Players to target at the end of the year

Extremely strange because I would say that I heard it literally from the horses mouth .....& I do believe hawthorn (as I mentioned) is in vic?? But the extremely keen part is not in the equation

I think the horses mouth wold know how to spell their name correctly

• Like 2

Sorry my bad with spelling but will cop constructive criticism not just being a smartarse for the sake of it. Is there any point passing on info that is reliable ....I don't get any brownie points for doing this....we all love the same team don't we. I am sure all teams would love DYLAN SHIEL but realistically not every team has any hope of getting him. So I guess only the teams that are in a position to bid for him would ? Oh & Machy don't personally know him so point not taken !

If it were a choice between Treloar and Shiel, then I'd go for Treloar... Shiel looks a solid player, but Treloar is in the top ten midfielders in the comp this year... Easy choice really...

Seems to be a massive group crush thing happening here with Shiel... I'd say Cameron and Treloar are way better players than Shiel...

• Like 1

They wouldn't be saying that if they WATCHED him play in the SNAFL as a 17 year old

Not wanting to have a go at you DF but before the naysayers on here respond to your post expect these two names to be thrown back at you

Same was said of Toumpas & Trengove

A lot of slices of the humble pie might well be dished out.

plenty of players that take 2-3 years before they start to get going at the top levels and go on to be elite

And plenty that never ever go on to be (What's that over used cliche?) Ohhhh Elite!

Let's see Wilson write a few story on her Tigers with a Yellow and Black Tank emblazened across the front page of her workplace.

Never Forget...

Not wanting to have a go at you DF but before the naysayers on here respond to your post expect these two names to be thrown back at you

Dont worry mate its a forum and dont take anything from a forum as an insult. You could be tight but from what I have seen Toump will be fine. Played against men as a 17 YO and know he will come on

Edited by Demon Forever
  • Like 1

I'd hate to suggest it but surely if we finish bottom 3 again an application for a priority pick will be made, we're sitting on 37 wins in 8 seasons

• Like 2

Dont worry mate its a forum and dont take anything from a forum as an insult. You could be tight but from what I have seen Toump will be fine. Played against men as a 17 YO and know he will come on

No I wasn't trying to be right, I rate both Trengove and Toumpas, just need to get the bodies right

I hate this FA rubbish. Chip obviously wants success and would prefer to remain a Dee and get the success but he needs to consider that statistically the wealthy clubs will play more finals and win more flags.

Where are the Dees now? On the right track but still a loooooong way behind the leaders.

Forwards - 1 untired youngster with loads of potential and short at least 1 ket tall and a quality crumber (JKH, Kent??)

Mids - Light on for size and experience with no depth. Basically held together by Jones, Vince, Cross and Tyson with support from Viney, and some C graders

Backs - Good backline with at least some depth. Missing a key running defender to break the lines (Maceski??)

If I was Chip what would I do?. Hang around for less money knowing we are at least 2 draft/trade perods away from getting a decent list, thats if everything falls our way and we dont loose players we need to keep . Best scenario is finals next year but realy making up the numbers for at least 2-3. At the Dees he will be 29-30 before the club hits a realistic window and thats if all goes strictly to plan. The alternative is walk away now and start playing finals and give yourself a chance for a flag, and earn more money with probably better facilities and support.

I hate it but if I was pragmatic and in his position I would walk. if he does it will be to a club that gives him what he wants, a chance to be successful money is secondary because he wont be offered stupid amounts like Scully was. It wont be GWS and I recon less likely to be GC. he will have the choice of the Pies, the hawks and the Cats and if I was him given the lists I would head to the pies, The Cats and Hawks have old lists they need to regenerate while the Pies are coming out iof a bit of rebuild and performing well.

• Like 2

I hate this FA rubbish. Chip obviously wants success and would prefer to remain a Dee and get the success but he needs to consider that statistically the wealthy clubs will play more finals and win more flags.

Where are the Dees now? On the right track but still a loooooong way behind the leaders.

Forwards - 1 untired youngster with loads of potential and short at least 1 ket tall and a quality crumber (JKH, Kent??)

Mids - Light on for size and experience with no depth. Basically held together by Jones, Vince, Cross and Tyson with support from Viney, and some C graders

Backs - Good backline with at least some depth. Missing a key running defender to break the lines (Maceski??)

If I was Chip what would I do?. Hang around for less money knowing we are at least 2 draft/trade perods away from getting a decent list, thats if everything falls our way and we dont loose players we need to keep . Best scenario is finals next year but realy making up the numbers for at least 2-3. At the Dees he will be 29-30 before the club hits a realistic window and thats if all goes strictly to plan. The alternative is walk away now and start playing finals and give yourself a chance for a flag, and earn more money with probably better facilities and support.

I hate it but if I was pragmatic and in his position I would walk. if he does it will be to a club that gives him what he wants, a chance to be successful money is secondary because he wont be offered stupid amounts like Scully was. It wont be GWS and I recon less likely to be GC. he will have the choice of the Pies, the hawks and the Cats and if I was him given the lists I would head to the pies, The Cats and Hawks have old lists they need to regenerate while the Pies are coming out iof a bit of rebuild and performing well.

A good summary. For Chip another likely contributing factor is the close mates he has remaining at the club; and just as importantly those who have left. I don't know but seem to recall he was close to Petterd, Rivers, etc.

A lot on here think loyalty is all about clubs, the reality is loyalty at clubs is more about mates. The comradeship gained season after season battling through all levels of adversity and the enjoyment of celebrating the victories and achievements. The close bonds (and it is not with every member of the team, that doesn’t happen) formed over 5-10 years at a football club will normally last a lifetime – break this up, then the reason is to stay is diminished.

Of course clubs are good at providing new bonds when they maintain the spread in age demographics.

and yes there will always be individuals that differ from thisfor example B Harvey. A good mate of mine also continues to play on with predominately players 15+ years his junior, devoid of any of his mates from yesteryear or even a couple of years ago; but thats more about the enjoyment of the game (on and off field).

GWS have a few real quality young mids who are already impacting games. If we could poach one of Shiel, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliott, Coniglio and get a later first round pick back like we did with the Dom Tyson trade last year we'll be laughing.

As much as I would love that I don't think it would happen with Shiel, Treloar, or Coniglio.

All are performing in the firsts, only a direct swap would be sufficient. We got Tyson so cheap because he had been injury riddled and hadn't really cemented himself as a future star - the other three you stated have.

I just heard John Patton say he was a Melbourne supporter growing up which means nothing, but there are few handy AFL players who supported Melbourne growing up.

Indeed.

We all know it means nothing until we hear from his grandmother.

• Like 2

I just read on the HS website that we are linked to Shaun Higgins and Jarryn Geary.

People's thoughts on these 2?

I would have thought Higgins might be a bit too old and injury prone but Geary might be a handy acquisition