SMALL MERCIES - POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Are some people really moaning about Josh Kelly? The Wines/Toumpas stuff is tiresome enough. Tyson has been great so far and Salem will get his chance later in the year. Josh Kelly looks great (as a #2 pick should, mind you) and I'm sure GWS are happy with their side of the bargain. Shock horror. Early days but looks like a classic win/win trade, and the least of our worries...

• Like 5

We so desperately need a leader who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and power through the midfield and/or kick that clutch goal.

I love Grimesy but for some reason he is going backwards more so this year. I love Jonesy (and I know he was injured today) but he will never be more than a good B grade mid.

What we would give for a Jobe, a Joel, a Gaz or a Pendles.

I don't know why anyone would want to come to us other than the almighty $$$ but once Danger comes out of contract I would throw everything we have at him as I can't see us getting anyone else and we definitely don't know how to develop them.

• Like 1

Someone give me one reason why I should watch next week? Every time I take three hours out of my precious weekend, that's time with my family or time doing something productive that I'm not getting, and all I get out of it is frustration and disappointment.

I watch footy for entertainment. The last two weeks have left me feeling so immensely bored that all it is becoming is a complete waste of time. I don't even want to watch the good teams play any more. I'm currently supporting this team out of obligation. I'm not sure how much longer I can hang on.

answer this question:

Are you a Melbourne tragic ?

If yes...you'll watch

If no....you were fibbing

• Like 3

Are some people really moaning about Josh Kelly? The Wines/Toumpas stuff is tiresome enough. Tyson has been great so far and Salem will get his chance later in the year. Josh Kelly looks great (as a #2 pick should, mind you) and I'm sure GWS are happy with their side of the bargain. Shock horror. Early days but looks like a classic win/win trade, and the least of our worries...

Yes we are moaning already when you see our midfileld group with such sloppy disposals in the wet & along comes Kelly. For 2 weeks in a row now he looks in a different class.

Wines would have made a big difference today, and i am a huge fan of Toumpas, at some point we have to look at our decisions and say, this is a club fighting for it's life, do we really need a project, at draft time we knew Ollie would be good, but felt Toumpas in time would be better, just don't think we realised we didn't have the time to wait

• Like 3

Like others, I'm getting tired and bored of the constant turnovers, the wayward kicks, the handballs to players standing still.

It's the same nonsense, week in, week out.

What's more astonishing is that some players are not - to borrow a phrase Daniel Cross used in the week - hellbent on winning.

Absolute amateur hour.

I forgot to mention dropped marks, usually chest marks.

Highlight of the day was watching Jack Watts get pushed out of a marking contest by Tom Scully. Pfffffffffftttttt

Wines would have made a big difference today, and i am a huge fan of Toumpas, at some point we have to look at our decisions and say, this is a club fighting for it's life, do we really need a project, at draft time we knew Ollie would be good, but felt Toumpas in time would be better, just don't think we realised we didn't have the time to wait

The Wines argument has merit, granted. The Kelly stuff is just moaning for the sake of moaning.

• Like 1

The recruiting has been hiss-poor for years & here is just another instance that will come back to haunt us, Kelly wasn't rated No 2 in the draft for nothing & we could have taken him.

Midfielders need to kick goals in the modern game, something I haven't seen from Tyson yet.

Oh come one guys, are you serious?

Tyson has been probably our second best player this year FCS and I think he has showed so much to keep us excited. Kelly kicked a couple goals and looked good but have a little faith in our boy first.

I still worry however looking at the Port vs Roos game. The Roos hit the lead and then guess who wins a couple 50/50's to get the ball back for the Power?? I'll give everyone a clue, his name starts with Ollie

We desperately lack a Superstar or three.

It has to be a curse.

Everytime we find anyone that looks like it, like Jurrah or Clark........well, you know the rest.

• Like 1

The only way that would happen would be if we went to NT or Tassie both of which are most unlikely.

Otherwise it is a merger and the result is the Gold Coast Demons or Melbourne Kangaroos, or Mellbourne Bulldogs and we cease to exist. No! The only option to survive as a club is to learn to play football again.

I am a red and blue demon till the day I die. If the Melbourne Demons are to be no longer I am gone from AFL.

I wasn't recommending it, that we relocate.

I'm pointing the finger of blame at decades of administrators & administrations, for our culture.

this is why we are insipid.

we haven't been a really hard side ever, in my memory timespan, & the last 10 years has been a downhill slide.

I have no doubt that Roos & Stone will turn this tide BUT, when these guys like Roosy, Stone, & PJ go.... imo it will be back the the mcc for more administrators lining up for a showy job at the 'G'.

I just watched Roos in his media conference he looks worn out already

He looks completely spent... Talked a lot about us not being close enough to tackle, but also interestingly talked about having to be on the boundary line to 'keep the enthusiasm up'. This says more to be than anything else - our players are completely shot.

• Like 1

Keep Nate Jones and Dom Tyson - perhaps Cross and Vince - replace the rest. Its that bad. Of course Clark will go - ofcourse Frawley will go - they players all thinks its everyone else's fault but it isnt. The harsh truth is the players are poor and without any decent players to shelter the newer ones it may just spiral.

He looks completely spent... Talked a lot about us not being close enough to tackle, but also interestingly talked about having to be on the boundary line to 'keep the enthusiasm up'. This says more to be than anything else - our players are completely shot.

I'm worried about Roos' mental well being.

Tomorrow, clear head, he'll sit down with his coaching staff and put his pen through 15 names.

No trade....cull. Not one of our NQRs would generate any interest.

The moot point is this...will the club survive???

Edited by jumbo returns

Keep Nate Jones and Dom Tyson - perhaps Cross and Vince - replace the rest. Its that bad. Of course Clark will go - ofcourse Frawley will go - they players all thinks its everyone else's fault but it isnt. The harsh truth is the players are poor and without any decent players to shelter the newer ones it may just spiral.

I think McDonald has potential, he's only and has been part of crap development of recent years.

Put them all up for trade.

These players will not save the MFC (with a few exceptions)

Grimes should be stripped of the Captaincy this week.

Give it to Bernie Vince or Cross.

We need absolute change.

Cross is a very professional player but I really don't know what position he plays in the team. I'd have him captain of Casey. He's another NQR player to join Brynes, Bail, Spencer, Terlich, M.Jones, Pederson and the rest. We won't be taken seriously until we play players with heart and skill. Give me Kent and Viney who play with passion.

• Like 1