GAMEDAY - Round 9

Sorry I can't be with you folks but I'm sailing off the coast of Baja California in a southerly direction to Cabo San Lucas and its Friday afternoon here so I can safely tip the Swans to win the Friday night AFL game.

Hope the Dees win too and that Maxy does well!!!

Will be interesting to see if Maxi adds to our fwd structure and allows Dawes to not have to carry the whole load. Hopefully we can get some crumbers at his feet to snaffle a few.

While we have improved in the midfield Tigs have a much better set up than us. I see it coming down to can we stop Vickery and Reiwoldt with Macca and Pedo/Garls combo's. i don't know if we can. Tigs by 20.

Whenever a new player debuts (PIGDOG!) you have this excitement that you might see something extraordinary .. unfortunately now with the sub rule, when a player debuts they are usually the sub, which I assume Riley will be today. Oh well, let's hope for an extraordinary 1.5 quarters.

still paying 5.00 for a win, I just don't get that at all.. should be 2.50 or something like that

How are we $5 tigers have been no more impressive than us this year, and we have beaten them already this year

Interested to see the impact of the bye today. Last year teams coming of the bye started the next week slowly. Playing Richmond is all about stopping the momentum of Richmond's long list of front running B Graders. Hit them hard early and dont give them easy ball on the outside and your half way there. Best of luck to Riley today, really keen to see what he brings to the team as I have not seen him play at any level.

C'Bet offering $5.40 for dees to win with (1-39) point margin.

But as I don't bet on football, I will have to let that slide.

few choice stats, averages from this season us v them

350.6 Disposals 359.4
8.5 Goals 11.9
43.4 Inside 50s 50.1
71% Effective Disposals % 71.3%
33.9 Clearances 43.3

interesting stat, our previous encounters

2013: loss
2012 r15: win
2012 r 3: loss
2011: win

guess that means its our turn

Don't think Pigdog will be the sub - mature aged recruit, turning it on the last few weeks. Yes he missed a good chunk of preseason but has done a solitary preseason building up to his vfl debut. Hard mature body that will last the full game. Reckon unfortunately for the kid it'll be Salem again and then a return to the magoo's to build match fitness and come home the last 6-8 games for full games. And Toumpas to come in for the same treatment when he goes back down. Build the base and not overwork the kids that haven't necessarily got the tank or mature body to last full games and full seasons - get them right to have a long fulfilled career. None if this gifting games and hoping the bodies build while the kids are getting smashed

We must come out absolutely ferociously and attack like wild dogs... If we take our chances early we can win this. They drop their bundles very easily.

Go dees

Unfortunately cannot attend today for health reasons. However, we are a strong chance and I have made a modest investment. It may sound ridiculous, given the bloke hasn't played all year, but I believe Gawn could be a significant factor. If he can take a couple of marks early it will unsettle the toiges as they will have great difficulty covering both him and Dawes.

In deference to my health, I have two bottles of shiraz breathing already.

• Like 1

Unfortunately cannot attend today for health reasons. However, we are a strong chance and I have made a modest investment. It may sound ridiculous, given the bloke hasn't played all year, but I believe Gawn could be a significant factor. If he can take a couple of marks early it will unsettle the toiges as they will have great difficulty covering both him and Dawes.

Glad you've got your medicine prepared.

• Like 2

Sorry I can't be with you folks but I'm sailing off the coast of Baja California in a southerly direction to Cabo San Lucas and its Friday afternoon here so I can safely tip the Swans to win the Friday night AFL game.

poor bastard....feel for you

Unfortunately cant be with you as SWMBO has me otherwise employed in Bacchus Marsh.

If our defence can frustrate Riewoldt then Toiges will be stifled. Richmond wont like our new style of keepings off.

All the best to the Dog on debut.Sick'em !!

2 bottles of medicine are you sharing with O.D.?

I might have a glass of Tyrrells at the ground.

You think you are sick?

I hope our Maxy goes well.

But your little yacht wouldn't be a Super MAXI would it?

Ahhhh medicinal wine.... Helps everything :)

As the saying goes - Alcohol....the cause and cure of all life's woes

No changes to either side.

Subs: Lennon and JKH

Some will be disappointed to see JKH as the sub but I like it as Salem and Riley will both start and it shows how much Roos wants to look after these younger players and not throw them to the wolves from the outset. Roos knows JKH has earned his spot but, by giving him the vest, it shows he is trying to prolong his time in the side without burning him out.