Casey Scorpions News

KC from Casey

Former Casey Scorpion Wade Lees who copped a ban of almost two full seasons for mistakenly importing a banned supplement (which he never even received) has done his time and is coming back into the VFL system through Frankston - Drug ban served, Wade Lees plots VFL return with Frankston Dolphins.

I'm not sure why he's decided not to rejoin Casey where he seemed to be a good fit before his suspension. It seems that Casey has adopted a policy of signing most of its young guns while the a number of the older, more established players are looking elsewhere at stand alone or suburban clubs.

I live out near Casey Fields and let me tell you all the great reasons for the MFC training out here ..........

Ummmmmm............ no, can't think of anything.

Berwick is nice, Narre Warren North is lovely. But Cranbourne and Hampton Park would make Pia Miller look ugly.

Actually I can think of two reasons:

1. I can get to see heaps of pre-season training up close and personal

2. There are heaps of new homes, and many immigrant families who are yet to establish AFL allegiance. The Dees could easily get 8000+members out here if they put the work in, Success on the field would help.

• Like 1

Actually I can think of two reasons:

1. I can get to see heaps of pre-season training up close and personal

2. There are heaps of new homes, and many immigrant families who are yet to establish AFL allegiance. The Dees could easily get 8000+members out here if they put the work in, Success on the field would help.

Without question - it's a long term commitment and if we can develop a team that plays attractive winning football then we have an opportunity to cash in with a substantial increase in membership numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Army on twitter reporting that Troy Davis has signed with Casey.

Troy is a good get for Casey where he played some very good footy whilst on Melbourne's list.

His signing comes on top of news from the Gippsland Power Under 18s that two of their best players have signed on with the Scorpions.

Ed Morris was the Power's 2013 B&F winner and Nate Paredes won their most disciplined player award. Both are around the 178cm mark.

I think Casey is proceeding with a general policy of fostering local youth these days rather than going for big name signings. The policy has some merit, particularly where the club isn't flush with funds.

That would be good for him and provides continuity with VFL/AFL guys. Also Troy showed versatility to play at either end of the ground which is handy as the Melbourne talls can develop around him, he doesn't have to play a specific role.

It also keeps him under the eye of those who thought him worthy of drafting. Maturity may well bring improvement as it has with a number of others and he has the benefit of the Roos system.

At least he has chosen to play where the Melbourne coaching staff will see a lot of him. Maybe we will see a massive turnaround and he could get re-drafted?

Casey Radio just sacked all of its paid employees. Apart from broadcasting one Casey finals game this year, they stopped doing games a couple of years ago.

Sad situation out Cranbourne way. Local council locked in controversy, footy club almost broke and now the local radio station.

The freeway bypass is a big hit though .

I dont want to get WYL started-but it's looking like a dud deal.

Nor do I want to upset KC who gives us the news.

I have never liked the alignment with the outer east.

I would prefer we concentrate on a city venue with money making potential.

We should be looking at getting the Junction Oval revamped to hold 30 thousand as a boutique stadium for home games.

The MCC MFC ST kilda Council ,Melbourne council and some private backers could get it done .

And it's only a stumble from the Gat.

We should be looking at getting the Junction Oval revamped to hold 30 thousand as a boutique stadium for home games.

The MCC MFC ST kilda Council ,Melbourne council and some private backers could get it done .

Or, better still, share the Punt Road Oval with Richmond!

As mentioned in a post above, the Casey Scorpions have announced former Demon Troy Davis as their key signing to date - Casey Scorpions Signings

2014 recruits include:

■ Troy Davis (Melbourne)

■ Ricky Ferraro (Collingwood VFL)

■ Ed Morris, Nathaniel Paredes and Jake Thomas (Gippsland Power)

■ Matt Rennie and Joseph West (Dandenong Stingrays)

■ Ryan Morrison (Narre Warren)

Sometimes Biffen you should take a peek out of your little box and you might see how big the world really is.

DC, I still not sure can you show me on this map of Australia where the Gat is?

Gd2ewly.jpg

This message just intercepted from friendly source

Move Crocadile Dundee into NT stop.No peeple live in ACT stop.Move Opera House to Sydeney stop.

Move Kangaroos to Tasmania with Hawks stop. Secret agent Gat still alive and kicking in Lygon St stop.

Agent Jake and friends still active but might have to replace Brody stop.

Regards in confidence " You No Chitty Bang Bang " stop. I gottya covered Tone stop.

Practice matches I can confirm against the two oldest VFL clubs:-

Saturday 8 March - Casey Scorpions v Box Hill Hawks @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne (Seniors 11.00 am curtain raiser to Melbourne v Hawthorn)

Saturday 15 March - Casey Scorpions v Williamstown @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne (Seniors 2.00 pm; Development League 11.00 am)

Saturday 22 March - Casey Scorpions v Port Melbourne @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne (Seniors 2.00 pm; Development League 11.00 am)

As mentioned in a post above, the Casey Scorpions have announced former Demon Troy Davis as their key signing to date - Casey Scorpions Signings

2014 recruits include:

■ Troy Davis (Melbourne)

■ Ricky Ferraro (Collingwood VFL)

■ Ed Morris, Nathaniel Paredes and Jake Thomas (Gippsland Power)

■ Matt Rennie and Joseph West (Dandenong Stingrays)

■ Ryan Morrison (Narre Warren)

have also heard that you guys have picked up daniel welsh from eastern ranges. heard it from daniel himself. good choice!

have also heard that you guys have picked up daniel welsh from eastern ranges. heard it from daniel himself. good choice!

You seem to keep pumping up a bloke that didnt even get a snippet of a mention during the draft period. Are you sure your not him?

Sometimes Biffen you should take a peek out of your little box and you might see how big the world really is.

I've seen suburbs before.They are really awesome but....

Let the Mohammeds come to the mountain I reckon.

Casey Scorpions have been decimated by departures as the finals failures and financially difficult to keep some others. Port, Williamstown & Richmond Tigers Vfl offering $$$. I think with the kids, our development youngsters and guys like Panozza, Gent, Best and Davis, Casey should be around 5-6th position.

• 1 month later...

Practice matches I can confirm against the two oldest VFL clubs:-

Correction: the opening practice match v Box Hill Hawks will be played at the finish of the Melbourne v Hawthorn game at 4.00pm so that the AFL game will be the curtain raiser:-

Saturday 8 March - Casey Scorpions v Box Hill Hawks @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne (Seniors 4.00 pm)

Saturday 15 March - Casey Scorpions v Williamstown @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne (Seniors 2.00 pm; Development League 11.00 am)

Saturday 22 March - Casey Scorpions v Port Melbourne @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne (Seniors 2.00 pm; Development League 11.00 am)

In other news skipper Evan Panozza and Will Petropoulos, one of last year's big improvers, have both committed to the club again for 2014.

There are 2 chances of getting the Junction Oval developed as a 30,000 capacity boutique stadium. Buckleys and Nunn. And they're not around anymore to be one of your financial backers. There is no political capital for any level of Government in investing tens of millions of dollars in such a redevelopment. Its most likely fate is a cricket centre of excellence. There is politcal capital in that and its much cheaper than the stadium.

Casey makes sense. And I've never lived east of Warrigal Rd or west of Punt Rd. Every time I travel out to Casey another estate has started. For kids growing up out there Casey should be their local community team as they will grow up with it rather having the knowledge of it being a transplanted team. It'll be natural for them to follow Casey. We'll have to work hard on community engagement and it'll help for the Dees to be successful obviously. In tems of any further development of Casey Fields the marginal seats in the outer east may provide the political capital.

I would like to see them rebranded as the Casey Demons playing in Melbourne colors.

• Like 1