• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Hawthorn

Nasher

Not sure why he trained in the midfield group all summer not to play in there. Put him in the centre and give him a job on someone all day.

Agreed! WTF!? He did a good job in the middle for the PS and early rounds as I recall and then the idea was shelved and back to being an ineffectual HF flanker? Put him back in there we couldn't possibly get less bang for our buck FCS. Somebody spoke recently about the pain of watching players leave the club and be successful elsewhere, i tell you what is worse, having players that you KNOW can deliver, remain at the club and underperform year after year, Watts, Frawley, Garland, Jamar wtf is wrong with this club?

While I agree with most of those, Watts needs to stay in the side. The reason you don't hear his name called has more to do with his teammates inability to spot him up than his inability to get involved. If you attend the game you will see him making lead after lead out of half forward and being totally ignored by teammates who either don't see him or lack the confidence/skills to kick it to him and instead go for riskier and less productive short passes. If we could get a half back or two who are good enough players to see him leading and hit him then his stats and involvement will skyrocket. As he said on TV, the reason he is sometimes seen jogging past the contest is because he's just made six leads, been ignored and is totally stuffed. Yes he still needs to improve his contested work. but his overall workrate is as good as any in the team.

Good point Ralphius. Living o/s i only see games on tv. Last Sunday was my 1st live game since beating GWS last year. I really noticed Watts make several leads to space, providing good uncontested options, only to be ignored.

Out: Jamar, Blease, Tapscott, Mckenzie

In: Gawn, Cross, Grimes, Michie

Need leadership out there and I think Cross and Grimes will be able to provide that. Is particularly important against the no.2 team in the competition. Cross pushes out Mckenzie.

Blease & Tapscott have just not shown enough to deserve a spot ahead of the players coming in. JKH might go instead of Blease as he hasn't done much either.

Jamar - why do I seem to be the only one putting him in the gun this week? Was really found out again Geelong and Brisbane. His lack of mobility around the ground is disappointing and will be telling if both he and Gawn are in the side against a fast moving Hawks. Gawn is in ripping form and should replace Jamar based on that.

Michie is an easy inclusion, gets multiple inside fifties, wins his own ball and spreads well...everything we seem to be missing out there.

Based on Casey report, Matt Jones is close to selection...as is Nicho unfortunately.

Based on Brad Miller's review of Dom Barry's game on Garlett on the weekend, I would love to see him given another chance to impress at the top level...

Dom Barry: Dom had 19 disposals, two tackles, zero missed tackles and zero fumbles. He had the job on Jeff Garlett and played all over the ground, starting on the half-back line. Dom also played a little bit on the wing, inside mid and back-pocket, as the Blues moved Garlett around to try and get an advantage. Playing on a known AFL player, we were really pleased with Dom’s effort, and his ability to limit Garlett’s influence on the game. The only time Garlett looked dangerous was when Dom had minor concentration errors around traffic and stoppages. One resulted in a shot on goal, but for the majority of the day, Dom beat Garlett in any position they played. A great aspect of Dom’s game this week, as well as playing on and beating a good player, was his ability to win his share of the ball, which has been the area lacking in previous weeks. He had it 20-odd times and rarely makes an error by foot. He was also really clean at ground level and gave the ball to a teammate in a better position.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-08-05/vfl-player-review-round-17

• Like 2

Out Blease, Tapscott, Bail, Riley, McKenzie and Terlich

In Buddy Franklin, Gary Ablett, Scott Pendlebury, Nathan Fyfe, Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson

Thats the only way we can win

• Like 1

Hey guys read the Hawks forum for a bit. At least their paying us a TINY bit of respect. Jokes not even a TINY TINY TINY bit of respect. [censored] I really hope we give them a good scare.

you know what gets you respect - winning. We deserve no respect from them.

• Like 5

In Cross, Michie

Out Terlich, Tapscott

No point adding Gawn we don't get our ball deep forward enough to make him a threat, we have stuff all inside 50's and most of these are shallow. Gawn would just be exposed until we can get consistant deep inside 50 entries.

We need to stop Hawthorn of half back, Cross to play a defensive Half Forward and I wouldn't even mind seeing Dunn as a defensive forward and push Frawley back into defense.

My Line up

Jetta McDonald Frawley

Howe Garland Vince

Kent Jones Bail

Cross Pederson Dunn

Watts Dawes JKH

Jamar Viney Tyson

Rielly, Michie, Mckenzie

Sub Blease

In Buddy Franklin, Gary Ablett, Scott Pendlebury, Nathan Fyfe, Joel Selwood, Jobe Watson

Hey guys read the Hawks forum for a bit. At least their paying us a TINY bit of respect. Jokes not even a TINY TINY TINY bit of respect. [censored] I really hope we give them a good scare.

This week is important for the continuing development - a win is out of the question.

It would be great to see a better effort against a top team. We've only done this once (imo) against the Swans.

Against Geelong and Collingwood, we were sooooo soft.

Of your list, two are injured (Ablett, Watson) and one might be (Franklin) and yet, I still think you're correct that with these changes we would be a better team.

It would be great to see a better effort against a top team. We've only done this once (imo) against the Swans.

I wouldn't even credit that one, it was 31 points but the low scoring really masked the true story, 69-38, scoring shots 24-13, i-50s 37 to 57.. under normal circumstances that was a 10 goal loss

I wouldn't even credit that one, it was 31 points but the low scoring really masked the true story, 69-38, scoring shots 24-13, i-50s 37 to 57.. under normal circumstances that was a 10 goal loss

Yay, my favourite game! The one where we start taking the actual scores, then start scaling them based on whatever we think the scores *should* have been, then start talking about those fictional scores as if they are the ones that matter. While you're there C&B, can you please turn the Adelaide and Essendon games in to losses - I don't think we had a right to win those. Make Collingwood a 70 point loss, Freo 100, but make GWS, St Kilda, Port and WB x 2 narrow victories - ta.

Appreciate that - but I was at the game, up close, and the boys really dug in for a scrap. I'm only referencing the game as I was sitting near the fence and there were many stoppages near me all night....Tyson, Cross, Vince and the little bald master really went hard.

They really hurt their opponents, making every possession a hot one....it was good to see and hear.

Yay, my favourite game! The one where we start taking the actual scores, then start scaling them based on whatever we think the scores *should* have been, then start talking about those fictional scores as if they are the ones that matter. While you're there C&B, can you please turn the Adelaide and Essendon games in to losses - I don't think we had a right to win those. Make Collingwood a 70 point loss, Freo 100, but make GWS, St Kilda, Port and WB x 2 narrow victories - ta.

they (the 'shouldabeen' scores) ARE the ones that matter

you are obviously one of the many geniuses around here that think losing by a point is the same as losing by 100

doesn't take Einstein to do a tiny bit of analysis beyond the scoreline. I know it is easier to look at two numbers on the match report and leave it at that but I don't think that's why people visit this site.

Appreciate that - but I was at the game, up close, and the boys really dug in for a scrap. I'm only referencing the game as I was sitting near the fence and there were many stoppages near me all night....Tyson, Cross, Vince and the little bald master really went hard.

They really hurt their opponents, making every possession a hot one....it was good to see and hear.

fair enough.

I just remember thinking after the game that we had been easily accounted for and I haven't seen another situation where we matched it with the best (unless you count Port, twice)

Im hoping that Roos and the match committee make a statement this week about the "standards required" to play AFL

Out: Bleaase, McKenzie & Tapscott

In: Cross, Mitchie & Jones.

Barry is my pick out of the box to get a game.

Yes his match review was extremely positive

In Cross, Michie

Out Terlich, Tapscott

No point adding Gawn we don't get our ball deep forward enough to make him a threat, we have stuff all inside 50's and most of these are shallow. Gawn would just be exposed until we can get consistant deep inside 50 entries.

We need to stop Hawthorn of half back, Cross to play a defensive Half Forward and I wouldn't even mind seeing Dunn as a defensive forward and push Frawley back into defense.

My Line up

Jetta McDonald Frawley

Howe Garland Vince

Kent Jones Bail

Cross Pederson Dunn

Watts Dawes JKH

Jamar Viney Tyson

Rielly, Michie, Mckenzie

Sub Blease

From the reviews it seems that Gawn is actually getting around the ground quiet well, so for that alone you might get him in for Jamar. Quality marking is also valuable in other areas of the ground. Get him taking some grabs on the wing as a link option and we might actually get some run in to the fwd 50. Even as a marking bailout option on the d50 line would be advantageous seeing as though we struggle so hard to get it out.

I'd like to see him in.

you are obviously one of the many geniuses around here that think losing by a point is the same as losing by 100

That conclusion is... interesting.

I'm one of the geniuses that think the only scores that matter are the ones that actually happened.

I've seen as many games where I thought the score line looked harsh in comparison to how we played, and games where we played poorly but for some reason, weren't punished. The history books will show that Sydney beat us by 31, not the 60 you've recorded on your head, and if they were unable to punish us when they're clearly a class above, surely some of the credit has to go to our side anyway. Certainly I thought that at the time.

Having read a few of the post-debacle reports around the place, wouldn't surprise me if this was a minimal-change week.

Perhaps it's more Roos style: making the players accountable, giving them the responsibility for getting back on track (as opposed to bringing in players from the VFL) etc. etc.

We shall see.