WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

He did say he had not discussed assistants as he said it would be wrong to lead them down the garden path if he did not take the job.

Yet we have approached Cameron Ling and Adam Simpson for the hell of it, makes sense...

• Like 2

I love Demonland.

I know when my family is overseas without me, I hate making huge life changing decisions when the possibility exists they may get caught up in a completely unpredictable extreme weather event.

This is my nomination for post of the year.

.... not quite sure of your tone, but I think with the club having taken some Heavy hits lately in the media,,, we'll want to make as much payday out of these signings as we possible can & keeping it simmering in the papers & electronic media gives us a trickle feed of winning little messages going about the public.

after the election, I think would allow the announcement to maintain some more momentum & then we can keep adding to the footy dept as the weeks roll on.

Yet we have approached Cameron Ling and Adam Simpson for the hell of it, makes sense...

As much as I agree that Roos is a definite, there are many alternatives to why we would have approached the two. The most obvious is that they are top notch assistants and even without Roos we would love to have them on board.

Just saying what he said.

The club may have by themselves, but Roos (I believe, cant remember exact words) indicated he had not talked about them or wanted the club to approach them on his behalf.

Just saying what he said.

The club may have by themselves, but Roos (I believe, cant remember exact words) indicated he had not talked about them or wanted the club to approach them on his behalf.

Yeah i didn't mean it as though i was doubting you sorry, i highly doubt the club would approach assistants without input though.

Mate, surely they would have discussed this a number of times, he would know exactly what her position is on this, he would just be using that to buy himself the time to announce it when it suits him and pj imo, he basically said what we all thought he would realistically by the sounds of things.

I thought that as well. Say next Tuesday to buy you time then Friday or Monday.

.... not quite sure of your tone, but I think with the club having taken some Heavy hits lately in the media,,, we'll want to make as much payday out of these signings as we possible can & keeping it simmering in the papers & electronic media gives us a trickle feed of winning little messages going about the public.

I'm sorry mate but are you seriously asserting that one of the reasons both Roos and the club don't want to announce a signed contract yet is the chance his family might have some kind of accident whilst on holiday?

You can imagine it. The end of the best and fairest... Suddenly the lights dim... Soft, brooding ambient music... Then a light rises at the back of the room. Opera voices - the voices of Angela begin... From the rooftop the messiah cometh. Lord Roos has arrived to commence his first sermon.

• Like 2

I dont usually watch Footy classified. Who is the kid who is asking questions to J.Riewoldt? He looks about 14 years old and weighs as much as Morton. Does channel 9 support child labour?

• Like 2

You can imagine it. The end of the best and fairest... Suddenly the lights dim... Soft, brooding ambient music... Then a light rises at the back of the room. Opera voices - the voices of Angela begin... From the rooftop the messiah cometh. Lord Roos has arrived to commence his first sermon.

And that's exactly why it won't happen.

The appointment will be seen, and is, cool, calculated and methodical. No messiah crap.

Roos wants nothing to do with B&F - said its a time for celebration (sic) by 2013 players.

I like this - hope he takes the gig.

• Like 2

Matthew Lloyd also said a couple of weeks ago that he had from an insider at melbourne, that it was Craig and Adam Simpson as assistant.

He just wants to be able to get a word in on FC!

Having said that, all you worriers, relax, he's committed, PJ planning the announcement to be at optimal time.

• Like 2

Gary Lyon has MFCSS. Hilarious.

well hes sort of left his mark in a lot of it :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 2

After watching OTC I am not convinced its a done deal.

I need a drink this is doing my head in!

Should call in sick tomorrow can't concentrate on work ATM.

After watching OTC I am not convinced its a done deal.

I need a drink this is doing my head in!

Should call in sick tomorrow can't concentrate on work ATM.

I could get work done - if my computer wasn't always checking the papers for the latest.

• Like 3