LUNA PARK FAMILY DAY - Sunday, 16 February, 2014

Whispering_Jack

I spotted PJ in one of the sponsors tents. I couldn't help mysef...I walked straight up to him, shook his hand and thanked him for everything he has done.

I walked up to him and said " they say you can do anything, well you weren't too good with the weather today". He laughed and said maybe Roos can bring the sunshine.

• Like 1

I was down that neck of the woods this morning but forgot all about the family day. Drove past the Gat - a crowd of undesables out the front. However, the purpose to this post. I tried to get on to Queens road and followed a detour sign. I ended up doing a lap of the Great Pricks circuit which concluded at the old cricket ground. What a mess - now I see why locals object to having this so called sport inflicted upon them

I was down that neck of the woods this morning but forgot all about the family day. Drove past the Gat - a crowd of undesables out the front. However, the purpose to this post. I tried to get on to Queens road and followed a detour sign. I ended up doing a lap of the Great Pricks circuit which concluded at the old cricket ground. What a mess - now I see why locals object to having this so called sport inflicted upon them

Not sure who gave you a clearance at the Romsey boarder to Enter the rest of Australia Bbo but after that comment they made a dreadful error.

I am dashing off an email to the Immigration department to make sure it does not happen again.

• Like 1

Not sure who gave you a clearance at the Romsey boarder to Enter the rest of Australia Bbo but after that comment they made a dreadful error.

I am dashing off an email to the Immigration department to make sure it does not happen again.

I think I'll stick to Romsey in future OD. BTW spent Saturday hight at place called "The Royce". Tad better than the Gat - but highly overated.

I think I'll stick to Romsey in future OD. BTW spent Saturday hight at place called "The Royce". Tad better than the Gat - but highly overated.

the PS on my email said Special exception should be to attend MFC matches however you to be back in Romsey three hours after the final siren.

the PS on my email said Special exception should be to attend MFC matches however you to be back in Romsey three hours after the final siren.

Only three hours to get home?

Last year not so much of a problem as leaving at the half or 3/4 time break was de rigueur.

This year.... hopefully not so much.

Get back to the other thread, before I get the rev heads onto you.

No lyrebirds or albatrosses in your way, I hope? :blink:

I missed it this year, out late last night seeing Springsteen. Not a bad weekend, an encouraging demon win and 3.5 hours of The Boss. I'm happy!

Had a friend who was front row and she was gushing. Can still pull the ladies can the Boss.

Apparently he was joined on stage by Eddie Vedder and Tom Morello? I can think of worse ways to spend a Saturday night.

I thought it was a great morning, except for the rain, and well organised by the club. My kids had a ball, especially getting signatures on their backs.

Only negative was that I left thinking that Roosy wasn't there as he didn't get on stage with the boys at the end. Apparently he was there though and I missed him.

He was there, got a picture of him and my daughter plus daughter got autograph and towards the end he was just walking around amongst crowd.

No, because the kids queued for an hour to get on the Ghost train and got off saying it was boring as bat **** (poetic licence).

To say they were underwhelmed by the day is an understatement.

I'm pleased to hear that it's only my children with unrealistic expectations and that "a good time was had by all".

They've clearly picked up your zest for life.
  • Like 5

I walked up to him and said " they say you can do anything, well you weren't too good with the weather today". He laughed and said maybe Roos can bring the sunshine.

I walked up to both PJ and Roos and wished them all the best, thanked them for their work to date. Highlight of the day for me. But not for my kids who not only got signatures and photos with players, but having been given a couple of gold coins, managed to work out a skill tester and score a iPad Air near the dodgem cars.

I'm trying to work out if its going to be more costly for me in the long run! I'll be keeping an eye on the downloads....

And if there was a queue an hour long at the ghost train, it must have been at Sydney's Luna Park, Hannibal.

• Like 1

The answer to your question about the tickets, no, not a cracker.........spoke to Peter Jackson later, was asked why he couldnt fix the weather at least 20 times, thought it hilarious, but it told him he must be doing something right with the supporters

The answer to your question about the tickets, no, not a cracker.........spoke to Peter Jackson later, was asked why he couldnt fix the weather at least 20 times, thought it hilarious, but it told him he must be doing something right with the supporters

A little more than "something" I would suggest!