Players to target at the end of the year

Read an article about Scott Burns . While he may be better than Neeld(not saying much) I feel mfc need an experienced Coach to takeover from Roos. BT would be the choice for me to take over in 2016 with ling under his wing. Ideally keep Roos for 8 years would be great. Sure Burns may be able to Coach well but he doesn't have the pulling power of a Roos or Thompson .

Gibbs Kruezer and swallow are stars. Not b graders. Need a balance. Not all one or the other. Only one heartbeat isn't enough time to consider giving up draft choices. The pressure is on the club to use the draft choice wisely. Melbourne are shockers in that regard.

quote name="Curry & Beer" post="958506" timestamp="1405659410"]

hmmm agree only to an extent.. let's ignore the last 3 drafts, as they are too young, and take the 5 before that as a decent sample set

2010: Swallow, Bennell, Day, Gaff, Polec

2009: Scully, Trengove, Martin, Morabito, Cunnington

2008: Watts, Naitanui, Hill, Hartlett, Hurley

2007: Kruezer, Cotchin, Masten, Morton, Grant

2006: Gibbs, Gumbleton, Hanson, Leuenberger, Boak

In that group of 25 there is a LOT of talent, randomly getting 2 of them you would be pretty happy. However, I agree, if it's that or someone like Dangerfield - forget it, take the established player

Edited by thaipantsman

If the deal was offered tomorrow picks 3&4 for a Jeremy Cameron or Patrick Dangerfield I reckon we would take it without too much hesitation

If the deal was offered tomorrow picks 3&4 for a Jeremy Cameron or Patrick Dangerfield I reckon we would take it without too much hesitation

I think so :))

Danger yes but not Cameron

Edited by thaipantsman

May need to relieve Grimes of the Captaincy. Just go with Jones.

Off topic I have previously posted Matt jones isn't quite up to it. While he does get the ball he's not damaging. Glad he got dropped. He may make it back but needed a rest. Hope Blease gets a run.

I think so :))

Danger yes but not Cameron

I'd personally still do that deal for Cameron, I think he has shown enough to say he could easily be the best forward in the game for a long time, being All Australian at his age as a key forward in such a poor team is no small feet, in melbournes side with Dawes and Hogan up there as well the opposition wouldn't be able to double and triple team him and he'd be even more dangerous in my opinion

agree on the captaincy, if it has to be co captains i'd like to see Jones, Dunn and Dawes

Turns 30 next month, I wonder how his body is holding up

Still playing great footy regardless

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-sydney-swans--nick-malceski

Averaging 24 touches and hasn't had under 20 possessions since round 2, with a season low of 18 in round 1

Unbelievable consistency

100% agree and you never know what could happen

I love him as a player but I am a little concerned about diluting our compo for a 30 year old, I wonder if we can reach a trade for a later pick as that's all the swans would get as compo, or if he refuses to re-sign we could get him as a delisted free agent?

i can't believe we'd recruit a free agent this year that would impact upon our compensation for frawley leaving.

I don't believe we would do that either, might chuck a late pick the Swans way or something to get it done without going the FA route... if we can actually do that...

• Like 1

I don't believe we would do that either, might chuck a late pick the Swans way or something to get it done without going the FA route... if we can actually do that...

We can, I believe Port did that to gain monfries without diluting the compo for Pearce and Chaplin and I think Rodan may also have been a free agent when we picked him up for a late pick

it seems to be our version of the NBA sign and trade idea

We can, I believe Port did that to gain monfries without diluting the compo for Pearce and Chaplin and I think Rodan may also have been a free agent when we picked him up for a late pick

it seems to be our version of the NBA sign and trade idea

Yeah that makes sense, I recall us doing a late pick for Rodan, and I think the Eagles did the same for Morton. Works for me!

Yeah that makes sense, I recall us doing a late pick for Rodan, and I think the Eagles did the same for Morton. Works for me!

Absolutely I reckon that's the way to do it in this case, if we could land him with a fourth rounder or something it would be a great get.

I can't read the full article. But I would think Malceski would be using us as a back up plan. I'm sure his preference is to stay in Sydney but if they don't offer him the coin or years then he'd go with us. I've got absolutely no doubt Roos would be keen on a player of his skill set it's just a matter of price.

For a trade to work to avoid our free agency compensation being tarnished (presuming Frawley goes) then we'd have to offer Sydney as much as what they'd get in free agency compensation. I'd say Malceski might get similar to Sylvia in a 2nd round pick. Of course there second round pick might be almost equal to our third round pick. But then again we might need that for Billy Stretch.

Just hypotheticals but plenty of water to go under the bridge.

• Like 4

Read an article about Scott Burns . While he may be better than Neeld(not saying much) I feel mfc need an experienced Coach to takeover from Roos. BT would be the choice for me to take over in 2016 with ling under his wing. Ideally keep Roos for 8 years would be great. Sure Burns may be able to Coach well but he doesn't have the pulling power of a Roos or Thompson .

I don't want Brian Taylor coaching us, what was his record like at Prahan? and wouldn't Lingy be sick of working with him after all those Saturday night games riding the boundary line?

i can't believe we'd recruit a free agent this year that would impact upon our compensation for frawley leaving.

malceski > frawley

even with age. 2-3 years of decent footy from malceski would be a win. trade pick 3 or whatever our first round pick for an established mid.

If we can get Cameron for one early pick, do it.

But I imagine this could be about shaking the KPP tree and seeing which midfield-shaped apples fall down...

much prefer to give P-4 & P-23 for Shiel & Tomlinson,,, than using our 1st, P-3 on Cameron.

then we can use P-3 on Petracca or ??????, or Treloar/Coniglio & Jaksch?

Cross was an exception, we don't need to have a discussion on every 30+ aged player that's near the end. People have mentioned judd, maxwell, o'keefe. Cross was a one off, who's body was in exceptional condition for someone his age and he is the perfect role model for the younger players.

Let's not make MFC retirement home for players past it. No more Brynes etc please.