Frankston v Casey Scorpions

Whispering_Jack

Roos has shown a reluctance to panic. He wont rush anyone (Dont think he'll stand for any nonsense either )

Refreshingly different isnt it.

• Like 3

Garland has played a large portion of his time as a small defender. He's probably played more good footy as a small than as a tall.

I think we'll see him play another week or two in the VFL until he gets proper match fitness.

I think we'll see him this week. 2 games, Dawes played none. I think it will be at the expense of Jetta or maybe Terlich.

• Like 1

I think we'll see him this week. 2 games, Dawes played none. I think it will be at the expense of Jetta or maybe Terlich.

Rawlings stated that we'd see him in round 7, 8 or 9.

Dawes at least had a few runs in the preseason. He lost some fitness, but he still had a base to build upon. Garland, unfortunately, has been out for a few months and has almost zero fitness base.

But it is also possible that we'll see him back next week, depending on how he went for Casey today.

What about the blonde girl in number 4.

He was absolutely woeful today. Totally disinterested and lazy. Banish him to Casey for a month. Roosy needs to make it known that he will not accept any passengers, which one JW is a massive culprit of.

Edited by Demon Disciple

He was definitely playing and got a lot of the ball early.

I wasn't at the game but got the scores and some descriptions from Casey Radio.

Garland also did well in what was a scrappy game. I would think it would be sufficient for him to pull up well to get a game at Melbourne next week.

Toump got smashed going up for a contest. Off with concussion by the looks of it in the second quarter. Came back in the third for a couple of minutes and came off for the rest of the game. Those of you saying he's an outside receiver only had better get their heads around the fact that he's more than that. Watch the kid actually play.

Salem was sensational! Today proved to me that the knobs in the media have no idea. Tyson AND Salem for Kelly was, and still is, a no brainer. Salem is class personified!!!!

• Like 2

Rawlings stated that we'd see him in round 7, 8 or 9.

Dawes at least had a few runs in the preseason. He lost some fitness, but he still had a base to build upon. Garland, unfortunately, has been out for a few months and has almost zero fitness base.

But it is also possible that we'll see him back next week, depending on how he went for Casey today.

Just think we really will need him. At the moment Tommy Mc is our key defender if Frawley is to play forward. He needs help...

Having said that it maybe more a wish than a reality.

• Like 1

Toump got smashed going up for a contest. Off with concussion by the looks of it in the second quarter. Came back in the third for a couple of minutes and came off for the rest of the game. Those of you saying he's an outside receiver only had better get their heads around the fact that he's more than that. Watch the kid actually play.

Salem was sensational! Today proved to me that the knobs in the media have no idea. Tyson AND Salem for Kelly was, and still is, a no brainer. Salem is class personified!!!!

It's what you want to see of a kid coming in with good wraps. He needs to get these 30+ possession games at VFL level and knock the doors down.

Was nice to see Dermie (I think) on the telly earlier in the week defending our trade and speaking a lot of sense. Basically saying for the position our club was in, getting two very good players (one established) was a better deal than getting one potentially great player.

If Salem blossoms the way we hope he does, plenty of media "experts" will have egg on their faces (the smug faces of Tim Watson, Luke Darcy and Wayne Carey spring to mind, with their brain cell obliterating rubbish on Talking Footy).

• Like 1

So you'd play Garland in Terlich's role, as a small? Or Jetta's (whatever that was today)?

If he plays small, would there be match fitness concerns? He's done it before, so that could definitely work (and I'd take Garland over Terlich any day of the week whilst Terlich continues to be disastrous with the ball).

Garland is a versatile player who can play on both tall and small opposition forwards

It's what you want to see of a kid coming in with good wraps. He needs to get these 30+ possession games at VFL level and knock the doors down.

Rj, he smashed the door down. He comes straight in for me. Don't know who for, but Salem has to come under consideration next week. Toump should too, if fit. I think both will add to our team. Toump's last two weeks and first Quarter and a half were really good as well. Need to blood the next gen and start getting games into them I think.

I think our biggest concerns are a second ruck and some class and pace on the half back flank. Unfortunately we don't really have either of those on our list at the moment.

Also I was originally of the idea that Salam should play 5 or 6 in a row before he gets a look in but if there is the need for some "outs" this week I wouldn't mind him playing as the sub with the knowledge he is getting a taste at AFL level but then the chance to go back to VFL and try and beat that standard.

• Like 1

Rj, he smashed the door down. He comes straight in for me. Don't know who for, but Salem has to come under consideration next week. Toump should too, if fit. I think both will add to our team. Toump's last two weeks and first Quarter and a half were really good as well. Need to blood the next gen and start getting games into them I think.

That's great to hear mate, it's also what I was hoping he would do.

Can anyone believe we got JKH for pick 40?? Can't name another pick from 20 onwards in last year's draft that's shown as much potential as him.

He looks lively but Matt Crouch looks pretty useful the last fortnight. JKH shows the willingness to learn which will see him be a very good player combined with his enthusiasm, pressure, speed and x factor.

The desire to succeed and willingness to learn is the clearest distinction between JKH & Blease

• Like 2

He looks lively but Matt Crouch looks pretty useful the last fortnight. JKH shows the willingness to learn which will see him be a very good player combined with his enthusiasm, pressure, speed and x factor.

The desire to succeed and willingness to learn is the clearest distinction between JKH & Blease

Matt Crouch was always going to succeed with his mongrel attitude and will. He was a steal at pick 20+.

JKH has a lot going for him, it will be good to see him push up the ground where I think he will be a bigger success than as a small forward, he has a lot of game sense.

I think we'll see him (Garland) & Jamar in 2 weeks time. for the Crows game. for what its worth, I think Garland will play forward, with Dunn & Frawley. Pederson out against the crows, when Garland returns.

Clisby around that time as well.

Blease has great top speed and acceleration, but I'm really not sure about his agility.

Almost the reverse when it comes to JKH.

Matt Crouch was always going to succeed with his mongrel attitude and will. He was a steal at pick 20+.

JKH has a lot going for him, it will be good to see him push up the ground where I think he will be a bigger success than as a small forward, he has a lot of game sense.

Crouch dominated yesterday, was very busy.

He should be a demon, will come back to bite us.

• Like 1

its pretty simple georgio has to go when garland is back for team balance, Pederson goes when Hogan can get fit

really ??

I reckon ol Alex is far more relable and all round useful than Tommy currently.

We often fall into the trap of letting past seasons dictate our ability to be clinical in reviewing players.

Mac needs a run in the poos . Hes way off his best. Needs to find it again quick smart or hes going to be another looking for a club come seasons end

really ??

I reckon ol Alex is far more relable and all round useful than Tommy currently.

We often fall into the trap of letting past seasons dictate our ability to be clinical in reviewing players.

Mac needs a run in the poos . Hes way off his best. Needs to find it again quick smart or hes going to be another looking for a club come seasons end

McDonald was fantastic against the Blues last week. He had one off week, he's not "way off his best".