Peter Jackson - On The Couch Monday 29th July, 2013

Demon3

I'm a fan of PJ, but I've lost count of how many times I've seen you post something like that.

Each time it makes me laugh.

Where's your self-awareness?

I also remember Essendon of 99-2001...They were run the correct way..He has runs on the board.

Nobody can predict the future..but the previous CEO had none, all he had was the past.

I am not saying this is a quick fix, never have..But we have not had a person like PJ in this club for a long time.

He just might be able to lure the right team into administration.

Where is my self awareness?

What a strange comment.

he isnt a neeld, wont try and sell us dirt and say its chocolate,

very capable man putting the foundations of a functional club, not a saviour but doig exactly what is needed at this point

Words....Words ....Words

If he fails WYL.....will you be bemoaning how he stuffed up the club....How he took the money and ran?

Lets just wait and see what happens over the off season shall we?

No i will not...Schwab aint on the same planet as this bloke...Even you can see that.

Jackson knows the way to run a business.

I really have not heard an MFC CEO say the things Jackson has been saying...

It's hardly a 'heard it all before' scenario.

It's also refreshing to hear the existing contacts he has with other well-credentialled operators.

Case in point: Geoff Walsh.

I like the idea of being on the inside track for once.

• Like 2

No i will not...Schwab aint on the same planet as this bloke...Even you can see that.

Jackson knows the way to run a business.

WYL before you let your Messiah complex get completely out of control, yes I liked what Peter Jackson said last night, but the proof is in the pudding..I'll wait and see....also see if you find some posts/articles from Bombers supporters/journos/bloggers towards the end of Jackson's tenure at Essendon....what you read may surprise you.....as I have said before I get all the facts and information I can before I jump on or off

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 2

Early days yet, but he got a big tick from me by identifying and drawing attention to our previous over emphasis on early draft picks being the answer to our problems. We got it very, very wrong and I am glad he is doing something about it.

WYL before you let your Messiah complex get completely out of control, yes I liked what Peter Jackson said last night, but the proof is in the pudding..I'll wait and see....also see if you find some posts/articles from Bombers supporters/journos/bloggers towards the end of Jackson's tenure at Essendon....what you read may surprise you.....as I have said before I get all the facts and information I can before I jump on or off

Can you to a quick summation of what was being said back then ? cheers

Early days yet, but he got a big tick from me by identifying and drawing attention to our previous over emphasis on early draft picks being the answer to our problems. We got it very, very wrong and I am glad he is doing something about it.

Yes....but, this point has been discussed at length by so many, over so many years, by so many posts.

It's not new.

• Like 1

Show me where i have used the word Messiah please?

He knows how to run a business.

Running the MFC shall be his biggest project yet.

Get off your high horse Satyr & just listen to the way he talks.

No, you're looking at it the wrong way, it's a great opportunity for someone to become elevated to legendary status if they turn us around. We're a great challenge and now that the AFL are assisting the incoming coach won't be hamstrung by our past. What had to clear out the old guard for us to go forward. The fact that PJ is still in discussions with Roos is interesting, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the case if he really wasn't interested.

I do agree with you about Choco though, he would be great for our club.

Our next coach won't win us a premiership, he'll be responsible for changing the culture of the place and setting us up for a realistic attempt at regular finals appearances

Roos is interested, but Not in its current shape... he knows that to succeed, we have to be able to change the club, & the attitudes around 'the Club'. from level 3, all the way down to the rooms.

this is a monumental challenge... this would interest Roos, but the thought of going the way of Bailey & Neeld, would be a major turn-off.... one he doesn't need to happen, so this club has to be willing to really embrace 'change'...

• Like 1

Yes...CS could also talk.......Did a lot of work in the debt demolition.....Attempted to open up more income via the China deal(It failed but he was thinking outside the box at least)

A lot of people talk a tough game.....but the proof is the eating of the pudding...

Look WYL I am not saying that he is not good for the club as I think he is but I have been hurt before so I will wait until the start of the 2014 season before I gush all over him.....

• Like 2

Can you to a quick summation of what was being said back then ? cheers

A lot of the supporters have not forgiven him for extending Mathew Knights contract and they the club had to pay out, notice the lack of success after the early 00's down to the recruiting staff Jackson had in place, Bendigo Bombers alignment that nobody at the Club wanted

Yes...CS could also talk.......Did a lot of work in the debt demolition.....Attempted to open up more income via the China deal(It failed but he was thinking outside the box at least)

A lot of people talk a tough game.....but the proof is the eating of the pudding...

Look WYL I am not saying that he is not good for the club as I think he is but I have been hurt before so I will wait until the start of the 2014 season before I gush all over him.....

A pretty fair and reasoned position.

All this reminds somewhat of renovating. Its often not rocket science to be able to see what needs tearing down and taking back to basics. What is an entirely different thing is having the vision and skills to not only design the remodeling but the ability to carry it out successfully.

We've only just start in on the rebuild. It will be sometime before we can adjudge the results.

So far though it looks ok. Time , as always, will tell

I just finished watching the interview and like most came away impressed. He answered the questions directly but without the clipped, abruptness of Mark Neeld. But I am not buying into the PJ is Lord and Saviour just yet - I have seen too many false dawns and heard great speeches that sounded like roast beef and ended up being more fairy-floss.

When the new Chairman, 5-year CEO, experienced coach and his assistants are in place, and the captain is chosen for 2014 THEN I will make a call on how I reckon PJ is going. But I refuse - point blank stubbornly refuse - to follow words any longer. Personnel including administrators, coaching staff, players, board members etc... is what will change us and the only real change is PJ himself at the moment.

FGS.

I am impressed he has no interest in talking up the 50's which is the context of the past i mentioned.

Our last CEO was besotted by it while dealing with people like Ben Polis.

PJ will only deal with the big boys. He made that clear. There are no favourites.

I am happy to hear that.

If PJ can get a topline Football Operations Manager & a proven coach then this diabolical shambles just might be saved.

We are in good hands from what he said last night. He knows how far off the pace we are.

We cannot ask anymore at this stage.

Getting personel to the club will be bloody hard, as no one outside rates us. We are a distraction.

But PJ at least has the cred to get his message across.

We can expect no more at this stage.

• Like 1

The thing I enjoyed the most in this interview...

When Iron Mike decided to throw out a 'flavor of the month' assistant at PJ, he was shot down immediately. I have heard a knucklehead of a similar vintage (Hutchy) burble the same crap about how we should go with an assistant. These two galahs will be among the first to chide us for going down the path of yet another inexperienced assistant when there were plenty of experienced senior coaches available. In the past, we may have fallen for that (listening to what 'others' think we should do). I'm glad PJ isn't.

Note: Alan Richardson may be a great coach down the line. I won't deny that. However, there is that much going on in the background at Melbourne, he wouldn't have a decent shake at being the best coach he could be. His development as a coach would be stunted as he would be dealing with all the peripheral BS that goes on at the MFC.

That being said, I'm a bit with the others on here. I will wait for results before I judge what has happened. In all fairness, PJ has pretty much said that he can't give results yet, all he can give is hope. I hope that line isn't trotted out in 2 years time as I will go feral if it is.