The difference Roos would make (VOTE AWAY)

Grimseyisgod

If we get Roos where do you predict we'll finish (next year of course)  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just keen to see what us supporters think of the immediate impact (2014 season)

that Paul Roos would have if we were to snare him.

Considering now that he is really contemplating the Melbourne job as shown on the AFL site

Not sure about the amount of wins, but heres some things that will DEFINITELY improve by a LOT

- Percentage / competitiveness

- Culture

- Player comfidence

- Player development

- Sponsorship $$$

- Membership total

- Positive press

Wins will improve too, but i dont want to guess as the skys the limit.

Can promise you it will be a hell of a lot more then the last 2 seasons combined.

• Like 11

We're starting so fair back, if we get out of the bottom 4 next year I would be seriously surprised. I think the biggest thing Roos will bring is confidence, not only to the playing group but to the member and supporters. We'll finally have someone in the top job that he knows what to do. The players will be on notice. If they don't run under Roos there as good as gone. First season will be frustrating like MM at Carlton, Roos will want to give the players a chance and then make changes after the season.

Behold the coming of Roos.

He will restore speed to the slow, hope to the hopeless, courage to the meek and vision once again to the corridor.

• Like 5

The question is ..What midfielders could now be lured to a club which is effectively controlled by the AFL and coached by Paul Roos?

• Like 2

Not much better. I can see us ahead of the doggies, saints and GWS, but that's about it.

Maybe Saints - they just had three retire today (Kosi, Milne and Blake) and have others that are only going to get worse

Edited by Young Dee

I would expect a clearly more competitive and better coached unit in 2014, not sure if that will mean more wins, but i would hope far less floggings, far more respect from the comp and some exciting footy from our boys.

reckon 3-4 players might have huge break outs under a decent coach, going to guess now it will be

Jack Trengove

Jack Watts

Colin Sylvia

Jeremy Howe

• Like 3

I would expect a clearly more competitive and better coached unit in 2014, not sure if that will mean more wins, but i would hope far less floggings, far more respect from the comp and some exciting footy from our boys.

reckon 3-4 players might have huge break outs under a decent coach, going to guess now it will be

Jack Trengove

Jack Watts

Colin Sylvia

Jeremy Howe

Definitely Watts and Trengove

not sure about who else.. though

hopefully he can turn Jordie Mckenzie into a Ryan Crowley though, how good would that be

• Like 1

I remember the same euphoria when our last coaching messiah RB came back to the club at a similar low point in our history. He was there 5 long years without great success, it was only after his term that the hard work he put in came to fruition. If PR does come I would not be expecting miracles, just a long hard slog back up the ladder.

• Like 1

I remember the same euphoria when our last coaching messiah RB came back to the club at a similar low point in our history. He was there 5 long years without great success, it was only after his term that the hard work he put in came to fruition. If PR does come I would not be expecting miracles, just a long hard slog back up the ladder.

Agree it is going to be a slog. I look at the game last night and you just marvel at the clean ball handling under pressure at pace, time and time again by the Swans in the first half and then by the Hawks in the second. The rapid handballs to advantage in heavy traffic by both sides to then get it out to a runner heading toward goal is something totally alien to our blokes. A first year under Roos will be about some fundamentals first and sorting out the wheat from the chaff. I hope there is some wheat!

I understand the talk of this being a hard slog, and i agree, but i think we are going to find very quickly with a much stronger coaching panel just how much confidence and poor coaching has hampered this group, and to a lesser extent injury, we have never had Clark and Dawes on the field together,

i wouldn't be surprised if we're a totally different side next year, does that mean we will make the 8? i doubt it but, hopefully, this year will become a distant memory very quickly.

I think Roos himself said that supporters would have to expect a few hard years to come potentially before things turned around no matter who was the coach.

I think Roos will improve the backbone and start a new momentum of belief in the club, the supporters, and by attracting sponsors.

My feeling is that the biggest change will be supporters - membership to 40K - attendance will be up. I wont miss a game with him at the helm. And I haven't gone to every game in a season since 2009.

Players will suddenly consider Melbourne as a possible destination that could yield a promising future career. So attracting players.

In terms of onfield performance if we can get a few ready made mids we could become competitive straight away, but I wouldn't expect dramatic results until at least 2015.

• Like 2

Definitely Watts and Trengove

not sure about who else.. though

hopefully he can turn Jordie Mckenzie into a Ryan Crowley though, how good would that be

Even an Aleister Crowley might do but the guernsey number might be a problem.

I don't think that it is as bad as many think. The trouble is we have evolved into pessimists. I am confident that with an injection of a few midfielders to augment Viney and Jones, we are not far off when one considers that Hogan and Clark are both lining up next year and Trengove etc will all have had full pre-seasons. I am a Watts fan, therefore I am classed as an optimist and if we swap Gillies back to Geelong for Rivers we will have half a chance against most teams, especially if we get a few games at the "G" on a Friday and Saturday so that our supporters flock back.

Above all, the playing group have no more excuses. No more blaming the pres, the CEO, no hiding behind the shortcomings of a coach. Nothing short of total commitment, loyalty and determination will be tolerated. No more false dawns, this is the real deal!

• Like 1

Above all, the playing group have no more excuses. No more blaming the pres, the CEO, no hiding behind the shortcomings of a coach. Nothing short of total commitment, loyalty and determination will be tolerated. No more false dawns, this is the real deal!

absolutely, because if he didnt succeed it would be the players not Roos.

Because we know Roos can coach, but we havent actually seen the players play

Hope desperately that getting Roos works, but remember quite vividly the similar hype about RDB coming back, and lets not forget Blight at St.Kilda

Big build up Big disappointment Hope we have some money left over to get a top flight midfielder or two to get the ball out of the centre !