• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Joel Tippett

Back in my youth (/sigh) my best for the 100m was 11.1, breaking the 11 sec barrier is bloody tough. To do it with minimal weight training is actually very bloody impressive, with an elite training schedule this kid could be anything

The word is we are interested in him, but with three other clubs circling would we use our rookie #2 pick on him? Seems a tad high....would have thought a good prospect left over from the draft would be in line for our first pick.

Would rather a young prospect.

Don't believe in getting 25 year olds (and has been delisted from 2 clubs).

You know what your getting with Tippet - a fringe player. But with a youngster the sky is the limit.

Pretty impressive testing in October helping his cause.....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-14/tippett-hopes-for-third-chance

SA screening result

Running Vertical Jump
Joel Tippett - 95cm
Tom Gray - 85cm
Byron Sumner - 82cm

Standing Vertical Jump
Joel Tippett - 79cm
Liam Jacka - 68cm
Tom Gray/Baydon Ngalkin - 66cm

20m Sprint
Baydon Ngalkin - 2.902 secs
Robert Young - 2.908 secs
Joel Tippett / Liam Jacka - 2.92 secs

Agility
Robert Young - 7.83 secs
Joel Tippett - 8.00 secs
Jake Pitt - 8.40 secs

30m Repeat Sprints
Liam Jacka - 24.34 secs
Joel Tippett - 25.01 secs
Josh Waldhuter - 25.25 secs

Beep Test
Jake Pitt - 14.11
George Hewett - 14.01
Korey Beard - 13.08

Would rather a young prospect.

Don't believe in getting 25 year olds (and has been delisted from 2 clubs).

You know what your getting with Tippet - a fringe player. But with a youngster the sky is the limit.

We already have Pederson, Byrnes, Jones, Terlich as mature recruits and hopefully none of them will get a game next year; with all due respect to Jones and Terlich. Slipping in another Mature Aged recruit will not do our cause any good, if we are looking to improve; I'm happy with Cross because he's a very good proven footballer who probably has a few years left.

If we think he's up to it I can't see any reason why we can't rookie Tippett AND an 18yo KPB prospect like Fort or Spencer etc

We've already got a lot of midfield cannon fodder:

N.Jones, Watts, Toumpas, Viney, Trengove, Tyson, McKenzie, Kent, Blease, Cross, Michie, Vince, Nicholson, Riley, Grimes, Evans, Barry, Tapscott, Howe, Bail, M.Jones, Salem, JKH, Hunt.

We'd still have 2 rookie spots for a State League or 18yo mid, who are probably surplus to requirements anyway.

We already have Pederson, Byrnes, Jones, Terlich as mature recruits and hopefully none of them will get a game next year; with all due respect to Jones and Terlich. Slipping in another Mature Aged recruit will not do our cause any good, if we are looking to improve; I'm happy with Cross because he's a very good proven footballer who probably has a few years left.

bit harsh on terlich and jones

Robb f I dont think the f stands for flower, DT is a very good player. , who says a player can't get better after 25 ted richards has been way better player after 25.

No one does, I just don't think DT should be in our best 22 if we are serious about getting better. He just makes too many bad decisions.

bit harsh on terlich and jones

*Very

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/joel-tippet

His highlights are impressive. If he isn't taken in the PSD I expect us to go with him at pick 2 in the rookie draft.

His playing style I would probably compare to Ben Reid. Tall athletic who intercepts marks and spoils at the right time. A left footer aswell.

From the vision, I think Tippett looks pretty good. Safe pair of hands in a contest, but also seems to know when to attempt a mark and when to spoil (usually to the advantage of his own team mates)... also liked his second efforts in what was pretty limited vision.

Pretty impressive testing in October helping his cause..... http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-14/tippett-hopes-for-third-chance SA screening resultRunning Vertical JumpJoel Tippett - 95cmTom Gray - 85cmByron Sumner - 82cmStanding Vertical JumpJoel Tippett - 79cmLiam Jacka - 68cmTom Gray/Baydon Ngalkin - 66cm20m SprintBaydon Ngalkin - 2.902 secsRobert Young - 2.908 secsJoel Tippett / Liam Jacka - 2.92 secsAgilityRobert Young - 7.83 secsJoel Tippett - 8.00 secsJake Pitt - 8.40 secs30m Repeat SprintsLiam Jacka - 24.34 secsJoel Tippett - 25.01 secsJosh Waldhuter - 25.25 secsBeep TestJake Pitt - 14.11George Hewett - 14.01Korey Beard - 13.08

Says zilch about his footballing ability though, doesn't it.

He's been delisted by two clubs.

No.

Says zilch about his footballing ability though, doesn't it.

He's been delisted by two clubs.

No.

You're probably right, however if there is one position on the field where you get away with being more athlete than footballer it would have to be full back. Alistair Nicholson was a good example, and he was one of the better full backs during his time, purely because he was strong, quick and could spoil well. Sean Wight another.

You're probably right, however if there is one position on the field where you get away with being more athlete than footballer it would have to be full back. Alistair Nicholson was a good example, and he was one of the better full backs during his time, purely because he was strong, quick and could spoil well. Sean Wight another.

much as i liked nicho i wouldn't describe him as one of the better full backs of his time