• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

From today's Age:-

In response to a writ filed by lawyers for Robinson in October, Essendon has claimed its former conditioning coach failed to put in place an ''adequate process'' to ensure substances administered to players in 2011 and 2012 did not contravene the anti-doping code, were approved by the World Anti-Doping Agency and would not harm the health and safety of its players.

Weapon to blame: Bombers

Intriguing to think Essendon will be claiming that the things that occurred because Robinson failed to put 'adequate processes' in place to prevent them happening actually did not happen in other proceedings.

But Dank has said he will fight ASADA's attempts to interview him in court.

What if he wins?

At $5,100.00 per day plus his legal costs, I'm not sure if he wants to take the risk but if he does happen to win, it's fairly certain that more legislation will follow to ensure that he eventually gives evidence and compels him to produce his records.

This seems the best explanation to me.

WADA must have dealt with people in Dank's position before - he has all the information, but for a number of reasons will be extremely reluctant to cough it up. They would know the best way to handle someone in his position.

It may be that they'll use Dank more to confirm information they already know from others, rather than to rely on him to tell them where they need to look. They'll only get information from him if he feels he's not going to get himself into any more trouble by spilling the beans, and they'll probably want him to tell them more about other people's involvement rather than his own.

They have to handle him very carefully.

I reckon that's spot on.

Right now they probably have enough on Hird and co (just speculating), but they way I see it is that Dank's information cements everything and also would show who took what.

The final nail in the coffin of sorts.

This seems the best explanation to me.

WADA must have dealt with people in Dank's position before - he has all the information, but for a number of reasons will be extremely reluctant to cough it up. They would know the best way to handle someone in his position.

It may be that they'll use Dank more to confirm information they already know from others, rather than to rely on him to tell them where they need to look. They'll only get information from him if he feels he's not going to get himself into any more trouble by spilling the beans, and they'll probably want him to tell them more about other people's involvement rather than his own.

They have to handle him very carefully.

Stop posting common sense instead of hysterical dribble. That nail has a sore head from where you hit it.

This what mystifies me also. I would have thought interviewing Dank was part of the evidence gathering in itself not some goal at the end of it.

If your investigation hinges on an interview that you have not yet conducted then you are in trouble.

I am not sure what techniques are being used or the powers that ASADA are able to draw on but it is indeed very common to leave the interview till the very last moment, especially in a complex investigation.

This what mystifies me also. I would have thought interviewing Dank was part of the evidence gathering in itself not some goal at the end of it.

Dank will be more the icing than the main ingredient in the cake. It will have been baked and ready to decorate when they finish it with him, or not.

If your investigation hinges on an interview that you have not yet conducted then you are in trouble.

I am not sure what techniques are being used or the powers that ASADA are able to draw on but it is indeed very common to leave the interview till the very last moment, especially in a complex investigation.

Ka- ching!

Dank will be more the icing than the main ingredient in the cake. It will have been baked and ready to decorate when they finish it with him, or not.

Redleg as a legal nous, what part will the interviews (and possibly evidence) that ACC has on Dank from its earlier probe could be useful here?

Can that information be cross shared with ASADA in the gathering of evidence?

It would appear the focus on Cronulla, EFC and also MFC came from the ACC's interest in Dank.

Ka- ching!

Redleg as a legal nous, what part will the interviews (and possibly evidence) that ACC has on Dank from its earlier probe could be useful here?

Can that information be cross shared with ASADA in the gathering of evidence?

It would appear the focus on Cronulla, EFC and also MFC came from the ACC's interest in Dank.

Unless there is a prohibition on cross sharing and I can't see why there would be, everything goes into the cake. That is why the case may be made well before Dank utters a word or refuses to.

It's like the old detective shows. The cop says to the crook ok we know you did it because we have the following on you and x has sung like a canary. Help us now and it will go easier for you.

Even if he refuses to co operate, they probably have their case ready to go.

One can imagine what they have had access to: surveillance tapes, invoices from suppliers, statements from nurses who administered subtances, statements from suppliers, statements from the players and officials, etc, etc, etc.

But Dank has said he will fight ASADA's attempts to interview him in court. What if he wins?

At $5,100.00 per day plus his legal costs, I'm not sure if he wants to take the risk but if he does happen to win, it's fairly certain that more legislation will follow to ensure that he eventually gives evidence and compels him to produce his records.

"Happy to give evidence,your honour.

Oh, records......I can't find them"....(or gave them to EFC!)

What next ?

Unless there is a prohibition on cross sharing and I can't see why there would be, everything goes into the cake. That is why the case may be made well before Dank utters a word or refuses to.

It's like the old detective shows. The cop says to the crook ok we know you did it because we have the following on you and x has sung like a canary. Help us now and it will go easier for you.

One can imagine what they have had access to: surveillance tapes, invoices from suppliers, statements from nurses who administered subtances, statements from suppliers, statements from the players and officials, etc, etc, etc.

Thought about that.

Just wondering how good is the information they have....

I understand there are limitations on sharing of information by the ACC while its investigations are ongoing. Legislation might be necessary in order to resolve that issue.

after reading the tim lane article,i noticed something unfamilar

he quoted vlad saying "asada tell me the case is still considered open"

this statement seems to be , its all over but is still open not ongoing

after the worst press year in history,during draft week the AFL were all smiles and looking forward to a new start with the worst gone

Essendon have taken their punishment and are going forward

so why all the new articles in the press of late?

the AFL and Essendon don't want it bought back up

so who is stirring the pot and why?

most journos don't want to lose the accreditation, so why stir the pot?

after the worst press year in history,during draft week the AFL were all smiles and looking forward to a new start with the worst gone

Essendon Card carrying Journos being fed by JH.

No coincidence that it has blown up since JH arrived back from Europe IMO

These are all valid questions jazza to which there are few answers at this stage

But your post deserved better responses than a half sucked conspiracy theory and a cheap low level slag off .

The pot stirring is an interesting side show to the main game which is yet to come - the results of ASADA's investigation. The best explanation is the Hird camp seeking to discredit the AFL and ASADA in advance of what's coming.

Fortunately for them, the AFL, Demetriou and ASADA have lacked professionalism in their handling of some of the issues leaving them open to criticism and ridicule. There's also the serious issue of whether Demetriou really did tip Evans off that Essendon was under scrutiny because that could have serious consequences for the AFL CEO.

The case is definitely still very much open. ASADA's investigation will be painstakingly slow and even when the case has been built up (and inevitably, it will) the organisation will require some very high level input from senior legal people because, at best it will be circumstantial and then any decision is likely to be challenged in the courts given that we are dealing with a club whose president is very well versed in using the legal system when under attack.

Jazza,

In spite of what Hird, Little and their posse of blind optimists would like us to believe, Essendon have not taken their punishment - far from it. All that has happened is that they have been sanctioned by the governing body, the AFL, in a construct designed to keep then out of the final series, because if they hadn't their 2013 series would have been rendered meaningless when the ASADA judgements are finally forthcoming.

Essendon were only punished for bringing the game into disrepute. The real penalties will occur as a result of players taking banned drugs after the ASADA investigation in completed when 12+ of their senior players are rubbed out for between 2&4 years, which is likely to come down next year or the year after. This will be followed by most of those players suing the EFC and probably the AFL for multimillion dollar law suits which will maybe send EFC to the wall and test the coffers of the AFL itself.

The pain has only just begun for Essendon, in spite of what Hird's & Little's PR machine, and their apologists in the Murdoch Press, would like to have us believe.

It will not be pretty, and many very senior Essendon and AFL heads will,roll as a result.

The pot stirring is an interesting side show to the main game which is yet to come - the results of ASADA's investigation. The best explanation is the Hird camp seeking to discredit the AFL and ASADA in advance of what's coming.

Fortunately for them, the AFL, Demetriou and ASADA have lacked professionalism in their handling of some of the issues leaving them open to criticism and ridicule. There's also the serious issue of whether Demetriou really did tip Evans off that Essendon was under scrutiny because that could have serious consequences for the AFL CEO.

He's always been very cagey about this 'Jack', his use of words has been interesting. Pointing to the fact that he wasn't told which club was in the gun as his defence. Do you think he is good at guessing?

He's always been very cagey about this 'Jack', his use of words has been interesting. Pointing to the fact that he wasn't told which club was in the gun as his defence. Do you think he is good at guessing?

I think he knew which club was involved but what does it matter? He was very quickly cleared of wrongdoing and the AFL has thus far managed to avoid having the question raised in a court of law where it might be more embarrassing than by occasional articles in the press or items in the social media. Whilst it should be regarded as serious, I don't think anything will happen to change this so that's how things will stand.

The latest media "storm" merely highlights the governance issues at the AFL (some of which we already know about from our experience with the tanking issue) but unless the AFL starts losing big money or other major issues of concern are raised which affect more than just one (big) club at a time, the issue of governance will die as surely as today's Australian will become tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper.

There is indeed a weapon and its aimed squarely at the AFL

Dean Robinson's legal action against Essendon could put heat on AFL executives

This is far from over

A bit like Mr. Vlahos BB!

only the Vla bit maye ..as in Vlad !!! lol

Demetriou has been desperate to avoid court....he can try and dodge bullets all he likes but theres still one with his name on it out there.

I fail to see how AD can be totally innocent in all this murkiness. It needs to be tested in open court

I think the AFL and EFC have done everything to make this story go away

and they almost succeeded ,to give dank/weapon a brown paper bag to go away was an easy option

for some reason {hird} this story keeps rearing up and giving the AFL another headache

their sanctioned reporters have been willing to back off

asada have backed off

but this story wont go away

im hoping mr hird keeps rattling cages and puts them in the deepest hole imaginable

I think he just realised one million for no job,no future footy job and a tarnished reputation is worth more than the one mill