WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Interesting that he talks about starting to see a vision of what it would look like, i'd suggest he had done that some weeks ago when he put up the article about Melbournes 2014 round 1 side and talked about how we were a very attractive challenge,

i'd say we are right in the box seat if it's not done already!

no I don't think he means the side layout

... maybe he means how the club could function off field & the likely assistants to be his aides, & his right hand confidant, etc...

I'd say some have committed to the team off field, so I reckon after the AFL have given them the commitment, re their part of the assistance, then there will a torrent of announcements that will follow, imo in the next 2.5 weeks.

yeehaaar... woop, I think!!!

• Like 2

Well I won't get my hopes up about this - but watching the snippet of video in that article - I'd say Roos to Melbourne is signed, sealed and delivered.

The best bit about this is not so much the immediate improvement in on-field success, but for the attractiveness of Melbourne as a club for rival players this off-season. This is where it begins.

• Like 4

Absolutely mate, how's this sound, Paul Roos, Adam simpson, Cameron Ling, Leigh tudor, Michael O'lauchlan?

I could live with that.

Sure beats the hell out of Neeld and Royal and ............................................

Tudor makes sense, he's been at the Swans for 2 years now, Roos would know him well.

Though he's also been linked to the Lions as Senior Coach.

Feel a bit for Neil Craig in this, could be a few announcements over the next week.

I don't think anyone has mentioned him, but everything I hear about Rawlings is extremely positive. Supposedly very hands on and the players always speak well of him.

For me, I hope he stays.

David Parkin (on our coach picking committee) was told by Gerard Whateley about a minute or two after Roos said it.

Parkin sounded more shocked than any of us. I genuinely think he had no idea.

That's not so surprising, his role would be to assess the candidates who were interviewed, doubtful he would have had alot to do with the Roos side of things.

• Like 1

I had all but abandoned any hope of Roos. I'm not popping the champagne just yet, but wow, this would be massive for this club.

Roosy's wallet will be the most massive aspect of this entire scenario

Hope this comes through

• Like 1

you all for realise all our posting will only fuel the knobs that write the fishwrappers !!! lol

"Demons go wild " "Demons get their man "...and on...lol

My question is why would he say this now?

doesn't seem like the sorta guy to give hope where there is none, blushed when ( not sure who it was ) said this will be the biggest thing since barassi leaving

knows everyone will think this is a done deal, but why not wait til monday and just make an announcement?

• Like 1

you all for realise all our posting will only fuel the knobs that write the fishwrappers !!! lol

Sounds a lot better than the past headlines we have had bb.

• Like 1

Bb I hope you are not still driving!

Now go and have a good lie down you are going to explode with joy.

On second thoughts get out the single malt.

• Like 2

Bb I hope you are not still driving!

Now go and have a good lie down you are going to explode with joy.

On second thoughts get out the single malt.

wifey driving :)
  • Like 1

nearly at desto. OD ..need a turps top up. like your thinking :)

Looks like we've just about got our man! You little beauty :) (does he bring a midfield with him?)

Is it too early for this?

• Like 1

As per AFL new rules, any employed coach regardless of his club's standing is unable to announce a chance in roles until after the grand final. It was written into the new CBA, and is part of the Coaches Union new rules.
If we were doing something with Tudor, like some above mention we would be unable to announce it until September. Maybe because of this, or whatever path we're doing Roos is calmly positioning himself so that all know he will be the man for the job, to appease the Melbourne supporters, but no big announcements will be made until they announce what assistants will be coming with him/ if we have a big name senior assistant. That couldn't be announced till later, so maybe we'd have to hold off till than.

Certainly interesting scenario.

I personally think it's far from a done deal. I do commend Roos for being brutally honest in this whole situation.. I would not be angry at him 'teasing' us like some suggest; quite frankly it's bloody nice to hear some honesty in our game, and to hear him explain how he's gone from no interest and 12 weeks later the nervousness he feels about should he dip his toes into the job was very interesting viewing. If he doesn't take the job, just in that interview he's spread the world to the AFL world that the MFC is no longer irrelevant. For that, Paul you've given me hope again.

Edited by Demon Land 7
  • Like 3