Post Match Discussion - Never in doubt

Demonland

My nephew is a mad bombers fan but very much in denial, told me asada have nothing and are trying to Bully them, needless to say I told him some painful truths as well as texting him the song several times

Geez he is a bloody average footballer

As I recall he was a top 5 pick, taken couple of spots after Jack Watts in the same draft, and not long ago he signed a 5 year 500k per season deal

Deserves a lot of media scrutiny, they love to talk trash on Watts lack of physicality well Hurley has 12 kg;'s on him and never does anything physical and never imposes himself on a contest

Don't forget the hair... that laughable men-bun enrages me greatly!

• Like 1

What is that? Is there a who can have the shortest ponytail competition going?

Too many of those things going around. I guess trying to balance out the influx of manly beards.

I thought the urban hippy man bun was all the rage over in Melbourne??

It's still not as ugly as the one with the face like a dropped pie - Daniher.

Just watching the replay at the moment. Can we petition foxtel to drop Little Der Wayne? I never took much notice until recently but he is truly horrible.

That he (Bernie) is comfortable with being a B grader when he could become an A grader.

I found it a dumb comment. If it were that easy everyone would be an A grader.

What a jerk he is, Bernie is like the rest of the players he is given a job and has to carry it out.

Roos has consistently said that no one player has to try to win the match for us and I guess Healey goes back to the days when a superstar was supposed to carry you over the line.

• Like 1

What a jerk he is, Bernie is like the rest of the players he is given a job and has to carry it out.

Roos has consistently said that no one player has to try to win the match for us and I guess Healey goes back to the days when a superstar was supposed to carry you over the line.

You are correct Robbie however I could handle one of those you still need them to be up the top of the ladder.

• Like 1

You are correct Robbie however I could handle one of those you still need them to be up the top of the ladder.

Too true OD but they need to be able to play the game as members of the team not as individual stars. Judd is great at bringing others in to the play, that's the sort I'd like to have in the side.

Bomberblitz is good for a laugh

Just read this

"Just heard some of Paul Roos presser. Said they were lucky Bombers didn't put them away when they had the chance and not to be a 7-8 goal loss.

What he didn't say "...I have no game plan, our players are ****. We have only 11 inside 50s at half time.....but I think the Bombers will just fall apart and give us the game anyways and I will look good". Grrrrr"

Too true OD but they need to be able to play the game as members of the team not as individual stars. Judd is great at bringing others in to the play, that's the sort I'd like to have in the side.

No argument from me Robbie above covers it well

ELEVATOR DRIVER by Whispering Jack

"Elevator Driver carry me please

Elevator Driver move

Elevator Driver carry me please

Elevator Driver move

Past the stories of confusion

To my penthouse of illusion,

Elevator Driver" ~ from the song by the Masters Apprentices

Teams, like colours, rise and ebb.

When Melbourne last faced Essendon it was a Saturday night at the MCG early last year and in an atmosphere of helpless desperation they surrendered to an opponent which had something to prove in the wake of the raging supplements scandal.

The mood of the supporters that night was one of anger and loss of hope as the Bombers treated their team to the tune of a 148-point crushing. Callers to late night talk back spoke in agonising terms of how their club and the players had betrayed them - so early in the season, the team was languishing deep in the basement.

A lot happened after that night but the pain would persist throughout a season that saw two coaches come and go with little to enthuse the faithful or give rise to any hope that the team could lift itself out of those depths.

The club needed something or at least someone to take control of its on field fortunes and to start a process whereby it could see some movement forward and upward.

Enter the elevator driver - Paul Roos.

He came to the club, rolled up his sleeves and began to work on its personnel, training and preparation, its tactics, strategy, its psychology and its culture and team philosophy. His advent has not come without controversy or criticism as was seen last week from the output of some of the more hysterical types in the media who were lashing the emphasis on defence which saw the team struggle to score goals in the final quarter and a half against Collingwood on Queens Birthday.

Never mind that playing ugly has already seen Roos coach such ducklings and transform them quickly into premiership Swans in another time.

Never mind that against Essendon, Roos' team was so defensive in mindset that it conceded 14 inside 50s before going into its own attacking circle and were goalless at quarter time - it's second consecutive term without a major score.

Never mind because the Demons plugged away, hustling and bustling and thanks to the sterling play of those defenders, led by Lynden Dunn, Tom McDonald, Neville Jetta, Col Garland and co dominating in the opposition's half, they had stayed within striking distance.

Their efforts were reinforced by the efforts of Jordie McKenzie and Daniel Cross who had specific jobs to do, the Demon defence forced Essendon to butcher the ball under pressure, miss goals and targets and more importantly expend vital energy reserves in moving across the field to counter Melbourne's new found style.

And so despite falling behind by 33 points by early in the second half, Melbourne was able to lift its game to the top floor.

Inspired by the indefatigable leadership of Nathan Jones, the rising talents of Dom Tyson and Jack Viney, the experience and class of Bernie Vince and on a wave of power ruckwork from Mark Jamar, the turnaround came and the Demons struck the unsuspecting Bombers in the heart.

Taking over in the midfield, the opportunities started presenting to the forwards who all played their part and in the end, a couple of unlikely young heroes in Dean Kent and Christian Salem played their part in bringing down the Bombers and signalling another move upward for their club.

And you can put it all down to great team effort and another small triumph for the elevator operator.

Melbourne 0.3.3 3.3.21 7.6.48 12.6.78

Essendon 2.4.16 5.12.42 8.12.60 10.17.77

Goals

Melbourne Kent Frawley Pedersen Watts 2 Grimes N Jones Salem Vince

Essendon Zaharakis 4 Ambrose Chapman Daniher Goddard Merrett Ryder

Best

Melbourne Dunn N Jones Viney Pederson Jamar Tyson

Essendon Zaharakis Goddard Heppell Hibberd Carlisle Ambrose

Changes

Melbourne Nil

Essendon Fletcher replaced in the selected side by Kavanaugh

Injuries

Melbourne Nil

Essendon Nil

Reports

Melbourne Nil

Essendon Nil

Reports

Melbourne Nil

Essendon Nil

Umpires Justin Schmitt Troy Pannell Brendan Hosking

Crowd 44,622 at the MCG

In memory of Jim Keays an Australian master musician and a Demon fan who passed away last week at far too young an age

• Like 5

Morning all. Sorry such an infrequent poster, still nothing original to add, but geez, fifteen hours and the glow still hasn't worn off. Just wanted to share it with someone (house full of females - they don't understand)

Just wandered over to Bomberblitz. Is there a better show in town right now? Love the bloke who lets loose with a tirade against any Dees supporters who happen to be wandering by. They should freeze-dry the whole site and ship it off to the Comedy Festival.

• Like 6

I thought the urban hippy man bun was all the rage over in Melbourne??

The only thing better than winning is beating a bunch of bloody drug cheats

It's still not as ugly as the one with the face like a dropped pie - Daniher.

Just watching the replay at the moment. Can we petition foxtel to drop Little Der Wayne? I never took much notice until recently but he is truly horrible.

Is there really a need for this?

• Like 2

The deliberate OOB was pretty much right in front of us. Dreadful decision. The Essendon player was right on his hammer.

In real time ot looked outrageous. IN slow mo it looked right,.

And in fairness they did pay one against Ess afterwards over near the old bay 13 that was marginal.

• Like 2

M. Hird

J'espère que vous avez regardé l'ensemble du jeu, et étranglée sur votre croissant du matin. Il montre à juste titre que le travail acharné et l'effort honnête peuvent finalement vaincre la tricherie et la prise de drogue.

D'un démon extatique

et chacun pour soi, salop