Jamar up for trade

You would think with Jamar being 30 only a club right in their window would consider him.

Hawthorn - Hale, McEvoy

Freo - Sandy, Clarke, Griffen

Geelong - Macintosh Simpson, Blitz, West, Vardy

Syd - Pyke

Coll - Grundy, Witts

North - Goldy, Curry

Carl - Kruz, Warnock

Adelaide - Jacobs.

Port - Lobe, Redden

Rich - Maric, Hampson

Of that list I would think that Sydney and Adelaide are the most likely.

Edited by Steve13

You would think with Jamar being 30 only a club right in their window would consider him.

Hawthorn - Hale, McEvoy

Freo - Sandy, Clarke, Griffen

Geelong - Macintosh Simpson, Blitz, West, Vardy

Syd - Pyke

Coll - Grundy, Witts

North - Goldy, Curry

Carl - Kruz, Warnock

Adelaide - Jacobs.

Port - Lobe, Redden

Rich - Maric, Hampson

Of that list I would think that Sydney and Adelaide are the most likely.

Brisbane (If Longer leaves,... Jamar to team up with Moloney again?)

Brisbane (If Longer leaves,... Jamar to team up with Moloney again?)

well they are collecting our give-aways :rolleyes:

If he does go on the trade table, since we offered him a 3 year deal for what would be good money it would be a monty that we would have to fund part of his contract if he moved. Over the years this has been the case when we traded out overpaid footballer ( Trapper and Woey)

I think it would be interesting to see Roos reaction when he sees what we pay our players - Unfortunately we have to pay a minimum of 92% of the cap and Roos would also know what Sydney paid their players. Roos would look down the list at what we pay and say " you pay him how much ????????? are you kidding me ??????"

Can rule out the Hawks, Big Boy McEvoy is headed there..

I can't understand the Saints, they have cooked it..

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-10-10/saints-get-firstround-pick-and-savage-for-mcevoy

He is coming into his prime, will be close to best in the comp next year now he is at the Hawks..

Saints, odds for the spoon??

Wow that is a big deal - 17 + Savage for McEvoy. Leaves Longer in the cold. Maybe the Saints could be a destination for Jamar as a bridging #1 ruck (rather than insurance at some other club).

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 4

Wouldn't suit Geelong at all with Simpson due back, Vardy, Blitz and co but could be a backup at Hawthorn for a developing Longer if they get him.

Geelong already have an injury prone ruckman too. remember they picked up Hamish McIntosh last trade period, so I doubt Jamar is off to Geelong

If true.. our own rat pack has now been eradicated. Moloney, Sylvia and Russian..

In saying that, i wish Russian all the best, big hearted ruckman,that when on was great to watch.

We'll be lucky to have another club take the Russian off our hands, but I agree with 55 -- following the McEvoy trade, St Kilda may be his most likely destination as backup for Hickey.

Having said that, I now expect the Saints to make a big play for Longer.

• Like 1

We'll be lucky to have another club take the Russian off our hands, but I agree with 55 -- following the McEvoy trade, St Kilda may be his most likely destination as backup for Hickey.

cant see Saints givig up any picks that would work that deal

Maybe not, but they might give up a player like Gilbert, who is from QLD..?

It's a firesale down at Seaford!

Possible.. hes currently doing a builders course down here but no reason he couldnt keep that going up there

I thought that too but Saints list manager on Trade Radio saying their aim is to get 3 top 20 picks this year so you'd think that would rule out Longer for them.

Geelong should actually consider it. McIntosh may never play again. West is rubbish. Blitz and Vardy are both really good prospects but aren't first ruck guys, at least not for the next couple of years. Leaves them with Dawson Simpson and nothing. If they want to beat Freo in a final they should get a solid body to take away his influence.

I thought that too but Saints list manager on Trade Radio saying their aim is to get 3 top 20 picks this year so you'd think that would rule out Longer for them.

Well they'll look pretty stupid burning out Tom Hickey. If I was them I'd go hard at Longer and have 2 promising developing rucks so they don't overcook either of them. I think they burnt out McEvoy to a degree. I don't think McEvoy is a star but he'll be better sharing ruck and forward duties with Hale. Both a touch undersized but they compete and a very good around the ground and can play forward.

I think if we are getting rid of Jamar we need to get a new ruck prospect.

Gawn - good but 2 knee recos

Fitzy - a 2nd ruckman

Spencer - VFL player

We cant put all our eggs in one basket.

Maybe Jamar to Freo for Jack Hannath?

I think if we are getting rid of Jamar we need to get a new ruck prospect.

Gawn - good but 2 knee recos

Fitzy - a 2nd ruckman

Spencer - VFL player

We cant put all our eggs in one basket.

Maybe Jamar to Freo for Jack Hannath?

We all want Hannath back and Ross Lyon loves his mature players but I think with Sandilands, Griffin, Clarke and Kepler as a back up they're last on the list for Jamar.