HELP Demonland Stay ONLINE

Demonland

It's that time of the year when we get down on our knees and beg cap in hand.

The running of this site costs us out of our pockets.

If you love using Demonland to talk about the Dees with fellow tragics then the best way for you to help is to take out a Demonland.com membership/subscription. You can either take out a one off annual membership which entitles you to a year of Demonland minus the annoying advertising on the site. You also get access to the mobile skin for viewing the site nicely on your smartphone. Or you can contribute a little bit more and take out a Lifetime membership which offers you the same as the annual membership but for life.

The costs of these packages will be going up from Monday (24/3/14) so get in quick to take advantage of 2013 prices.

If you have already taken out a Demonland subscription and want to continue to help contribute to keeping this site running then you can always donate to us here - http://demonland.com...ex.php?/donate/

The current costs for a Demonland.com membership is as follows:

Annual Demonland.com membership is $25 per year. This will be going up to $30 (Monday 24/3/14). (1 year subscription of Demonland.com without advertisements. Also includes access to the Mobile Skin for Smartphones)

Lifetime Demonland.com membership is $60 for life. This will be going up to $65 (Monday 24/3/14). (Lifetime subscription to Demonland.com without advertisements. Also includes access to the Mobile Skin for Smartphones)

You can subscribe by clicking the Subscription tab under the main Demonland logo at the top of the page next to the Home tab and follow the prompts through to PayPal.

Or simply click this link - http://demonland.com.../subscriptions/

The mobile skin looks like this on your smartphone:

mobileskin01.jpg

mobileskin02.jpg

mobileskin03.jpg

It's easier to read on a smartphone than the full site so if you do the majority of your reading of Demonland on your phone then the mobile skin is great. The software does of course recognise the device you are using so if you have a subscription but are viewing on your PC or iPad then it will display the full site. If you are viewing on your iPhone then it will display the mobile skin. If you are viewing the mobile skin on your phone and you want to view the full site there is a convenient button at the bottom and top of the page that allows you to switch back to the full site.

Also, in addition to access to the mobile skin the subscriptions remove the advertising on the site to give you a better viewing experience of the site.

Here is a screenshot of the site with ads:

Ads.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the site with No Ads:

NoAds.jpg

All proceeds from subscriptions go towards paying for the site costs and periodically if there is anything left in the kitty I throw some of it Nasher's way for the amazing job he does in keeping the site's backend running smoothly or I will donate it back to the club.

So if you want to help us out then there is a way to do so as well as getting something back in return.

Cheers and Go Dees in 2014.

Andy

For the lifetime subscribers - try to give a few bob more every year.

Redleg complains about the Asian woman wanting to date him on RSVP but still won't pay his subs.

This a a double standard that should not be tolerated.

I am a life member and happy to donate to keep this great forum afloat. The only problem is that I do not have a Paypal account. Is there any other way I can make a donation?

Well I've been an avid reader (and occasional poster) for years now, so I figured it was well past time I contributed.

Life membership just purchased.

Thanks for all the hard work in keeping the site going.

Cheers,

Jako

Edited by Allen Jakovich
  • Like 1

Donation done. Will double it if you can get BBO to put a real pic of himself on his avatar. :)

Actually, maybe not. He might frighten animals and small children.....

Very unfunny Moon. However, at least you put your hand in your pocket for the right reason this time.

• Like 2

Cheers for keeping this place going for god knows how long now. I am sure I am not alone in saying how much we all appreciate taking advantage of all the work I'm sure goes into it. thankyou. Go Dee's.

Signed up for life today.

Thanks for all your great work on Demonland. This place adds a little something to my life and provides a refuge when I just need to stop thinking about the important stuff and focus on the absolutely crucial, indispensable, compelling core of human existence.

• Like 1

Signed up for life today.

Thanks for all your great work on Demonland. This place adds a little something to my life and provides a refuge when I just need to stop thinking about the important stuff and focus on the absolutely crucial, indispensable, compelling core of human existence.

Amen to that Reverend! Edited by old dee

Surely having a lifetime membership isn't a viable business model to keep this site running.

Also, have you guys looked at utilising AWS. I currently run a site on AWS that gets at least 1000 hits a day and it costs me just under $350 a year to host and run.

Don't get me wrong, love what you guys do here and with the site. But without a better subscription model, most people are either going to stay unpaid or just choose the lifetime membership and just means you don't get any annuity.

Surely having a lifetime membership isn't a viable business model to keep this site running.

Also, have you guys looked at utilising AWS. I currently run a site on AWS that gets at least 1000 hits a day and it costs me just under $350 a year to host and run.

Don't get me wrong, love what you guys do here and with the site. But without a better subscription model, most people are either going to stay unpaid or just choose the lifetime membership and just means you don't get any annuity.

I see what you are saying but this isn't intended to be a business. All I am trying to achieve with the donations and subscriptions is some assistance with covering the costs of running the site (hosting, forum software etc). We aren't trying to make a profit. The subscriptions function as a way to reward posters for donating. The subscriptions give the posters an ad free site as well as the mobile version of the site. People that subscribe are free to donate in the future if the choose and many do.

Come on everyone......it's always difficult for Andy to ask for money, and he and Nasher are the only reason this site keeps running.

Without them, we will finish going the same way as Demonology.

You can donate $5 or $50 or more....but ever little bit helps.

It's not fair that we ALL enjoy the camaraderie of Demonland, yet Andy has to pay for it out of his own pocket.

So jump on board and help out...........