The continuing saga of Melbourne's injury list - 2014

alpha33

Interesting how little info Misson offered up on Hogan. Sounds like he is completely ready to go, must play at Casey this week... is there any chance of the 1's..?

Thought exactly same thing. Doubt though they would throw him straight in the side after such a long time off.

they've put 1-3 weeks on hoges.
My thinking is that he might be ready for vfl next week if he's super keen.

Other wise, the 3 weeks option is a bit of a cover from scrutiny if he decides he would rather wait til next season n get a full pre season.
My feeling is that if he was gonna play any week in the afl it would have been GWS, but its probably too soon considering he hasn't played VFL.

Also if he comes in this year, its obvious he will be a major target, he will get a lot of attention.
However if we are successful in luring a cameron during trade for instance, then he can debut next season and get the 3rd or 4th defender rather than the 1st or second.
I think the coaches would be aware of the hype and pressure that could end up on his shoulders, which we don't want.
however if someone such as cameron came in, he would take a good portion of that pressure, as would dawes.

• Like 1

they've put 1-3 weeks on hoges.

My thinking is that he might be ready for vfl next week if he's super keen.

Other wise, the 3 weeks option is a bit of a cover from scrutiny if he decides he would rather wait til next season n get a full pre season.

My feeling is that if he was gonna play any week in the afl it would have been GWS, but its probably too soon considering he hasn't played VFL.

Also if he comes in this year, its obvious he will be a major target, he will get a lot of attention.

However if we are successful in luring a cameron during trade for instance, then he can debut next season and get the 3rd or 4th defender rather than the 1st or second.

I think the coaches would be aware of the hype and pressure that could end up on his shoulders, which we don't want.

however if someone such as cameron came in, he would take a good portion of that pressure, as would dawes.

Would be awesome if we lured Cameron.. But if we played Pedersen and Dawes, Hogan would get the third defender anyway?

In previous years they would of made sure he played against GWS to try and lure more members in and sell

hope for next year?

But maybe if he plays this week in the VFL he might be keen to play his first game in WA?

But maybe if he plays this week in the VFL he might be keen to play his first game in WA?

There's something to be said about having him debut interstate to avoid any circus with him coming onto the park in front of lots of Dees fans with expectation in their eyes.

I have a feeling that an AFL debut is unlikely this year though.

Happy with that. Hogan, Trengove and Toumpas will all come in next year virtually as new recruits before we even start our drafting and trading. I suspect we'll be big improvers next year.

I've read heaps of comments now from people who would be happy to see the club put Hogan on ice for the year. I must be the only selfish bastard who would be absolutely shattered if I don't get a glimpse of him this season.

• Like 8

I've read heaps of comments now from people who would be happy to see the club put Hogan on ice for the year. I must be the only selfish [censored] who would be absolutely shattered if I don't get a glimpse of him this season.

not the only one nasher. I was just thinking how unfair yet totally par for the course for us if our best recruit maybe ever does not play a single game this year

I've read heaps of comments now from people who would be happy to see the club put Hogan on ice for the year. I must be the only selfish [censored] who would be absolutely shattered if I don't get a glimpse of him this season.

It's pretty much the only interest I have left in this season

if Jesse is ready to play which he surely is, then play him

Whats this cotton wool [censored]?

tthe MFC can't afford to be sitting out its players when they are available to play, especially their best ones

I will lose all faith in Misson if Jesse doesnt play this season

if Jesse is ready to play which he surely is, then play him

Whats this cotton wool [censored]?

tthe MFC can't afford to be sitting out its players when they are available to play, especially their best ones

I will lose all faith in Misson if Jesse doesnt play this season

Think it was pretty clear from the way Misson responded in his injury report that the decision is no longer in his hands.

Think it was pretty clear from the way Misson responded in his injury report that the decision is no longer in his hands.

yeah after i made the post i watched his report

The answer to the Hogan question was really odd, just brushed it off with a few words

Tells me hes a chance to play this weekened

yeah after i made the post i watched his report

The answer to the Hogan question was really odd, just brushed it off with a few words

Tells me hes a chance to play this weekened

That's what's got me a bit excited.

AS you say it was odd though, it was almost as if he was frustrated to still be getting the question. He must play this weekend, surely he's champing at the bit...

Still holding out hope its with the 1's.

I would bring him straight into the Seniors as the Sub to aim at playing a half. Roos has stated that the remainder of the season" is an extension of our 2015 pre season" why not get Dawes/Pedo/Hogan working together early and working on there leading patterns.

It would be a nice experience for his Family to come over to Melbourne watch him run out at the G and get to celebrate and sing the song after the win. They could stay a couple of extra days and then fly back over with the team for the game against WC.

Desperate to see the kid play

Yep.

Time to put Jack on the long term injury list because he's going to miss out for the rest of the season.

According to the list on the club's website, he has three mates and nobody is out for 4 to 6:-

injury list: round 22

Jack Grimes (hamstring) – season

Jayden Hunt (back) – season

Jake Spencer (ankle) – season

Jack Trengove (foot) – season

Sad part about all this is that for the first time in years we have plenty of players available for Casey but their season ends on the weekend.