Colin Sylvia

Bobby McKenzie

The number 2 comes before 3. The rest is speculation.

Well you have no idea. I think the MFC realised that it might have been embarassing for Petracca if they named him at 3 given he had been talked up as 1 for the whole year. We have the same 2 players regardless so why not avoid any issue with by CP by just reading him first as the way it is 'supposed' to be. That's a valid theory and you have nothing with which to dismiss it.

PS You could tell on Scully/Trengove night that TS had to go at 1. He was so relieved to be read first cos the weird robot that he is had built up this moment his entire life. Running laps while his mates were on the pizz. For us to say JT's name first would probably have made Scully cry and the club knew it

Well you have no idea. I think the MFC realised that it might have been embarassing for Petracca if they named him at 3 given he had been talked up as 1 for the whole year. We have the same 2 players regardless so why not avoid any issue with by CP by just reading him first as the way it is 'supposed' to be. That's a valid theory and you have nothing with which to dismiss it.

PS You could tell on Scully/Trengove night that TS had to go at 1. He was so relieved to be read first cos the weird robot that he is had built up this moment his entire life. Running laps while his mates were on the pizz. For us to say JT's name first would probably have made Scully cry and the club knew it

You make [censored] up and say I have no idea! Hahahahahah! Such irony is wonderful.

• Like 2

I might also ask the following question as well: Were any of those blokes in the leadership group or had any of them been at the club more than five years? Besides Chappy, most of them are periphery players. Most of the blokes I mentioned in my examples (Beamer, Col, Chip etc.) had been at the club for years. The stuff Billy bought up, as he put it in his own words, were all alleged.

The facts are their leading lights aren't pulling the stuff that Beamer, Col and the rest of the party boys at our club were pulling. Their senior core weren't behaving like drunken frat boys. Ours were.

I wonder sometimes if some Melbourne supporters were put in a room with Wayne Bennett, if they could answer the question that he posed to the 2000's Sydney Swans without bringing up 'uneven fixturing', 'unfair sanctions for tanking' or 'a bias towards the big Melbourne clubs'? The sad thing is we are all sick of losing but when reasons why we are/have been bloody awful are bought up, there really is nothing wrong with the place.

I don't disagree with what your saying but for such a great culture that the media spew up over themselves about, Geelong has had plenty of off field incidents. They may not have been anyone in the leadership group but what sort of example or respect does the leadership group have if the younger guys involve themselves in these off field incidents.

Bomber hardly set a great off field example either with his social activities as mentioned by billy

• Like 1

Do you know for an absolute fact that any of the garbage you wrote about picks 2 & 3 has any truth to it? Unless you are CP, AB or on the MFC list management team the answer is clearly no. So as I said, you are making [censored] up curry. Now there's a fact for you.

Do you know for an absolute fact that any of the garbage you wrote about picks 2 & 3 has any truth to it? Unless you are CP, AB or on the MFC list management team the answer is clearly no. So as I said, you are making [censored] up curry. Now there's a fact for you.

Obviously I don't know it for a fact, but it's as plausible as your paper-thin '2 is lower than 3' argument so it shouldn't be pigheadedly dismissed outright

Crossroads ??? The reports out of WA is that he is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat merely to be let back to train , never mind find his way into the 22.

Delisted by years end with a 1 year payout is my guess.

I think there is a slim chance that Lyon's public shaming strategy will work - that CS will pull his finger out, train hard and work his way back. I hope he does actually.

• Like 1

I might also ask the following question as well: Were any of those blokes in the leadership group or had any of them been at the club more than five years? Besides Chappy, most of them are periphery players. Most of the blokes I mentioned in my examples (Beamer, Col, Chip etc.) had been at the club for years. The stuff Billy bought up, as he put it in his own words, were all alleged.

The facts are their leading lights aren't pulling the stuff that Beamer, Col and the rest of the party boys at our club were pulling. Their senior core weren't behaving like drunken frat boys. Ours were.

I wonder sometimes if some Melbourne supporters were put in a room with Wayne Bennett, if they could answer the question that he posed to the 2000's Sydney Swans without bringing up 'uneven fixturing', 'unfair sanctions for tanking' or 'a bias towards the big Melbourne clubs'? The sad thing is we are all sick of losing but when reasons why we are/have been bloody awful are bought up, there really is nothing wrong with the place.

Colin, there's a technical flaw in your argument. To be a "frat boy" requires one to get into a "Fraternity" which can only happen if one gets into University. I'm not sure Moloney and Sylvia have what it takes to get into a University.

• Like 2

one of the things you mentioned was a fancy dress costume by two completely irrelevant players. Demonstrates the degree to which you are clutching at straws. I am sure 99% of us had even forgotten about that 'incident' due to how completely unimportant it was.

It's interesting how irrelevant it was considering the club came out the next day and denounced it. I'm sure Roosy would have been delighted with it considering he got the players to participate in the reclaim the night marches that year. On a scale of 1 to 10 in as far as how it effects society, it's probably a 3. Then again footy itself effects the everyday life of people on a small scale. Compared to war, famine and climate change, it's small beer. How it promoted the values of the club to a wider audience, let's just say it's not a great look. Same as the beer snake and Col and Beamer's drinking misadventures.

I agree to an extent Billy. Geelong does have the odd incident occur at their club. I believe however that their core of senor leaders has been strong enough to deal with these incidents as they have emerged. Until recently, the blokes who had the most influence over the group were the blokes most involved in these shenanigans. I am going with Nate in charge these days are long behind us.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Obviously I don't know it for a fact, but it's as plausible as your paper-thin '2 is lower than 3' argument so it shouldn't be pigheadedly dismissed outright

No it's not mate. What I said is fact, CP was taken at 2 which is one pick ahead of AB at 3. That is the order the club saw them. From what I learnt speaking to an recent recruiter from another club, all teams take players in the order they rank them. They do not mess with this system. What's pig headed and paper thin is to claim otherwise, especially without any actual evidence. I'll agree to disagree and leave you to continue if you wish.

I hope Colin has got some skill outside football because i think his days of playing it are drying up.

He got 11 years out of "natural ability" The man doesn't have a clue what hard work is

That is obvious to all of us.

• Like 1

No it's not mate. What I said is fact, CP was taken at 2 which is one pick ahead of AB at 3. That is the order the club saw them. From what I learnt speaking to an recent recruiter from another club, all teams take players in the order they rank them. They do not mess with this system. What's pig headed and paper thin is to claim otherwise, especially without any actual evidence. I'll agree to disagree and leave you to continue if you wish.

Well if our brains trust share that same robotic thinking they are just plain foolish. You get the same two players regardless. Why would you not make other considerations in managing the situation? Why would you 'demote' Petracca by an extra draft pick just to show the world you rate Brayshaw more. That would be idiotic.

Well if our brains trust share that same robotic thinking they are just plain foolish. You get the same two players regardless. Why would you not make other considerations in managing the situation? Why would you 'demote' Petracca by an extra draft pick just to show the world you rate Brayshaw more. That would be idiotic.

i have been told multiple times, Petracca was taken at 2 because it was seen pick 1 was between him and McCartin publicly and the club knew they'd get Brayshaw as well so they played along, Brayshaw was the one we would have taken if we had the choice because Paul Roos wants Genuine mids, not flankers who can play in the middle, plus Angus played with Tyler Roos and trained with the MFC so the club and the recruiters have had a really good up close look at the kid.

having said that the same person told me we rated Issac Heeney as the best player in this draft pool and that's why we threw pick 2 up for him before we had secured pick 3 for frawley.

• Like 5

i have been told multiple times, Petracca was taken at 2 because it was seen pick 1 was between him and McCartin publicly and the club knew they'd get Brayshaw as well so they played along, Brayshaw was the one we would have taken if we had the choice because Paul Roos wants Genuine mids, not flankers who can play in the middle, plus Angus played with Tyler Roos and trained with the MFC so the club and the recruiters have had a really good up close look at the kid.

having said that the same person told me we rated Issac Heeney as the best player in this draft pool and that's why we threw pick 2 up for him before we had secured pick 3 for frawley.

thank you - as I said, a perfectly plausible theory, moonshadow

Crossroads ??? The reports out of WA is that he is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat merely to be let back to train , never mind find his way into the 22.

Delisted by years end with a 1 year payout is my guess.

I reckon col would happily take the payout rather than do the hard yards.

Even better - we don't discuss football at all but go around critiquing others for no reason like some anti-social weirdo with no mates

For no reason?

How about the fact that you are a bore.

The fact that you make up theories and ridicule those who disagree with them.

The fact that you are a broken record with your pathetic attempt of humour with regards to the golden ticket.

No reason at all.

• Like 3