Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

2013_essendon_bombers_140th_commemorativ

of which 138 years were Drug Free

1908635_1_O.jpg

with exotic substances

skeeta.jpg

More injections

Surely it's a blight on our international sporting reputation, olympic at least, that the president of our athletics association would defend people from another code from drug charges. Especially these kinds of charges.

• Like 1

An ASADA storm is brewing but Hird’s future is hanging in the wind

Another good opinion piece from Patrick Smith. That last line is music to my ears.

The judgment from the full bench of the Federal Court forecast for January might be for Hird the perfect storm. Until then, his future is still blowing in the wind.

There can be no perfect storm for Hird for the first one now will later be last and the times, they are a changin'.

Lets not forget the 35th Name placed on the Register of Findings....... one Stephen Dank.... His day cometh !!!

An ASADA storm is brewing but Hird’s future is hanging in the wind

Another good opinion piece from Patrick Smith. That last line is music to my ears.

There can be no perfect storm for Hird for the first one now will later be last and the times, they are a changin'.

Interesting that Smith noted the possible outcomes of finding might in a narrow way give Hird wiggle room. My gut, nothing else , suggests no such outcome. I fully expect the appeal to fail and James to be smacked mightily again. This is a Quixotec tilt if ever there was.

Also , Dank will finally be brought before a tribunal. That smile will be wiped.

• Like 1

Lets not forget the 35th Name placed on the Register of Findings....... one Stephen Dank.... His day cometh !!!

Surely these names are now all public? Why would Ess players not be names when every other athlete in the world are named.

And WhereTF are Worksafe Victoria?

Interesting that Smith noted the possible outcomes of finding might in a narrow way give Hird wiggle room. My gut, nothing else , suggests no such outcome. I fully expect the appeal to fail and James to be smacked mightily again. This is a Quixotec tilt if ever there was.

Also , Dank will finally be brought before a tribunal. That smile will be wiped.

Telling spelling. 'Quixotec' sounds like an excellent name for the company that Jimmy might need to start once he's been bounced from the coaching job.

• Like 2

Dank has maintained in the past he will only appear before a Court. So he might refuse to attend the Tribunal hearing. I think it's likely he'll refuse to attend. The Tribunal will make an adverse finding against him and he'll appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and then The Court of Arbitration in Sport where he will get well and truly slammed out of the ball park.

Interesting article in The Australian about the evidence ASADA are relying on.

Witness Shane Charter promised no human use of peptide at Essendon

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/witness-shane-charter-promised-no-human-use-of-peptide-at-essendon/story-fnca0u4y-1227107778849

Shows link between Chinese Thymosin Beta 4 supplier, Charters, Alavi, Dank and Essendon.

None of this means the players will be successfully convicted. There is certainly enough evidence to compel ASADA etc to take these proceedings but it is only when they are forensically examined in the Tribunal and satisfy the burden of proof of "reasonable satisfaction" which is higher than the usual civil burden of "balance of probabilities" that the players will be convicted. That's not a sure thing when relying on circumstantial evidence and no direct evidence.

I spoke to an Essendon supporter i work with this morning and he is still convinced Essendon have done nothing wrong, Asada having nothing and are bluffing, and there won't be bans.

it's like the supporters are also on the juice.

• Like 2

I spoke to an Essendon supporter i work with this morning and he is still convinced Essendon have done nothing wrong, Asada having nothing and are bluffing, and there won't be bans.

it's like the supporters are also on the juice.

Had convo with elder son ( step son actually ) other night, VERY Essendon.. Highly Intelligent but for one glaring aberration He too thinks its all a bit of a blow up etc. I felt sorry for him actually...Such blind delusion

As I've mentioned before, I may be in the unusual position of knowing an Essendon supporter who isn't delusional despite his son playing with young James at Ainslie. Actually I should have typed 'ex-Essendon supporter". It remains to be seen if he will give up AFL altogether.

It was funny now both of them just spew out BS Camoflauge. I am over it considering both of them are given double page space regularly.

Wait til it all bubbles over. Wait til theres a spill.Wait til the law suits start flying and then watch these scribing sycophants change their tune. Itll be hilarious.

Wait til it all bubbles over. Wait til theres a spill.Wait til the law suits start flying and then watch these scribing sycophants change their tune. Itll be hilarious.

Oh i agree. Conolly especially on radio will cop piles of sh!t thrown at him

I play an obscure sport in which the question of what drugs can be legally taken was recently raised. Someone pointed to

https://checksubstances.asada.gov.au/

where you can check a substance for your sport and gender and get a receipt number to show you have checked a particular substance.

I hadn't realised before that it was so easy for a player or a coach to get the info plus proof of what they were advised. Is this new?

• Like 2

I play an obscure sport in which the question of what drugs can be legally taken was recently raised. Someone pointed to

where you can check a substance for your sport and gender and get a receipt number to show you have checked a particular substance.

I hadn't realised before that it was so easy for a player or a coach to get the info plus proof of what they were advised. Is this new?

Just to see, I went in there and put in Aussie Football, Male, Athlete.

Then searched for AOD 9604, which was the original drug that Essendon administered I think but ASADA dropped.

Search yielded no results.

Thymosin Beta 4 on the other hand comes up with a big red X.

Let me guess. Curling?

• Like 2

Just to see, I went in there and put in Aussie Football, Male, Athlete.

Then searched for AOD 9604, which was the original drug that Essendon administered I think but ASADA dropped.

Search yielded no results.

Thymosin Beta 4 on the other hand comes up with a big red X.

you left off the following

IMPORTANT:

If you cannot find your search term on 'Check Your Substances' that does NOT mean that it is permitted in sport. Further, 'Check your Substances' lists whether substances are prohibited in sport in accordance with WADA's Prohibited List as amended from time to time. Results from searches conducted on 'Check your Substances' are in no way intended to indicate whether it is legal to possess or use these substances under Australian Federal, State or Territory laws.

Please check the list above for an exact match to your search term. If you cannot find an exact match for your search, please contact ASADA immediately.

• Like 1

note also that aod 9604 is not on the explicit specified list(s) of banned substances

it comes under the implicit S0 category of substances "not approved for human use"

do a search on S0 category for more info

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1