by not leading up at the kicker and demanding the ball. I'm not sure what we do with him, hopefully a full pre season is a start

Jeff Farmer?

Yep

I have been saying that for the best part of a decade dd

I have had it up to the top of my bald head with Choir boys.

Would we rather Darling or Watts?

Forwards can try this might seem crazy but i've seen other teams do it: Ball comes in poorly its still 18 per side on the field,stop winging & get your own f***ing ball & when you do kick a f***ing goal, run around happy then do it again, we did have 19 shots at goal after all.

I only have two words for Chris Dawes - Flat Hands

Have you noticed how many times Dawes bobbles the ball in the air after initial impact only to take it on the second grab?

It looks like his hands are behind the ball rather than to the side which to me says his main priority is to minimise turnovers by keeping the ball in front of him rather than maximising his chances of a mark if he had his hands to the side of the ball. His hands are too flat to take overhead marks but if that's the case the rest of the team has to learn to kick it to his chest rather than above his head.

Considering Gawn took some very nice overhead marks to me it just shows that Dawes doesn't have the natural ability to take overheads marks.

Flat Hands.

Spoke to his mother, Chris was actually sick in bed the day they taught 'correct hand positioning when marking' at Auskick.

My feeling is that Chris does not like being between the ball with a defender bearing down on him. By him running towards the goal it would always allow him the easy option of not having to go back against the flight of the ball and will allow him to run into an easy goal.

He needs to man up and lead properly and take the full grunt of the defender like most forwards do.

When Pedo hit form that was the turning point of season. Shouldve dropped Dawes then and there and let Pedo flourish alongside Frawley and Watts. Instead we went on goal drought led by Professor Slappy.

Drop Dawes and keep Watts? What message are you trying to send here?

Drop Dawes and keep Watts? What message are you trying to send here?

I genuinely think that the repeated failure to score has demoralised the midfield and team. Dawes has been the spearhead who has kicked 2.4 in 6 weeks of football averaging 6 effective disposals per game. This is deplorable. Watts 17 silky touches and 3 outrageously weak contest per week pale in comparison to the sustained key post failure of Dawes.

• Like 1