Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I'm glad you trust your feelings. I've been sifting through chicken entrails for weeks now and still can't get a fix on what's going to happen.

Consulting chicken entrails will give you no insight.

Everybody knows that reading tea leaves is how to get the real facts.

I expected a doctor to know better. You are rocking my faith in medical science.

• Like 1

charter was interviewed on 3aw this morning

thymosin beta 4. he admitted he ordered it electronically from china (all records exist) on behalf of danks and delivered it to alvi the compounding chemist

claimed he didn't know if it was for ess or if it was used by ess. said that was the $1M question. when asked if the amount ordered was consistent with injecting a whole team multiple times said he couldn't answer because that would be dependent on strengths, dosages etc

Thynomodulin. Said he couldn't say/remember if he had ever supplied/procured this for dank because most of his purchases in china were cash based and there was no paper trail/records. hmmmm.

that was really the gist of what he said

why he is prepared to say that publicly but not to a tribunal can only indicate there is more and he is not prepared to be put to the test

• Like 1

What the Essendon mafia are doing is in effect a takeover bid, for control of the AFL. If Essendon is successful in finding the loopholes in the present anti-drug rules, and therefore open up a way to be free to resume systematic doping, I fear the entire AFL will out of competitive necessity end up adopting Essendon's values and modus operandi. Bye bye footy as we know and love it.

FU, Essendon.

Why doesn't the government step in to stop such a repellant attempted takeover? The more time the Essendon legal team are allowed, the more ploys they are coming up with to tangle the whole inquiry in legalities, thus removing the focus further and further from the original alleged systematic doping offences. Essendon make no pretence of being against drugs in sport, and the whole saga is now becoming a test case for drug-cheating. Essendon must be aware of that, so must the AFL, ASADA and WADA, and so must government.

The ramifications of what they are doing clearly don't concern Essendon - they could for example very easily (and responsibly) make a public statement clarifying their intentions in the actions they have taken, making suitable assurances about their views on drugs in sport - but they haven't. Their silence on the matter indicates that they don't mind being potentially seen as the ones who legally cleared the way for future drug-cheating.

Government too is apparently content to do nothing about this shift in the way football (and consequently all sport) is able to be played, the result of their permitting focus to shift in this case from being about clean sport to being about procedural disputation over the right of laws to be applied to wrong-doers. Is the government, the law so powerless, so compromised? This case is a matter of serious cultural significance to Australia, to Victoria - but neither State or Federal government has stepped up in any way to protect football.

Is anyone going to make this all end in a win for drug-free sport? As long as Essendon call the shots, the answer is certainly "no". So, who is going to be our (the football public's) champion? The lawyers?... Will someone stand up to the current process, oppose the takeover, and change the trajectory that Essendon currently has us all on?

• Like 2

This matter has developed expeditiously from a football team taking drugs a couple of years ago to a subliminal major criminal investigation that in my opinion may only include ASADA and Essendon in a peripheral sense.

There are now a number of figures too numerous to mention that are ringing very heavy alarm bells to me.

• Like 2

Most important thing he said was that ASADA have the evidence and don't need him.

The EFC/hird publicity machine has been working overtime in the last 48 hours with even normally sensible journos from the Age waving the white flag (with the honourable exception of Caro who KNOWS).

These guys are going to look complete fools in a matter of days.

• Like 1

The EFC/hird publicity machine has been working overtime in the last 48 hours with even normally sensible journos from the Age waving the white flag (with the honourable exception of Caro who KNOWS).

These guys are going to look complete fools in a matter of days.

You hope!

What the Essendon mafia are doing is in effect a takeover bid, for control of the AFL. If Essendon is successful in finding the loopholes in the present anti-drug rules, and therefore open up a way to be free to resume systematic doping, I fear the entire AFL will out of competitive necessity end up adopting Essendon's values and modus operandi. Bye bye footy as we know and love it.

FU, Essendon.

Why doesn't the government step in to stop such a repellant attempted takeover? The more time the Essendon legal team are allowed, the more ploys they are coming up with to tangle the whole inquiry in legalities, thus removing the focus further and further from the original alleged systematic doping offences. Essendon make no pretence of being against drugs in sport, and the whole saga is now becoming a test case for drug-cheating. Essendon must be aware of that, so must the AFL, ASADA and WADA, and so must government.

The ramifications of what they are doing clearly don't concern Essendon - they could for example very easily (and responsibly) make a public statement clarifying their intentions in the actions they have taken, making suitable assurances about their views on drugs in sport - but they haven't. Their silence on the matter indicates that they don't mind being potentially seen as the ones who legally cleared the way for future drug-cheating.

Government too is apparently content to do nothing about this shift in the way football (and consequently all sport) is able to be played, the result of their permitting focus to shift in this case from being about clean sport to being about procedural disputation over the right of laws to be applied to wrong-doers. Is the government, the law so powerless, so compromised? This case is a matter of serious cultural significance to Australia, to Victoria - but neither State or Federal government has stepped up in any way to protect football.

Is anyone going to make this all end in a win for drug-free sport? As long as Essendon call the shots, the answer is certainly "no". So, who is going to be our (the football public's) champion? The lawyers?... Will someone stand up to the current process, oppose the takeover, and change the trajectory that Essendon currently has us all on?

There's a whiff of Little about this. Well, more of a stench, really. Wasnt that how he made his millions? Litigious gnome. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got off. That's the way society works - if you've got enough money, you can buy your way out of anything.

The most repulsive piece of cheating I've seen in forty years of following sport. Thousands of mysterious injections, muscle-bound bodies, a "sports scientist" with a head like a pig-dog and morals to match.

Jobe, prancing around with his Bronlow. Hird and wife, the poncey blondes, slipping in and out of the mansion. Bomber and his under-the-table real estate deal. They even did okay in the draft - how did that happen?

Yuk. I give up. Beam me up, Scotty.

• Like 2

There's a whiff of Little about this. Well, more of a stench, really. Wasnt that how he made his millions? Litigious gnome. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got off. That's the way society works - if you've got enough money, you can buy your way out of anything.

The most repulsive piece of cheating I've seen in forty years of following sport. Thousands of mysterious injections, muscle-bound bodies, a "sports scientist" with a head like a pig-dog and morals to match.

Jobe, prancing around with his Bronlow. Hird and wife, the poncey blondes, slipping in and out of the mansion. Bomber and his under-the-table real estate deal. They even did okay in the draft - how did that happen?

Yuk. I give up. Beam me up, Scotty.

The fat lady is yet to sing Jara

I love how Ess fans are shouting ASADA case relies on evidence of a convicted criminal. The criminal Hird had a close relationship with for how many years and the one of the Ess employees used to import drugs through???

Some in the media should note this also. (Dangerous wording - I read the word 'criminal' as an adjective rather than a noun when I first read your post.)

charter was interviewed on 3aw this morning

thymosin beta 4. he admitted he ordered it electronically from china (all records exist) on behalf of danks and delivered it to alvi the compounding chemist

claimed he didn't know if it was for ess or if it was used by ess. said that was the $1M question. when asked if the amount ordered was consistent with injecting a whole team multiple times said he couldn't answer because that would be dependent on strengths, dosages etc

Thynomodulin. Said he couldn't say/remember if he had ever supplied/procured this for dank because most of his purchases in china were cash based and there was no paper trail/records. hmmmm.

that was really the gist of what he said

why he is prepared to say that publicly but not to a tribunal can only indicate there is more and he is not prepared to be put to the test

Lol...

Jara said: a "sports scientist" with a head like a pig-dog and morals to match.

I know this one . . is it ah Steve Dank?

Apparently SD is now keen to give evidence at the tribunal . . that's according to "Mr Impartial" Martin Hardie today on 3aw website??

Apparently SD is now keen to give evidence at the tribunal . . that's according to "Mr Impartial" Martin Hardie today on 3aw website??

If true, he must have realised he won't be under oath (unlike the venue he previously insisted was the only one he would appear at.)

If true, he must have realised he won't be under oath (unlike the venue he previously insisted was the only one he would appear at.)

The Dopers are no doubt desperate, this tsunami of PR must be costing "someone" a lot of money. Who are they trying to sway? It's too late for public opinion, only the tribunal members matter now and good luck trying to BS them! The tribunal chairman has the discretionary powers of a god and I'm sure the dopers will feel his wrath If they keep on with this game!

I don't hope, I know. We will see over the next months who is right OD: your relentless pessimism seemingly on all things, or my views on informed balance of probabilities. Best of luck!

Agree with you on the relentless pessimism matter.

Informed balance of probabilities = someone else's opinion not necessarily based on factual data

I would be very surprised if all of the "personalities" in this charade are not under

(A) 24 hour surveillance.

(B) Bugged.

© A.C.C. Jurisdiction

I would be very surprised if all of the "personalities" in this charade are not under

(A) 24 hour surveillance.

(B) Bugged.

© A.C.C. Jurisdiction

Wouldn't you love to know who's making and who's taking those bugged calls . . could be a little "perverting the course of justice" going down!