Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

the AFL ...is NOT ASADA

this isnt their game nor their call

Tic

Toc

i find it amazing that the afl chief medical officer would make such a statement on a confidential inquiry which has not completed

that is if he did make that statement

This is the AFL medical officer, he is not as far as I know part of the ASADA investigation.

• Like 1

This is my mail...

The board want to get rid of Hird but can't without costing $2m+ They will meet tomorrow and get JH to sign an agreement that he and his 'supporters' will quit commenting over the affair. If he or his supporters breach that they will bin him.

I would add that if the ASADA report nails JH they will also bin him as well but it won't cost them anything as that would be a clear breach of contract.

Paul Little has dug a big hole for himself and his club with re signing Hird.

There was already a multi million dollar contract in place for Hird which included him publicly accepting a mea culpa for this disaster in August with a provision for Hird to remain silent with this and move on. He hasn't. He has taunted Little and the Club and used his inner circle to continue firing bombs on the Club and the AFL.

As we have seen Hird is having none of it. He has maintained his amazing self righteous and narcissistic stand. From the experience with Evans he will burn friend and foe in the process.

Hird has the EFC board over a barrel. They have no control over past or future comments of Tania Hird. It's clear he has no peace pipe to smoke over this and there is bad blood and an absence of good faith from Hird. They "sack" him and he will take them to the cleaners for the $2+ million plus damages regardless of ASADA outcomes. And any contract to ring in Tania Hird will likely cost them further financially. So what's it to be for EFC? Have the expensive saviour return on this terms at great cost or do they recognise that the interests of the EFC and Hird are not the same.

The huge swell of fan support for Hird when the original settlement was done in August has diminished given the realisation that players are in the gun and Hird can only think of himself. Iif players have their livelihoods taken from them and club weakened by infraction notices then there is going to be two camps of supporters. Those that still blindly think Hird has done no wrong. And those who have been disgusted by the turn of events, the adverse impact on the club and fundamental mistreatment of players.

• Like 2

This is the AFL medical officer, he is not as far as I know part of the ASADA investigation.

Agree. And given the interim report was issued on the basis of the AFL investigation up to August 2013 then he may indeed by able to comment on that.

Agree. And given the interim report was issued on the basis of the AFL investigation up to August 2013 then he may indeed by able to comment on that.

not without afl approval

can't imagine the afl want those type of statements floating around prior to asada completing

You need to be a lawyer to think of things like that.

im assuming tongue in cheek there

not without afl approval

can't imagine the afl want those type of statements floating around prior to asada completing

Was that not a statement that was consistent with outcome of the AFL report?

And if the CMO is not part of the ASADA further investigation (which seems reasonable) then I don't think it necessary limits the final outcome of the ASADA investigation.

I don't think what he said is all that different from what is in the public space (discounting Danks chook raffle luncheon claims).

Was that not a statement that was consistent with outcome of the AFL report?

And if the CMO is not part of the ASADA further investigation (which seems reasonable) then I don't think it necessary limits the final outcome of the ASADA investigation.

I don't think what he said is all that different from what is in the public space ( discounting Danks chook raffle luncheon claims).

agree that is what is in the public space

disappointing though for the afl that he (if he did) lends his imprimatur to it, at this stage IMO

not without afl approval

Golly one might think that not all that work within AFL's house actually consider the cause they are supposed to nurture as being in the best interests of the game.

But that conspiracy stuff

Sometimes there are enemies within :unsure:

I guess I shouldn't laugh, but it is hard not to agree with Tania Hird on this point --- she is definitely not a 'piece of cattle' :lol:

Tania Hird is not a 'piece of cattle'

Certainly not. Cattle have their uses - beasts of burden, meat, leather. Multiple uses vs useless !!

Y

This from the same article is the pointy bit, not Tania. How the hell is this possible if they kept detailed records and how is the investigation being run if they can't find these records Dank states he still has? It sounds farcical and again where the hell is Worksafe in all of this?

"In a paper published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, AFL chief medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt wrote that despite an enormous amount of evidence gathered, there was insufficient detail to prove the precise nature of and doses of substances that were given to each athlete."

One can avoid finding anything one is determined not to find, should one choose not to look lest one discovers the unwanted.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

I guess I shouldn't laugh, but it is hard not to agree with Tania Hird on this point --- she is definitely not a 'piece of cattle' :lol:

Tania Hird is not a 'piece of cattle'

Pure self promotion by Ms Hird. I think the sporting media across the spectrum have been very respectful of THird.

They have reasonably questioned her motives. And the media should rightly do so again.

Danks has said he wont speak to ASADA or EFC because he does not trust them with material he believes will exonerate him.

He said he will wait to be called as a witness in a court and he will then show he has proof of drugs, dosages, times and players.

He said he has proof the injected drugs were legal at the time.

Im not agreeing or disputing these "facts" but I dont trust EFC to do the right thing for anyone.

Now I wouldnt trust ASADA after all this time either.

Sorry if Im coming off a long lead and preaching to the choir but I havent read everything in this thread.

Edited by Franky_31

One can avoid finding anything one is determined not to find, should one choose not to look lest one discovers the unwanted.

It would not appear to be in ASADAs or the AFLs interest to do this.

But I love a good conspiracy theory that actually has some plausibility.

would love to see Dank get his moment in court.. left foot right foot ...bang bang

odd that people think that all conspiracies are either nonsense or fictional

All actual conspiracies are just that...actual

what arent true are misleading false and fictional conconctions

There are those at EFC that have conspired...and still do

Danks has said he wont speak to ASADA or EFC because he does not trust them with material he believes will exonerate him.

He said he will wait to be called as a witness in a court and he will then show he has proof of drugs, dosages, times and players.

Im not agreeing or disputing these "facts" but I dont trust EFC to do the right thing for anyone.

Sorry if Im coming off a long lead and preaching to the choir but I havent read everything in this thread.

Not sure I would trust Dank too much either.

Notwithstanding his right to save his own bacon, he could have protected the EFC players and scuttled the integrity of ASADA and it's investigation if he had even carefully released the proof/evidence that establishes that ASADA had said it was legal.

At the very least he has flown so close to the wind at three clubs in what he has done that I would not be placing much reserve on his integrity or judgment.

And given EFC dismissed and demonised him I don't blame for not trusting the Club at all.

What sort of low life would have all the evidence to prove that nothing untoward was done at EFC and not make it public as early as possible to exonerate the players and the club and the AFL. But no, Dank says he will wait till he is in court (assuming he ever is).

As for ASADA, on the contrary, I wouldn't trust them if they conducted enquiries into multiple players in 2 codes etc quickly.

Not sure I would trust Dank too much either.

Notwithstanding his right to save his own bacon, he could have protected the EFC players and scuttled the integrity of ASADA and it's investigation if he had even carefully released the proof/evidence that establishes that ASADA had said it was legal.

At the very least he has flown so close to the wind at three clubs in what he has done that I would not be placing much reserve on his integrity or judgment.

And given EFC dismissed and demonised him I don't blame for not trusting the Club at all.

They dismissed Dank but demonised the Weapon didnt they? Dismissed Dank so he was not obligated to speak to ASADA?

What sort of low life would have all the evidence to prove that nothing untoward was done at EFC and not make it public as early as possible to exonerate the players and the club and the AFL. But no, Dank says he will wait till he is in court (assuming he ever is).

As for ASADA, on the contrary, I wouldn't trust them if they conducted enquiries into multiple players in 2 codes etc quickly.

answer in the question

Dank is that low life

They dismissed Dank but demonised the Weapon didnt they? Dismissed Dank so he was not obligated to speak to ASADA?

They dismissed both Danks and the Weapon and scapegoated them and a few others for the failings of some protected species. They were dismissed around Aug 2012 due poor injury and player performance outcomes. The news about the ACC and then the involvement of ASADA did not break until Feb 2013.

I don't think Nostradamus was involved at Eesendon at that time. And if he was he clearly knew nothing like all the others there!

Precisely. Was rhetorical as you no doubt guessed. Has he ever proffered a justification, however weak?

doesnt seek to or think it remotely a notion worth consideration.

For what ever reason he sees it all as a joke

This from the same article is the pointy bit, not Tania. How the hell is this possible if they kept detailed records and how is the investigation being run if they can't find these records Dank states he still has? It sounds farcical and again where the hell is Worksafe in all of this?

"In a paper published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, AFL chief medical officer Dr Peter Harcourt wrote that despite an enormous amount of evidence gathered, there was insufficient detail to prove the precise nature of and doses of substances that were given to each athlete."

If they did keep records they are stuffed.

If they didn't keep records they are more stuffed.

Dismissing the weapon and keeping Hird was like KAOS blaming Starker but letting Seigfried carry on.

• Like 1