Training - Friday 4th April, 2014

stuie

Can we only open these threads if there is something to report? We are consistently seeing these opened and contain no details about training.

Or at least leave it to the disgression of whoever attended training to open?

• Like 2

Can we only open these threads if there is something to report? We are consistently seeing these opened and contain no details about training.

Or at least leave it to the disgression of whoever attended training to open?

not being too discreet olisik but stuie does likes to digress

• Like 2

Ok, I'll start a thread....

Anyone? anyone?

Could be a controversial week for ins and outs, interested as to whether there was any indication via training.

I don't like threads started for no reason.

If you have nothing to say I suggest that's what you say.

You may actually deter someone that has actually been to training.

Thanks

Saw Jessie Hogan walking up the hill next to the Botanic Gardens all alone, not looking very happy. Are we trying to dishearten this kid or what? Surely we could have a trainer or someone with him giving him support and company. It's almost like we want him to return to WA.

• Like 1

Well he can only get back to WA via trade, so if we can't lock him in we'll make whoever wants him pay overs for his services.

If this year goes the way we're all dreading, I can't see us locking in any contracts. Likewise, we'd be looking at picks 1, 2 and 3 and Roos would have a field day. If he can't turn this club around with picks like that, nobody can. It's potentially 3x more Dyson/Salem trades, plus grabbing anyone we can via free agency.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 3

I don't like threads started for no reason.

If you have nothing to say I suggest that's what you say.

You may actually deter someone that has actually been to training.

Thanks

Not exactly sure how starting a thread about training discourages people from talking about training...

• Like 2

Rumour has it they trained hard. Expect a showing on Sunday.

Well he can only get back to WA via trade, so if we can't lock him in we'll make whoever wants him pay overs for his services.

If this year goes the way we're all dreading, I can't see us locking in any contracts. Likewise, we'd be looking at picks 1, 2 and 3 and Roos would have a field day. If he can't turn this club around with picks like that, nobody can. It's potentially 3x more Dyson/Salem trades, plus grabbing anyone we can via free agency.

How depressing is it that the prospect of picks 1, 2 and 3 excites me so much. You'd think we'd have learnt our lesson by now.

• Like 2

Roosy recognised me from my efl days when I played against his brother and said gday. I mentioned I had my gear in the car and he asked if i wanted to put a few of the guys through their paces, like the old days.

Wattsy and I ventured away from the main group with Roosy kicking the ball long to centre half foward from the goal square where Jack and I starting on the goal line had to retreive the ball and slot it through the big sticks.

I hit Jack hard hip to hip putting him off balance and then kicked him in the ankle taking him down .Roosy told him to get on with it and Jack gave me a jumper punch to the throat and Roosy cracked a half smile. . We repeated the drill, this time I grabbed Jack front on by the jumper pulled him around and threw him down with a short right Jab to the jaw . Jack replied with Barry Hall esque choke hold befiiting his 91kg frame that almost had me seeing black.

With Jack fuming and his face a demon shade of red we repeated the drill. We both sprinted with Jack running ahead and taking the bouncing slippery ball beautifully with his left hand low to the ground turning back towards myself and launching into this sore and sorry clown who is typing this from his hospital bed in the severe trauma unit at the austin.

Jack kicked a goal and Roosy let him know he could play forward this week.

• Like 16

Rumour has it they trained hard. Expect a showing on Sunday.

How depressing is it that the prospect of picks 1, 2 and 3 excites me so much. You'd think we'd have learnt our lesson by now.

Thinking about the prospect of those picks only depresses me.

After so many years of treating the draft as our finals series it no longer excites me, just makes me ashamed and in fact pretty angry. It's really just pathetic that that is all we have to look forward to, forever it feels like.

• Like 2

The only reason high draft picks should excite us anymore is that Roos will use them to get established players, not draftees. He'd probably on-trade picks 2 and 3 just like the Dyson trade (expect another GWS player at minimum), and keep 1 for the draft.

• Like 1

Roosy recognised me from my efl days when I played against his brother and said gday. I mentioned I had my gear in the car and he asked if i wanted to put a few of the guys through their paces, like the old days.

Wattsy and I ventured away from the main group with Roosy kicking the ball long to centre half foward from the goal square where Jack and I starting on the goal line had to retreive the ball and slot it through the big sticks.

I hit Jack hard hip to hip putting him off balance and then kicked him in the ankle taking him down .Roosy told him to get on with it and Jack gave me a jumper punch to the throat and Roosy cracked a half smile. . We repeated the drill, this time I grabbed Jack front on by the jumper pulled him around and threw him down with a short right Jab to the jaw . Jack replied with Barry Hall esque choke hold befiiting his 91kg frame that almost had me seeing black.

With Jack fuming and his face a demon shade of red we repeated the drill. We both sprinted with Jack running ahead and taking the bouncing slippery ball beautifully with his left hand low to the ground turning back towards myself and launching into this sore and sorry clown who is typing this from his hospital bed in the severe trauma unit at the austin.

Jack kicked a goal and Roosy let him know he could play forward this week.

Best piece of writing I've seen on here for a looooong time! Love it!

• Like 2

You need to get back to Melbourne old chap, I have heard living in the cultural wasteland of Sydney can affect you, it was mildly humourous.....

Satyr...you disappoint me. The only reason I opened this thread was that I saw your name as the most recent poster and hoped (alright, expected) that you'd provide us with your training insights. That you didn't leads to only one possible conclusion...that training was cancelled.

Not exactly sure how starting a thread about training discourages people from talking about training...

When you start a thread with no information.

And look its after 4pm no training info. So I guess I am right and you are ?

Ahhhhhh gotcha, so no one went to training because I started this thread.... Makes sense

• Like 2

Give it a rest, precious. Stuie was clearly just hoping that someone had gone to training would offer some information.

I'm sure there are a few people who go to training and aren't keen to share information here unless there is already a thread on it, not wanting to start their own.

• Like 4

Ahhhhhh gotcha, so no one went to training because I started this thread.... Makes sense

Very good, still laughing.

No, my point was that it is possible that someone who went saw the thread and thought I won't bother. Unlikely but possible.

The reality is I am still shitty about our teams performance. I just growled when my phone rang. I need more coffee to calm me down.

When I think about it I am talking s41t. Go ahead start as many threads as you like.

I am a much nicer person when we win. I just can't remember what that is like.

• Like 2