Sylvia wants to stay

Do we really want him to stay I think not he opitimises everything wrong about where the club has been Just Go away Col i am sick to death of watching your pathetic efforts

And to think you are supposed to be playing for your career What a joke Just go away and Good luck

It's this post that's pathetic.

• Like 3

Now I will preface this with:

No I wasnt at the game. Ive only seen some of it replayed. Ive listened to a friend who did go.

and Im a littel biased as ive never been impressed by C.S.

Col Sylvia was playing his "trumpeted" 150th

Col Sylvia is supposedly looking for another charitable handout from the MFC

Col Sylvia managed 16 possessions . That included NO marks and NO tackles

is this guy just full of [censored] or what....honestly

Let him go, cut our losses. Hes not what we need.

• Like 1

Do we really want him to stay I think not he opitimises everything wrong about where the club has been Just Go away Col i am sick to death of watching your pathetic efforts

And to think you are supposed to be playing for your career What a joke Just go away and Good luck

Don't tell us hard man, tell Colin himself you know where the lads train, got to love keyboard warriors.

• Like 2

Don't tell us hard man, tell Colin himself you know where the lads train, got to love keyboard warriors.

whilst I understand your position ( that of an apologist ) it doesnt address the problem at hand , that being he is a serial pest.

If you reckon we're all talk no action ,,heres a bloke stealing serious coin for just that !!! lol

Now I will preface this with:

No I wasnt at the game. Ive only seen some of it replayed. Ive listened to a friend who did go.

and Im a littel biased as ive never been impressed by C.S.

Col Sylvia was playing his "trumpeted" 150th

Col Sylvia is supposedly looking for another charitable handout from the MFC

Col Sylvia managed 16 possessions . That included NO marks and NO tackles

is this guy just full of [censored] or what....honestly

Let him go, cut our losses. Hes not what we need.

Come again? He had 6 tackles.

Come again? He had 6 tackles.

did he ..if so I will humbly sit corrected.. My stats show none

ive since checked another source and indeed it shows 6 tackles

I was wrong. He Had 16 possies for no marks and 6 tackles. , 5 of which seemed to result in frees.

This in my mind raises a few questions

How did such a good marker of the ball get none. Johnny come late, slow to get to advantaged position ?

He is not a player without ability but just doesnt seem to want it bad enough

Edited by belzebub59

Did you notice on tv it was wet?

I was there, and was surprised when any player took a mark.

and yet some did. We took 37 they 55 . Sylvia none.. Its one of his strengths

did he ..if so I will humbly sit corrected.. My stats show none

ive since checked another source and indeed it shows 6 tackles

I was wrong. He Had 16 possies for no marks and 6 tackles. , 5 of which seemed to result in frees.

This in my mind raises a few questions

How did such a good marker of the ball get none. Johnny come late, slow to get to advantaged position ?

He is not a player without ability but just doesnt seem to want it bad enough

when a player is awarded a free against in a tackle, such as a high tackle, the tackle doesnt go down on the statistic sheet.

therefore Sylvia's tackles were fair dinkum

I will be the first to admit I have a bee in my bonnet about this player. I generally watch him like a hawk . Im still waiting for him to earn his money, to have his real break out game, to win one, to stamp himself on this game.

Still waiting.

I can also spot an apologist a mile away.

I'll ask a simple question of this ilk. Why make excuses for a 10 year player that continually under-delivers ?

Is it unrequited hope ? Blind faith ?

Id love him to turn it on.....honestly. He wont though

• Like 1

when a player is awarded a free against in a tackle, such as a high tackle, the tackle doesnt go down on the statistic sheet.

therefore Sylvia's tackles were fair dinkum

rubbish.. A tackle is a tackle.. Some stick, Some result in FF some FA, some balls up.

Doesnt go down on stat sheet...honestly...lol

and yet some did. We took 37 they 55 . Sylvia none.. Its one of his strengths

How many times did we get a clear possession with a precise kick to him in a position where we should expect him to mark?

Few marks were taken on leads in the driving rain, where Sylvia gets the overwhelming majority of his.

And he did chase and tackle, regardless of what stat sheet you've been reading.

I'd prefer we move him on, but your criticism here is poorly informed.

• Like 1

How many times did we get a clear possession with a precise kick to him in a position where we should expect him to mark?

Few marks were taken on leads in the driving rain, where Sylvia gets the overwhelming majority of his.

And he did chase and tackle, regardless of what stat sheet you've been reading.

I'd prefer we move him on, but your criticism here is poorly informed.

youre good at providing circumstances for him(supposedly as get out of jail cards ) . Same circumstances applied to most others on our team ( indeed theirs ) weather the same. Games is the same.. Some make something of it, others dont quite reach far enough..

It up to him to BE in that position, to make those leads, to be that player. He just isnt

Nasher said it well . Once you lower your expectations things become less painful. For mone its harder to do so for he always postulated come contract time in a manner that he expects us to appraise him more highly. I wont. Hes an imposter.

You're out of your depth.

You Even thought he had no tackles.

You've got no clue.

Try going to a game instead of looking at a stat sheet for once.

I still want him gone, but only a fool would single out Sylvia after today.

• Like 1

whilst I understand your position ( that of an apologist ) it doesnt address the problem at hand , that being he is a serial pest.

If you reckon we're all talk no action ,,heres a bloke stealing serious coin for just that !!! lol

I am no apologist but I hate people behind keyboards talking it up, every one is entitled to an opinion but there are ways to express it.

By now we all know what we get with Col. I want him to stay however we should not be paying over the odds for that privilege.

If you don't know what you'll get from Col then you haven't been watching footy for a decade, He's servicable and will turn it on every so often. He'll also go missing or belt someone.

But we're better for him, and he's getting a little better each year, even if his will be another Trapper career,

• Like 1

If you don't know what you'll get from Col then you haven't been watching footy for a decade, He's servicable and will turn it on every so often. He'll also go missing or belt someone.

But we're better for him, and he's getting a little better each year, even if his will be another Trapper career,

The problem is he is one our most senior players. He should be leading by example - and he doesn't. 150 games on potential and the odd cameo.

When we have failed to develop players in the past what effect do you think players like Sylvia have?

When a senior player doesn't run and spread, give 2nd or 3rd efforts, tackles weakly or commit 100% what do you think a young player does?? When a senior player doesn't doesn't do those things it is quite probable a young player says 'why should I bother?' The young player would have come to the club full of enthusiasm and effort but after making 20 chases probably thinks 'why am I the only one doing this?'

Players like Col do terrible things to our list. Ditto Davey and Jamar. These are the guys that have escaped the proper scrutiny at our club because they are the supposed leaders. When we are being pole-axed week in week out in stats like uncontested possession (we were over 100 in deficit on average - almost twice the next worst) do you know what that actually means?? It means that players aren't running. They aren't spreading from a contest and they aren't giving the kicker an option. And guess what happens after that? We turn the ball over because the opposition pressure is too great. Its a vicious circle and it starts because we have players like Sylvia and Jamar and Davey that are content to be on an AFL list and turn up every week.

And we as a club should demand more of our senior players. And posters on these boards should stop waiting for Col to have a breakout year. FFS its his 10th year. It ain't gonna happen. He should be turfed from this club and replaced with someone that can lead.

Col offers no hope just frustration. Give me 22 players that try their guts out every week.

• Like 2

You expressed it so well Jrmac

Thats the point isnt it Senior leadership missing from players like Silvia

We will take money form younger players with more upside to pay precious Col more. I tell you what If he wants to stay so much accpt a performance based contract

See how keen he really is. And if he earns a million dollars I will the first to congratulate him and cheer him

Col had a pretty poor season last year....In 2011 he was

5th in kicks for the club

5th in Handballs

5th in handball received

2nd in tackles

2nd in inside 50's

2nd in hardball gets

I don't have the stats for this year but it has been an improvement on last year....He has played a lot of good games in the year from hell

I know everybody wants him to be Gary Ablett or Chris Judd.....but he's not

And it's very hard to fly with eagles when you play for a side that has been smashed as we have earlier this year....

Just get off his back.

• Like 2

You expressed it so well Jrmac

Thats the point isnt it Senior leadership missing from players like Silvia

We will take money form younger players with more upside to pay precious Col more. I tell you what If he wants to stay so much accpt a performance based contract

See how keen he really is. And if he earns a million dollars I will the first to congratulate him and cheer him

Unless the coach admonishes him infront of the other players for weak efforts and incessantly demands more.

A strong coach would do that.

Unless the coach admonishes him infront of the other players for weak efforts and incessantly demands more.

A strong coach would do that.

What???....A strong coach like Mark Neeld????
  • Like 1

You think a player who does that wrong thing shouldn't be pulled up for it?

Examples shouldn't be made to the group?

Demands for better performances should cease?

There's a way of doing it that would get results.

Neeld's way was not that way.

It's exactly what a strong coach would do.