POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Fitz made a tackle then fell over on his head, a crude explanation but that's pretty much how it happened

Haven't read the thread through till now, but one thing i noticed is Jonesy must be taking lessons from Selwood. He got paid at least 3 frees for high contact when he was going for the ball inside a pack, whereas last year he would have been pinged for holding the ball every time

I didn't see him duck his head, he just wanted the ball more than anyone else and got rewarded

What Selwood does i classify as borderline staging and manipulating a poorly worded rule, which in turn hinders the respect i have for him as a player, i don't see why diving forward to fake a push in the back and getting done for staging is any different to dropping your knees.

• Like 2

yeah but we used pick11 to get Gysberts, which we traded for Brock McLEan, who we used pick 5 to get

so Pedo is a top 5 draft pick basically :(

I see your line of thinking but its disingenuous.

The opther choices in the top 10 of that year (2003) were:

F Ray

K Tenace

K Bradley

R Clarke

D Trotter

It was a crap draft.

R Dunn

F Ray

K Tenace

K Bradley

R Clarke

D Trotter

It was a crap draft.

R Dunn

Refreshing to see someone looking at the facts rather than accepting the usual 'we do everything wrong' cry.

• Like 3

Give a Melbourne side 400 touches on the G and let's see what the result is.

We have finally the makings of a midfield that can run with most sides, I am keen to see how they go this weekend.

You can win without a forward line, you can't compete without a midfield.

• Like 7

F Ray

K Tenace

K Bradley

R Clarke

D Trotter

It was a crap draft.

R Dunn

There was also

Daniel Tahlia

Ryan Bastinac

Lewis Jetta

Jake Carlsisle

Daniel Menzel

Jack Gunstan

Luke Ball

Nat Fyfe

Sam Reid

in the top 40, and we managed - Tapscott, Gysberts and Gawn out of that group

but i agree that it really wasn't a strong draft overall, plenty of duds went to other sides as well as us.

no it wasnt a strong draft sassy.

and some players you mentioned were risky picks at the time,some also took a lot of development.

there were no garuantees in that lot.

I didn't see him duck his head, he just wanted the ball more than anyone else and got rewarded

What Selwood does i classify as borderline staging and manipulating a poorly worded rule, which in turn hinders the respect i have for him as a player, i don't see why diving forward to fake a push in the back and getting done for staging is any different to dropping your knees.

Jones has taken his game to a new level but I think one of his frees was Selwoodesque.

We have finally the makings of a midfield that can run with most sides, I am keen to see how they go this weekend.

We could have won, had bernie vince not hit the post twice and pedo kicked at least 1 of his 3 attempts on goal.. And had T Mac not received a corky.. Then Reivoldt would of been quiet! Edited by Laces Out

Refreshing to see someone looking at the facts rather than accepting the usual 'we do everything wrong' cry.

Yeah good point sue, I take it back, McLEan, Gysberts, Pederson all huge MFC success stories how did I miss that fact FMD

This I like. We have been consistently winning our fair share of the ball AND getting it forward enough.. just need to find a way to get it through the sticks

Yeah good point sue, I take it back, McLEan, Gysberts, Pederson all huge MFC success stories how did I miss that fact FMD

Thanks for helping to prove my point about the relentless negativity of some of us.

Thanks for helping to prove my point about the relentless negativity of some of us.

might be worth conssidering that in all likelihood the relentless negativity is simply born of relentless failure.

Comes as a set !!

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

take your own advice and look at the FACTS, cheerleaders like yourself with your positivity have not done much for the club as we enter out 8th consecutive year of sucking

take your own advice and look at the FACTS, cheerleaders like yourself with your positivity have not done much for the club as we enter out 8th consecutive year of sucking

Well the angry wrist slitters with all their negativity have not done much either.....

Take the best three forwards out of any side and they too would struggle....

It would probably best to take a leaf from Freo...besides Pav most of their goals are kicked by small to medium forwards and midfielders....

Because posters try to take something positive out of the game, is no reason to bag them as cheerleaders

It's only the first game and our play appeared to be a lot better than the past 2 years

Small steps

• Like 2

Last year we won 2 games at 54%, there aren't a whole lot of positives that come out of a season like that.

Loving the ladder right now. Might print it and stick it on my wall just to annoy my Collingwood friends.

39% - we thought 54% was bad!

Edited by Young Dee

Loving the ladder right now. Might print it and stick it on my wall just to annoy my Collingwood friends.

39% - we thought 54% was bad!

You have Collinwood friends?

YD I am concerned about you.

I too know Collingwood supporters, but they could never be friends.

You need to get out more. Keep away from centrelink offices and the city watchouse.