Col Garland's words of great character

felixdacat

Just watched Colin Garland Season Review Video on the MFC Website and was blown away about his last few lines

"Your mates are what drive you through pre-season, your mates are what drive you through, you know, ten or eleven losses in a row and that's what kept us going the whole time I feel. And sort of, if we haven't been broken yet, I don't think where going to get broken....at all"

http://m.melbournefc.com.au/video/2013-09-25/season-review-colin-garland

Edited by PugtheMagician

I like hearing Garland speak more than any other player on the list cos he comes across as the most genuine. Love ya Col.

• Like 10

Just watched Colin Garland Season Review Video on the MFC Website and was blown away about his last few lines

"Your mates are what drive you through pre-season, your mates are what drive you through, you know, ten or eleven losses in a row and that's what kept us going the whole time I feel. And sort of, if we haven't been broken yet, I don't think where going to get broken....at all"

http://m.melbournefc.com.au/video/2013-09-25/season-review-colin-garland

No worries, Col.

This year broke me into f*%#ing pieces!

I like hearing Garland speak more than any other player on the list cos he comes across as the most genuine. Love ya Col.

Yes, a very good type of bloke to have at our club. Quality comes through when times are tough. Reinforces why we should stick fat with the joint.

why the hell is the website doing season reviews? Forget 2013 and wipe it from the memory. So many players were pathetic, and i bet they get talked up in their little review

Because you'll never learn if you don't look to the past. Most players can learn a thing or two by having a look at how they went in 2013.

• Like 6

For me, Col was the standout player for the season. We expect excellence from Nat Jones but Col lifted his game in the face of huge adversity. He has improved every aspect of his game and its a credit to his character.

• Like 16

perhaps you need to get some mates.

I have quite a few, trouble is with a couple of exceptions they barrack for Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon, Brisbane and Collingwood.

Don't help much when you have lost ten in a row by an average margin of ten goals.

The worst part is they don't even laugh any more

They just change the subject when I appear and talk about cricket, motor racing, horses anything but football.

I am well over it I need their hate!

• Like 1

why the hell is the website doing season reviews?

Forget 2013 and wipe it from the memory. So many players were pathetic, and i bet they get talked up in their little review

Seeing that you have called many of our players pathetic I reckon that means I am within my rights to calling many of your posts moronic. Why don't you take your "Special" comments and start your own thread about the team and its weakness and leave my thread for the posters who want to discuss Col Garland's words of Resolve.

The thread is about Col Garlands words of character and strength.To show that when faced with the pains of constant criticism and loss that a player like Col is able to say I will not break, we will not break and we will keep fighting. If you want to debate that then go ahead don't make broad moronic statements about the teams ability and whether the MFC should be publishing players review from 2013.

• Like 9

For me, Col was the standout player for the season. We expect excellence from Nat Jones but Col lifted his game in the face of huge adversity. He has improved every aspect of his game and its a credit to his character.

And call me biased but as a long time half back, back pocket type later in my second rate suburban football career, after being an old style centre man, when you are getting pumped week after week, there is no worse place to be than in the back line. It is just relentless pressure and every failure is pillioried by the crowd. But gee I am talking about an era when it was largely pick it up and kick it stuff, running in numbers, hand balling had just started. I would hate to be a half back these days in a poor side. You can't win, you are a sitting duck as the midfielders stream down the ground and all the forwards just take off in all directions. No place for the faint hearted. I have a lot of time for Col and Chip for what they have had to endure these past 5 years.

• Like 7

Forget 2013 and wipe it from the memory. So many players were pathetic, and i bet they get talked up in their little review

Your capacity to make one nonsense post after another is astounding.

• Like 2

Seriously whats this got to do with this thread..

You think we'll get 40,000+ members without doing any marketing or social media work? Seriously dude, get a clue.

Just got around to watching the Garland vid ( yes folks I do work ..lol ) WOW !! Mighty impressive young man. You have the feeling hes going to get better still.

Was interested re his comments about Rawlings and I can see why Roos wants his to stay on

well done Col. Impressive year, look forward to more :)

I've said it before - I think he's a Monty to be a co-captain under Roos.

Do you think we will have co captains again?

The first thing that Co captains raises in my mind is " someone could not make a decision on which player to pick"!

My gut feel tells me one captain next year and it is not either of the 2013 models.

Does that make it CG?

Just got around to watching the Garland vid ( yes folks I do work ..lol ) WOW !! Mighty impressive young man. You have the feeling hes going to get better still.

Was interested re his comments about Rawlings and I can see why Roos wants his to stay on

well done Col. Impressive year, look forward to more :)

It might mean a lot or very little, BB. Rawlings is contracted for an extra year.