Brad Sewell

w00dy

Cross and Sewell? No thanks, old, slow and suspect kicking is no way to build a midfield. Jamar as well, Spose it's hard to tackle blokes on mobility scooters!

Of course why would we want players who are better than the ones we currently have and would bring some much needed leadership to a club that has very little

• Like 1

Viney, Toumpas, Barry ,Watt & draftees need to develop in the team and in the middle. Filling the team with Cross, Sewell, Byrnes is a waste, is it gonna win games? I'd rather Sewell over Cross but both were dropped to the VFL this year for form, both have lost a yard and I believe one of them is more interested in establishing a media Career than helping the Dees win back respect. They are better than Rodan, but same mistake I think.

We have NO leaders in the midfield apart from Jonesy. We could use pick 2 to pick the best young midfielder and then have Sewell and Cross for the next 1 to 2 years setting an example both on and off the field for them. They would also assist Toumpas, Viney and any other young midfielders we have or acquire. They would be smart pick ups. Either of them is a mile better than Rodan or any other idiots we picked up under Nield. Remember that our young Mids need to be shepherded and protected through their first 50-75 games, and these 2 would be perfect for that.

• Like 1

An recently moved on member of our last coaching panel said 2 weeks ago that Brad would be a demon next year..

Chappy, & Cross/Sewell

one Small Forward/Mid, & one mature Mid

one elder player running thru the midfield at a time, & one forward.

as they need a rest, our young come in to fight for the spot.

• Like 1

Viney, Toumpas, Barry ,Watt & draftees need to develop in the team and in the middle. Filling the team with Cross, Sewell, Byrnes is a waste, is it gonna win games? I'd rather Sewell over Cross but both were dropped to the VFL this year for form, both have lost a yard and I believe one of them is more interested in establishing a media Career than helping the Dees win back respect. They are better than Rodan, but same mistake I think.

you have to force the kids to fight for a spot to improve themselves. they need hurdles in front of them to make then improve. & to learn from those 'quality hurdles'

our weak culture & lazy attitudes comes from having roads paved infront of them as they go. & no strong leaders to show them which way to go.

we had to get rid of some old players which couldn't lead a brassband to to a bar.

we'll have to import some Real leaders to show the way to our young players.

Players from successful clubs to build culture didn't work last year. Is Sewell a leader or does he line up behind Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughhead and the rest of them. I think like Byrnes he could have been on the coat tails of a great midfield. Is there any evidence he can teach a kid how to play? And that's the coaches job anyway, and we have a great coach. Has he any experience working with a young midfield.

I'm Probably harsh, he would probably be our second best mid next year. But I'm not convinced he would be a valuable teacher in terms of culture, coaching and training.

Players from successful clubs to build culture didn't work last year. Is Sewell a leader or does he line up behind Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughhead and the rest of them. I think like Byrnes he could have been on the coat tails of a great midfield. Is there any evidence he can teach a kid how to play? And that's the coaches job anyway, and we have a great coach. Has he any experience working with a young midfield.

I'm Probably harsh, he would probably be our second best mid next year. But I'm not convinced he would be a valuable teacher in terms of culture, coaching and training.

Sewell?

Ever listened to him on 360? Ever looked at his body?

Seems to be one of the best trainers and prepares at hawthorn, and I think wants to go into coaching once he has finished. Can win inside footy 30+ times and consistently stands up in big games. (besides quiet gf this yr)

29, could get 2-3 years out of him in a playing assistant role.

• Like 4

He is far better than Byrnes.

Hmm..Sewell

Sewell and Cross... a bit Dad's army but the two are f brilliant trainers and hard at it get the ball mids. Two very sound thinkers with the ball. when was the last time we had that in the middle ??

Probably in an ideal world we wouldnt go this way. Its not ideal though is it. Maybe some scaffolding whilst the middle builds itself isnt such a bad direction. means we'd be at least semi competitive from round 1. means the forwards get some feed, potential to do some scoreboard injury. The backs the a small reprieve and the tide changes.

Youd have to look at it on its merits.

We have to stop hemorrhaging in games. This would help. Doesnt have to be forever. hmmmm

• Like 1

He is far better than Byrnes.

Im better than Byrnes !!!

• Like 1

Pick 20 ( ish ) Sylvia compo pick plus our 3rd round pick to H for Savage and Sewell ? Doable ?