All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

I just want to know when he's going to play? His personal life is his own business to deal with.

Perhaps what is going on in his personal life is directly affecting his ability to play? And perhaps, just perhaps, it has been his seeming inability to recover completely from his injuries that has put his personal life in a tailspin... in which case it is the club's concern and the club's business to deal with.

It leaves me gobsmacked that there are some who just don't get that.

• Like 6

Perhaps what is going on in his personal life is directly affecting his ability to play? And perhaps, just perhaps, it has been his seeming inability to recover completely from his injuries that has put his personal life in a tailspin... in which case it is the club's concern and the club's business to deal with.

It leaves me gobsmacked that there are some who just don't get that.

Hardtack it is the clubs problem you are correct.

But I can only see through a serious of injuries ( not his mental fault ) and now other factors he cannot take the field.

and He probably will not for most of this year or ever again.

He is the highest paid player and has given us little value.

I simply don't include him in my thoughts about where the team is going in 2014 and beyond.

Can we talk about the people who are libel to contribute into the future.

Talk about Mitch Clark is pointless.

Mitch has a right to his privacy and I respect that. I would simply like to know when he is likely to play and don't think that's unreasonable.

• Like 2

Mitch has a right to his privacy and I respect that. I would simply like to know when he is likely to play and don't think that's unreasonable.

Might not be unreasonable Dockett 32 but the reason there is no answer is because not a person on this earth has the slightest idea.

It is that simple

• Like 3

Might not be unreasonable Dockett 32 but the reason there is no answer is because not a person on this earth has the slightest idea.

Except those who confidently announce he'll never play again. But you are right - none of us especially has the slightest idea.

It is that simple

not in the next 6 weeks I would have thought. maybe more?

possibility for a long term promotion?

Mitch will let us know what he's doing in his own time, til then Dawes, Hogan and Fitzy is a decent combo if we can get them on the park in the next 5 years.

Mitch will let us know what he's doing in his own time, til then Dawes, Hogan and Fitzy is a decent combo if we can get them on the park in the next 5 years.

And true to this generation it will be announced on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

Hardtack it is the clubs problem you are correct.

But I can only see through a serious of injuries ( not his mental fault ) and now other factors he cannot take the field.

and He probably will not for most of this year or ever again.

He is the highest paid player and has given us little value.

I simply don't include him in my thoughts about where the team is going in 2014 and beyond.

Can we talk about the people who are libel to contribute into the future.

Talk about Mitch Clark is pointless.

Every chance you get to rag off on Mitch OD

why bring up his wage? He is a Melbourne player, on our list sharing in the salary cap like everyone else. I don't see why you talk about his wage every time, for the life of me you still don't seem to acknowledge it is not mitch's fault he suffered this injury.

If I can summarise the emotion currents of this thread -

Reaction 1: Mitch is an honest hard-working player, was excellent for us whenever he got onto the field, has had an appalling run of injuries and now seems to be emotionally overwhelmed by the seeming futility of trying to get back on the park after yet another injury cruelled him just as he was getting right. He deserves our respect and support and should be left to get his head right.

Reaction 2: We (the fans and members) in this situation are the employers and Mitch is our highest paid employee. His injury run has been frustrating but we understood these things happen. Now he is taking indefinite full-pay leave and we aren't even being given anything like a clear reason for why. We're on a frighteningly tight budget, we need everything to be going right, and Mitch's salary means we lose other players to free agency, or miss out on player's who might have been brilliant fits for our needs, then we have a right to feel dudded and angry, and to feel like Mitch is being just a bit selfish.

It's not an either-or split, personally I lean a lot more to Number 1. But there's no denying that Number 2 creeps around in the dark spaces at the back of many of us.

• Like 2

Ease off. It was a light heated comment. I guess for you I should have thrown a few lol's and emoticons for context.

Light hearted, but also obviously loaded with disdain and superiority.

Gandhi would be on twitter these days. It is all remarkably easy to filter for what actually matters to you, with a few clicks you can never hear about My Kitchen Rules again. Good times.

• Like 1

So was mine. I guess for you I should have handwritten a letter.

Nicce work.Dabbling in disdain and superiority after just admonishing someone for the same thing there headless.

Gandhi would be on twitter these days.

Dalai Lama. Daily tweeter.

(though even with a direct connection upstairs, he seemingly has no recommendations for our forward line, or insights into Mitch's timeframe).

• Like 1

Nicce work.Dabbling in disdain and superiority after just admonishing someone for the same thing there headless.

I was doing it ironically. Also, I never admonished anyone for their "disdain and superiority". That was someone else.

The only point I was making is that it is old fashioned to place social media on a lower echelon of communication than other, more "traditional" media.

Edited by Chook

It's one of lifes great ironies that irony rarely works in text.

But I am sure you mean well.

It's one of lifes great ironies that irony rarely works in text.

But I am sure you mean well.

Irony works fine. It's sarcasm that's hard to pick up. Of course you need to be smart to detect irony, so I suppose it does go to waste from time to time.

I'm sure Moonshadow is really happy you stuck up for him. I don't know how he would have handled my "disdain and superiority" without you to intervene on his behalf. But I am sure you meant well.

Every chance you get to rag off on Mitch OD

why bring up his wage? He is a Melbourne player, on our list sharing in the salary cap like everyone else. I don't see why you talk about his wage every time, for the life of me you still don't seem to acknowledge it is not mitch's fault he suffered this injury.

Tell me something that is not factually true in that statement Gd.

Is he not the highest paid

Is it not true that we have got

Little for the money?

Did I say that it was his fault he is injured?

Not sure what you want I was agreeing with hardtack that it is the clubs problem to sort out.

Did I say throw him in the street? Did I say we should not be paying him?

All I have ever said is we have got little from 2+ years and stand little chance of much this year.

• Like 1

how jolly decent of him

Why do some think thats adequate ? What most might consider is stepping away from whatever ails them entirely intil you have yourself together . Then and only them putting your hand up. This club is being extremely accommodating.

If this was short term fine.. but undefined term makes it a little unpalatable.

Cue...arrows

how jolly decent of him

Why do some think thats adequate ? What most might consider is stepping away from whatever ails them entirely intil you have yourself together . Then and only them putting your hand up. This club is being extremely accommodating.

If this was short term fine.. but undefined term makes it a little unpalatable.

Cue...arrows

Should sack Hogan too then seeing his injury is an undefined period also... Or maybe we should just try and be grown ups about it hey?

Edited by stuie

I respect the club giving Mitch a time out and it is none of our business what is going on in his private life, BUT I am a little upset that Mitch is actively posting just how good he feels with his photography right now.

He posts pretty good black & white photos almost daily, many of which have his beloved as the subject. Can he really be in that dark a place? Maybe he does want out of footy so he can concentrate on his true passion and footy is gone. Maybe he should lighten up or lessen the Facebook posts ???????

• Like 2

I respect the club giving Mitch a time out and it is none of our business what is going on in his private life, BUT I am a little upset that Mitch is actively posting just how good he feels with his photography right now.

He posts pretty good black & white photos almost daily, many of which have his beloved as the subject. Can he really be in that dark a place? Maybe he does want out of footy so he can concentrate on his true passion and footy is gone. Maybe he should lighten up or lessen the Facebook posts ???????

Or maybe taking and sharing photos helps him feel better and you should just let him do it?

Far out. Are you people serious?!

Should sack Hogan too then seeing his injury is an undefined period also... Or maybe we should just try and be grown ups about it hey?

stuie just which bit of Mitchs playing/injury history has escaped you?

Is Hogan putting his hand up for indefinite leave ?

There is no analogy here...no parallel of event.