Campbell Brown sacked!

stuie

By definition a king hit is one the victim does not see coming. Your suggestion that there was a verbal clash first that continued into fisticuffs conflicts with the notion of a king hit which really ought to be called a coward's hit.

Gleeons' account makes sense of it with the hit coming after the verbal stuff subsided and May thinking the episode was over.

I despise Brown so without the benefit of being able to resort to the facts I conclude May was hit from behind at a time when he had no reason to expect an assault - a classic coward's hit as practiced by such predecessors of Brown's as Leigh Mathews (on Bruns, on Giles, on Stephen Smith).

please pitmaster i made no suggestions of any sort (except the bit about stuie)

i merely paraphrased the various claims put them in sequence and added allegedly to them

it will all come out eventually

and as i said previously the seed doesn't fall far from the tree

If you're talking on the field, then yes, he is worse than Nicholson. I'm not saying Nicholson is a good player. But Campbell Brown hasn't played decent AFL football for 6 years. If you're talking overall (bringing into consideration the fact he has committed multiple dog acts), then he is a million times worse. Brown is a pathetic, low-life scumbag who doesn't deserve the time of day this thread is giving him. There is a difference between courage/toughness and thuggery. That aside, comparing Brown to Brereton, Matthews and Lloyd is just unbelievable. Those three are stars of the game. Brown is a washed up hack.

Brereton openly admitted to attacking Yeats from Geelong in a doco about the 1989 Grand Final. In his words he pretended to go for a mark but was intending to take out Yeats and he did not care what damage he did. Yeats took revenge in the Grand Final by breaking Brereton's ribs.

Talk to Neville Bruns about Matthews. Mathews recently said he regrets taking out Bruns. Even Mathews called this act as thuggery.

Campbell Browns hatred of Lloyd began when Lloyd took out a hawk player. It may have been the 'line in the sand' game when Brereton asked hawk players to stop being bullied by Bomber players advocating for his players to take out bombers players

I could not care if they are champions. That's an irrelevant point.

Pickett took players out with bumps on players away from the play. Yet he was loved as a Dee. Hated when he was a Power player

Without wanting to debate the Jurrah issue, many supported him and his act of thuggery was far worse than that of CB

Judgements here are biased due to hatred of the guy.

Also, It's funny how mant get excited when there is inside news regarding drafting and trades, but FBPO gets grief for proving inside info on this issue.

Campbell Browns hatred of Lloyd began when Lloyd took out a hawk player.

Seems Brown is still a Hawthorn boy through and through...this time he was defending the honour of his former Hawks team mate Gibson.

Brereton openly admitted to attacking Yeats from Geelong in a doco about the 1989 Grand Final. In his words he pretended to go for a mark but was intending to take out Yeats and he did not care what damage he did. Yeats took revenge in the Grand Final by breaking Brereton's ribs.

Talk to Neville Bruns about Matthews. Mathews recently said he regrets taking out Bruns. Even Mathews called this act as thuggery.

Campbell Browns hatred of Lloyd began when Lloyd took out a hawk player. It may have been the 'line in the sand' game when Brereton asked hawk players to stop being bullied by Bomber players advocating for his players to take out bombers players

I could not care if they are champions. That's an irrelevant point.

Pickett took players out with bumps on players away from the play. Yet he was loved as a Dee. Hated when he was a Power player

Without wanting to debate the Jurrah issue, many supported him and his act of thuggery was far worse than that of CB

Judgements here are biased due to hatred of the guy.

Also, It's funny how mant get excited when there is inside news regarding drafting and trades, but FBPO gets grief for proving inside info on this issue.

No, you made the point about Brown as a player and the value he would have with us and in making your point you brought in the names of champions of the game. Yes the point is irrelevant as many of us have tried to point out to you, Brown is just not that good a footballer.

As for hatred of the guy, I'm sure all the other fan forums are getting stuck into him at the moment too. When you play the game like he does what else would you expect.

People are arguing with you about his value as a footballer, he has none for us now. Maybe a few years back.

My favourite Brown moment was at the 'G' a couple of years back and someone kicked a high ball over his head just near the MCC members. Brown was running back with the flight of the ball and looked around to see if anyone was coming and saw Howe heading towards him. Lip reading the word f….coming from him as has spotted Howe. He backed back took his whack and of course Howe took the mark.

rjay, no need to translate what I said.

I said if he is sacked he is a better option than Nicho and the club should pay out Nicho's contract and get CB. I called it bettering our list. CB is a better player than Nicho and I stand by that. Even if he is at the end of his career.

I also said I m sick of our club being bullied and that CB would help our club to toughen up. I used the reference about 'Bruise Fee Football'

I went on and used the example of Pickett (another thug). He was loved at our club but hated as an opposition player.

A lot of responses made here are made because of the hatred for this guy. I believe he would stand up for our young list with his experience, and his white line fever.

I stand by my examples of Brereton, Matthew and Lloyd.

rjay, no need to translate what I said.

I said if he is sacked he is a better option than Nicho and the club should pay out Nicho's contract and get CB. I called it bettering our list. CB is a better player than Nicho and I stand by that. Even if he is at the end of his career.

I also said I m sick of our club being bullied and that CB would help our club to toughen up. I used the reference about 'Bruise Fee Football'

I went on and used the example of Pickett (another thug). He was loved at our club but hated as an opposition player.

A lot of responses made here are made because of the hatred for this guy. I believe he would stand up for our young list with his experience, and his white line fever.

I stand by my examples of Brereton, Matthew and Lloyd.

Ok, so let's leave all the other players and examples out of it.

You think Brown would be a better bet than Nicho who is the new Cale Morton at the club. There's no doubt he has had the better career and has been the better player by a long way but that's not now. He is at the end and probably finished as a player, Nicho could well be in the same boat. One cancels out the other in my view.

Do we need someone to stick up for our players? I don't think we need that now, the bruise free thing came up in Bailey's time as coach and was probably right. Since then we have been just been no good. I think the list we have now is capable of looking after itself and the game that Roos will introduce will be in a big part about that.

The old days of the protector are long gone, Brown would bring nothing but weeks on the sidelines and or 50 metre penalties for doing something stupid.

Edited by rjay

Brown would fill a role of defensive half forward who kicks goals. Something the club lacks. Roos and Neeld spoke about recruiting big bodied players to protect the clubs young players. Vince and Cross are examples and in the Neeld years Brynes, Pederson and Rodan. Regardless of the success of the named, CB fits the mould.

TBH, I really could not give a crap what happens with Brown. I was just making some points. The reality is our list is settled. He won't come to us. But I would like some more white line fever in our list. I want the club to draw a line in the sand with its performances. The club/players need to send a MSG to the football world and say we will be respected, and if you don't respect us, I will make sure you regret it.

As I said previously. Gold Coast complained about the treatment served up by our club in relation to Ablett. A very big step forward IMO. We were unsociable, played tough etc. this should be a weekly occurrence

I love this topic so much

Can we have a national sack Campbell Brown day once a year?

Right, so you want a guy playing for us who will bully our own players then? Great logic.

This should go further then just sacking him, he should be charged with assault. It's not much different to the Nick Darcy. I hope he is convicted, sued, what if he fell backwards like hooks, no we do not need this kind of person on the streets, let alone at our club.

This should go further then just sacking him, he should be charged with assault. It's not much different to the Nick Darcy. I hope he is convicted, sued, what if he fell backwards like hooks, no we do not need this kind of person on the streets, let alone at our club.

Interesting that this aspect isn't getting much attention. He is lucky that May didn't fall and hit his head on the concrete, like others have done when hit.

The tabloids should be focusing on Rihannas [censored]-which has been her greatest asset .

Interesting that this aspect isn't getting much attention. He is lucky that May didn't fall and hit his head on the concrete, like others have done when hit.[/quuuuote]

Yes what message is this setting kids that if u have a disagreement with someone then u king hit them, the stupid posters that think we need a thug àre ether thugs or people that have never been king hit, this sort of things are happening to often on our streets, so shame on anyone who thinks brown is a hero then they are people I would not like to know, they are showing their true colors.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/11/30/07/16/footage-emerges-of-gold-coast-suns-brawl

You really want someone of this quality at our club demonsterative? Really? You think a bloke 30 years old who still can't handle his grog, belting a 21year old while he is getting held, you think this is a positive person to have around? It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, you belt someone drunk like that when they aren't ready for it, you're a coward and thug. I've no doubt I could break the jaw of Anthony mundine if he was sloshed and unsuspecting- I guess you like that too?

I'm absolutely disgusted people would talk about bringing a person like that to our club. Yes boys will be boys, yes sometimes you have a argument or a scuffle, but 2 cheap shots reaching over a guy holding him back? That's not on. As angrydemons has pointed out, what if he fell over and fell back on something, he is clearly sauced, how will he keep his balance?

It doesn't matter if you're a footballer, doctor, actor or plain joe off the street- hitting someone with a cheap shot like that is cowardly and a thug act, and I hope that soon the judicial system start to take it a bit more seriously.

Apparently his old man had a meltdown rant on radio yesterday.

What a class family they must be.

May be we should send him this gift

Smallest-Violin.jpg

Apparently his old man had a meltdown rant on radio yesterday.

What a class family they must be.

In fairness he's defending his son in a difficult time. All parents think their kids are innocent it's a natural thing. Mal Brown was a thug on the field when that was allowed. Campbell hasn't been a thug on the field but he's stretched the limits. Overall I agree with some on here who have made the case for us getting a player like that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I certainly don't agree with getting Brown though due to his age, average talent and now 2 off field misdemeanors involving younger players on overseas trips.

Let's see what comes out of it but the only thing that can save Brown's career would be a startling admission of significant provocation from May that in a way makes Brown's action understandable if not justifiable.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Gefky-UOxQc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGefky-UOxQc%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen. Mal brown with a language warning attached

You tell 'em Mal :)

All class. But then sometimes the journo's deserve it.

stuie,

I get your point, time to let it go.

Off topic, have you noticed that when you type in your name, the auto spell comes up with the word 'stupid'. Seriously! It does